Corona not spreading on surfaces

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I don't know if he did it on purpose or it was an accident. I was just pointing out what was presented.
I'm not taking a political side, I just hope the information is true and it really is less likely to spread or catch through touching surfaces.
The CDC says it’s less likely to spread that way, and I believe it.

It certainly does not say that it isn’t spreading on surfaces, as falsely claimed in the thread title.

jamiche

Reaction score
Mock away. As someone who manages facilities, my take is this is no mocking matter. The same adoration of front line workers should extend, with great recognition, to custodians and other facilities maintenance staff that allow the entire process to work. Forgotten folks, once again. The lowest paid are, literally, at THE battle line.
If you manage facilities, I would think you would understand.
Just handle it the way you usually do and call the cdc to tell them that this was another lie by the red red clan.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
If you manage facilities, I would think you would understand.
Just handle it the way you usually do and call the cdc to tell them that this was another lie by the red red clan.
I understand it far better than you and your clan, jam jam. That much is obvious.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
If there's Corona spreading on a surface, I'm licking it up. No pride here.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Fecal aerosol plumes (potentially COVID-laden) )can linger for 1-3 hours in the air after flushing über-strong commercial toilets...any CDC guidance there? Oh yeah, commercial toilets cannot have covers by government mandate (assumption because people cannot be trusted to wash hands) ?

Is this fecal-oral problem addressed by Gov Walz’ Stay Safe at Home MN campaign? Essential workers should be able to defecate without worry of contracting infectious disease from the crap of a COVID-infected essential worker or essential customer and carry it home to their housemates.

The CDC and NIOSH address the fecal plume threat

GO4INLALALAND

Reaction score
To me, the larger significance of this story is that the left wing media and medical community was using the scare tactic that the Coronavirus could last for days on surfaces as another reason to justify the stay at home orders to avoid contact with foreign surfaces. During the time that the stories were coming out about the how the virus could last for days on surfaces, the media did not temper these stories by say things like: "Covid-19 can last for days on various surfaces, but you do not have to be worried about becoming infected because the chances are next to nil of becoming infected by contracting the virus from a surface."

Instead, it was used as fuel to further scare the American public into believing Covid-19 is a superbug lurking on every surface just waiting to attack and kill you when you least suspected it. Hell, you had people covered head to toe in hazmat gear because of all the false fear put out by the left wing media.

To sit here and say, "this news is no surprise," "nothing new here" is disingenuous because the media's and public health "experts'" spin on this issue was purposely made to scare a tremendous Americans into thinking that every surface posed a death threat. That has been the play by the left when it comes to everything related to this virus.

stocker08

Reaction score
To me, the larger significance of this story is that the left wing media and medical community was using the scare tactic that the Coronavirus could last for days on surfaces as another reason to justify the stay at home orders to avoid contact with foreign surfaces. During the time that the stories were coming out about the how the virus could last for days on surfaces, the media did not temper these stories by say things like: "Covid-19 can last for days on various surfaces, but you do not have to be worried about becoming infected because the chances are next to nil of becoming infected by contracting the virus from a surface."

Instead, it was used as fuel to further scare the American public into believing Covid-19 is a superbug lurking on every surface just waiting to attack and kill you when you least suspected it. Hell, you had people covered head to toe in hazmat gear because of all the false fear put out by the left wing media.

To sit here and say, "this news is no surprise," "nothing new here" is disingenuous because the media's and public health "experts'" spin on this issue was purposely made to scare a tremendous Americans into thinking that every surface posed a death threat. That has been the play by the left when it comes to everything related to this virus.
The right wing tactic of spreading blatantly false information. The stay at home orders were not put in place because of the disease being spread on surfaces. Don't be dense.

GO4INLALALAND

Reaction score
The right wing tactic of spreading blatantly false information. The stay at home orders were not put in place because of the disease being spread on surfaces. Don't be dense.
I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

stocker08

Reaction score
I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Your acid laced rant showed a major disconnect with reality. Quick! Start another thread unsuccessfully arguing how the flu is more deadly than covid-19!

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Because it wasn’t known for sure it was next to nil initially. As more research was done and more was known, recommendations get tweaked. That’s how it should work. I really don’t think this changes a whole lot. Things like social distancing and wearing masks are still important.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
So if I understand all this correctly, when I touch my girlfriend in that special way she likes to be touched; and when she touches me in that special way I like to be touched, then we aren’t at increased risk for spreading the corona? Oh, Good!!

