Crime Soars in Liberal Cities that Voted to Defund the Police

GopherJake

Reaction score
Here's what the real world looks like versus Jake's make-believe fantasy that the libs plans were "scuttled". Here's the MPLS Police Force's written response to concerns from business owners in MPLS and what the libs have done to decimate the police force. The libs can continue to lie about the actual situation, but it's real, and the libs policies are destroying the cities.

As far as a long-term plan I don’t have one. I have lost 30% of my street officers since the end of May. Budget cuts from COVID-19 and an additional 1.5 million from the council in August we have let go 17 CSO’s and cancelled a recruit class of 29. A potential Cadet class slated for January of 2021 was also eliminated. I takes about a year to get a police Officer onto the streets with hiring, backgrounds and field training so reinforcements aren’t coming anytime soon. We are doing everything we can with what we have. I hate to see great businesses like yours and the rest of your corridor being victimized and feeling unsafe. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
You got run over on the catwalk. Another month old article. And my statement was 100% accurate.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
NYC murder rate soars by 27% and gang violence rises 52% in 2020 as the Big Apple is rocked by crime wave
  • Mayor de Blasio cut $1 billion from the NYPD's budget in June amid calls to defund the force after cops were seen violently attacking BLM protesters
  • The biggest crime spike was for gang incidents which skyrocketed 52%
  • Burglaries increased by 20% and grand larceny of autos by 30%
  • Gun crime is becoming increasingly commonplace across the city, with separate NYPD data recording 1,095 shootings since the start of 2020

GoodasGold

Reaction score
NYC murder rate soars by 27% and gang violence rises 52% in 2020 as the Big Apple is rocked by crime wave
  • Mayor de Blasio cut $1 billion from the NYPD's budget in June amid calls to defund the force after cops were seen violently attacking BLM protesters
  • Gun crime is becoming increasingly commonplace across the city, with separate NYPD data recording 1,095 shootings since the start of 2020
I’ve locked both my doors and hidden away my supply TP. My fine wines are, of course, in the cellar.

stocker08

Reaction score
Exactly what is the shelf life of an article before it becomes inaccurate?
Good point. 45 will post it again next week so that you can renew your outrage and keep your Trump rally going.

golfing18now

Reaction score
What an unbelievable coup this has become where a group can relentlessly destroy property, loot, shout people down, and in hundreds of instances can act like complete jackasses.....yet all we read about is..
Yeah but we saw police violently attack BLM.
Yeah but paintball spraying proud boys. Yeah but Rittenhouse. Yeah but Trump. Unprecedented in our history I would think.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
What an unbelievable coup this has become where a group can relentlessly destroy property, loot, shout people down, and in hundreds of instances can act like complete jackasses.....yet all we read about is..
Yeah but we saw police violently attack BLM.
Yeah but paintball spraying proud boys. Yeah but Rittenhouse. Yeah but Trump. Unprecedented in our history I would think.
It's what happens when the media no longer reports the news. Instead of informing people, the MSM goal is to influence people, just like today's pollsters.

MNGopher23

Reaction score
Another face plant on the slopes. Thanks for the month old article with outdated information.
So because it didn't come out yesterday it makes it outdated? How so? We have been seeing this increase in crime in Minneapolis since the start of COVID and after the George Floyd murders. Hell, I live in NE Minneapolis and just two weeks ago my neighbor had a contractor working on a project and some assholes came by midday and stole a miter saw and some other power tools. I'm not sure if you use the Nextdoor app or not but it seems that the top posts have been muggings, theft, or robberies. This has become a daily occurrence. I'm not sure why you are so dismissive about the increase in crime in the cities? Is it because it makes the Dems look incompetent? The whole Minneapolis city council should be fired and replaced immediately, and many of my neighbors would agree with that statement regardless of their political affiliations.

GopherJake

Reaction score
So because it didn't come out yesterday it makes it outdated? How so?
Uhh, because of the information that is out-of-date? Ya know, things have changed. Oh, you mean it wasn't just a stupid troll post? Uh, yeah it was. I'll admit, I got snagged. But only to point out that it's trolling. Trolling is pretty stupid. Get a life.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Link to the data you posted? And specific time periods is the data referring to? IT appears there might be information provided form multiple sources and I want to see if it was conflated. Please note: when I post data, I always provide a link to it - so others know specifically how it was sourced.

Reasonable, huh?

Clicking on the headline yields nothing (its blank) the link doesn't work.

Merci

MNGopher23

Reaction score
Uhh, because of the information that is out-of-date? Ya know, things have changed. Oh, you mean it wasn't just a stupid troll post? Uh, yeah it was. I'll admit, I got snagged. But only to point out that it's trolling. Trolling is pretty stupid. Get a life.
Wow, you might be one of the dumbest posters on this board. I'm not even going to get into a discussion with you if you are going to dismiss me as a troll. I already told you that I have directly witnessed the increase in crime in Minneapolis, particularly the NE area. How that is considered 'trolling' is news to me, but to each their own.

scools12

Reaction score
Wow, you might be one of the dumbest posters on this board. I'm not even going to get into a discussion with you if you are going to dismiss me as a troll. I already told you that I have directly witnessed the increase in crime in Minneapolis, particularly the NE area. How that is considered 'trolling' is news to me, but to each their own.
The comrades don’t like when the truth is posted.

GopherJake

Reaction score
The troll post I was referring to was made by FacePlantsOffChairLifts, the OP. Settle down.

howeda7

Reaction score
Good point. 45 will post it again next week so that you can renew your outrage and keep your Trump rally going.
"Mainline coffee/adderal and frantically post new threads about the evil of Biden on Gopherhole" is a treasured Trump for MN campaign position. All the Fellas are vying for it, but 45 is winning bigly.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Gee, I wonder what the answer could possibly be... :unsure:

What’s Driving the Spike in Portland Gun Violence?

"When we defund [the police], it leaves a vacuum and particularly impacts our communities of color," Preuitt says. "Because there is less police presence and no coordinated response, there are more people in the community being bold about their criminal activity and feeling like there are no consequences."

MennoSota

Reaction score
Mpls Police trying to get help from the DOJ because the city council has failed.

The Department of Justice has set aside $3 million in grants and established a National Response Center aimed strengthening police reforms and reducing the use of excessive force by law enforcement.

Federal officials unveiled the initiative in Minnesota Tuesday and expressed hope the city of Minneapolis would be the first jurisdiction to take advantage of the program.

The announcement comes five months after George Floyd was killed by Minneapolis police on Memorial Day. That encounter, captured on cell phone video then posted to social media, sparked international protests against police brutality and systemic racism.

"I'm encouraged and excited about the offer," Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo said at a media briefing. "I have been working on our plans in creating a new MPD and this would be a key component to that."

He added that the grant would provide additional support for training officers, and assist with reviewing current policing policies, as well as providing for the mental health of officers.

Top Bottom