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
So if I understand all this correctly, when I touch my girlfriend in that special way she likes to be touched; and when she touches me in that special way I like to be touched, then we aren’t at increased risk for spreading the corona? Oh, Good!!
girlfriend?

GO4INLALALAND

Reaction score
Because it wasn’t known for sure it was next to nil initially. As more research was done and more was known, recommendations get tweaked. That’s how it should work. I really don’t think this changes a whole lot. Things like social distancing and wearing masks are still important.
That’s my point; the left creates hysteria and those that oppose the hysteria are dismissed because they’re not “experts.” Then the ones who were right all along, ie the right, are minimized because when the truth comes out the hysteria is over.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Fecal aerosol plumes (potentially COVID-laden) )can linger for 1-3 hours in the air after flushing über-strong commercial toilets...any CDC guidance there? Oh yeah, commercial toilets cannot have covers by government mandate (assumption because people cannot be trusted to wash hands) ?

Is this fecal-oral problem addressed by Gov Walz’ Stay Safe at Home MN campaign? Essential workers should be able to defecate without worry of contracting infectious disease from the crap of a COVID-infected essential worker or essential customer and carry it home to their housemates.

The CDC and NIOSH address the fecal plume threat

2012/13 article :sneaky:

We have more important things to focus on, right now. We can get to tangentially related things later.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
That’s my point; the left creates hysteria and those that oppose the hysteria are dismissed because they’re not “experts.” Then the ones who were right all along, ie the right, are minimized because when the truth comes out the hysteria is over.
That's not your point, because you don't have anything close to a sane point. This hyperbole should be dismissed.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
The CDC isn’t saying it can’t spread via touch to mucous membranes, it’s just less important. The origin of the 6 foot distancing rule came after studies on respiratory virus landing distance like SARS in a hospital setting. Other countries have 1 or 1.5 meter rules (Germany, Singapore, Australia, Denmark, Sweden, etc). The logic for that is the danger zone of exhalations when talking or breathing is roughly 3 feet or less. This means if you’re outside of the 3 fpoor zone, there is no air current, the person isn’t a “loud talker“, and isn’t coughing or sneezing you’re probably safe. The 6 foot zone is essentially a safety cushion for loud talkers.

Masks in tight spaces. Tamp down the volume a little bit. Avoid Italians, Russians, heavyset attorneys.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I wonder if the CDC won’t eventually downshift the 6 foot distancing rule to 3-4 feet, and masks for all sneezers/coughers under penalty of law to aid commerce. There should probably be more and better studies on a (somewhat) arbitrary distance as it is the $$$ dollar question.

Last edited:

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Was there really that much hysteria around surfaces? And were there a lot of people saying it can’t spread easily on surfaces from the beginning? I don’t remember it being a big deal on either side of the aisle. Sure people ended up probably being a little over cautious with wiping down groceries, leaving mail sit for a few days, etc. But I think it was better to be safe than sorry.

There have been people on both sides that have been wrong. I could easily find many tweets from people on the right that in mid March were saying maybe 5, 10k deaths and that it would all be back to normal in a month or two.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I remember early on there was talk of how the Covid virus could remain viable on a box for more than a few hours which, of course, got my attention. But it was later explained to be referring to like a cardboard box - sheesh! I can deal with that.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I wonder if the CDC won’t eventually downshift the 6 foot distancing rule to 3-4 feet, and masks for all sneezers/coughers under penalty of law to aid commerce. There should probably be more and better studies on a (somewhat) arbitrary distance as it is the $$$ dollar question.
But by the time you get around to all that, if people would just all wear masks, the damn thing would be well on the way out.

Sad that people suck too much.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Our CDC is so stupid. The Germans figured this out and told the world back in March. I even said it here. Gopherhole knew way before the CDC.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Our CDC is so stupid. The Germans figured this out and told the world back in March. I even said it here. Gopherhole knew way before the CDC.
Before this happened, and mind you this is mainly based on movies like Outbreak and Contagion (so it shows you how much of a lay person I was, and still am), if you would've asked me if the CDC was the foremost authority in the world on contagious disease, I would not have hesitated in saying yes.

Now, not a chance. It is embarrassing how much they bungled this.

Top Bottom