Congressperson Maxine Waters calling for violence

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The state controls funding and rushed to close polling places in "certain" counties after the VRA was gutted. Saying they don't control it is a a lie.

How do MN, WI and other states have same-day registration if it's "nearly impossible"? And why don't they have massive fraud if it's "much less secure"? And why do they report results as quickly as most other states? More lies.

If your standard is nothing in the law says black people can't vote, then no it's not racially biased. But the intent is suppress minority vote, and you know it. So you pretzel.

I also love that you're so proud that the elections staff can give out water etc.. Of course the original bill banned it out right, banned Sunday voting, etc. Just because the final bill is less awful than the original doesn't make it right. And it's only the case because people spoke out. If they'd passed the original bill, you'd be here vehemently defending it.
howie, you didn’t respond to my last post to you:

The state controls the funding? Please show me exactly how election funds are doled out, being that you claim to know?

How exactly are these laws suppressing minority vote? Is it harder for black people than white people to procure a voter ID?

If? Deflection and speculation with no basis in fact.

Answer the first two paragraphs.

STPGopher

Reaction score
One of those tough guys talking about self defense but then crying about the Proud Boys.
Ha! This is so rich. What a swing and a miss. Starting with the Proud Boys, who and what are they defending?

The 'exercise' was to explore why it's okay to talk rightful protest and or self defense for some, but not others. Travon Martin comes to mind. George Zimmerman could stand his ground even after the law told him not to confront (sound familiar), but Travon (whose father lived in the community) could not? MJT can threaten threaten other members of congress amongst many other transgressions, and basically the whole Republican party stands up for her. A Texas GOP chair can suggest secession (our country already fought a war over this) Yet Maxine Waters confront and here comes the faux outrage.

Regarding Law enforcement, how can one say they fully support law enforcement, the judicial system, and the military, yet support the proud boys, the oath keepers, etc. This is the kind of crap that creates lil Rittenhouses.

Yep 'we' respect the rule of law so much that we encourage 17 year olds to cross state lines with firearms to allegedly commit felony assault/ kill people because they think they are the law? Interesting.

I have been on record as a proponent of de-escalation. So much so, that i have advocated it as part of police reform.

I will leave the tough guy talk to you and others.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score
I think that we may have hit the point where just everyone going our separate ways the best. Obviously people like me and my family that believe in God, personal responsibility, and law and order don't have much place in the new leftist world. And I am sure the last thing you want is to live by people like me. Maybe best if we just put our heads together and figure out a way to split?

STPGopher

Reaction score
It really wasn't slow to bring charges. They were brought by Friday of that week. There was absolutely no reason for charges to be brought quicker than that. Even if we disagree on this point, the looting didn't stop after charges were filed. The riots occurred all summer while justice was being administered.

As far as the groups that did it, I don't know. Even if they were on the right, I don't care which side they are on. The police and national guard should have treated them like the violent group of thugs that they are.

Even the rallying cry of the peaceful protesters was "no justice, no peace". They were getting justice. Derek Chauvin was arrested and charged with murder. Clearly, the vast majority of those folks don't see our process as a source of justice.
It is beyond rare for a Police officer to be convicted of manslaughter or murder. You already know that. You also already know that is why the protests continued on. You also know that "No Justice, No Peace" slogan has been around for some time.

Prior art.

https://www.thelovemagazine.co.uk/a...voices-of-black-lives-matter-protestors-in-la
5616DD0A-3B8A-42AC-B3C9-3ABCEEF1680D.jpeg

policebrutalityweb.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_ju...="No justice, no peace",a mob of white youths.
Prior art .

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Bob_Loblaw. You are a Cretin guy. Trash talking aside, you are better than this. Any looting is wasteful, wrong, and often greatly misses the mark and hurts innocent people. Beyond merchants it hurt elders, and economically challenged people, amongst others.

This has been mentioned numerous times. There were other instigators involved. Most insist on blaming it on one group. Deliberate agitators, thieves and what appeared to be hate groups all seemed to be ready and willing opportunists. I am only speaking of Minneapolis, not the rest of the world. Yes, I said the rest of the world.

It was an unfortunate incident with unfortunate consequences that was exacerbated by a slow effort to bring about charges. Once inertia took over, this is what we ended up with.

The greatest concern going forward is that either there will be distractions and there will be no meaningful change, or there will be a grossly under funded and understaffed version of "public" safety. Hopefully I am wrong.
Those outstate and out of state rioters were here in a flash after Mr. Wright's incident. Continue with your ignorance and dishonesty.

MennoSota

Reaction score
The other mocked Jesus.

Cutting through the chase, so many things throughout U.S. history could have potentially reduced many recent events, but they didn't so here we are.

The Chauvin trial verdict presents opportunity. Hope for the best. Minnesota has been a beacon before, so there is hope!
The Chauvin trial shows how the US justice system works. It shows how the rule of law works. It's not flawless, but it is a process by which a person is innocent until proven guilty. I have no beef with the process and I fully accept the verdict.
However, had the verdict come back as innocent of all charges would Maxine Waters and the crowds have accepted the rule of law...or would a form of vigilante mob have started with anger resulting in destruction? It is that mob mentality that Maxine Waters provoked and for which she has been rightfully called out.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
The Chauvin trial shows how the US justice system works. It shows how the rule of law works. It's not flawless, but it is a process by which a person is innocent until proven guilty. I have no beef with the process and I fully accept the verdict.
However, had the verdict come back as innocent of all charges would Maxine Waters and the crowds have accepted the rule of law...or would a form of vigilante mob have started with anger resulting in destruction? It is that mob mentality that Maxine Waters provoked and for which she has been rightfully called out.
ess tee p likes and want violence.....

STPGopher

Reaction score
Thankfully, we don't need to address that question...Yet.

Regarding Waters we can go back and forth ad nauseum. To me what it highlights is the unequal application of 'rules of conduct'. If all U.S. citizens were truly treated equally, we wouldn't be having this conversation. If for decades (one could argue centuries) policing was conducted properly, we wouldn't be having this conversation. If many communities of disenfranchised people were heard and given the opportunity to determine how they are served, we wouldn't be having this conversation. With that said, forgive me if I cannot muster outrage for what Congressperson said.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It is beyond rare for a Police officer to be convicted of manslaughter or murder. You already know that. You also already know that is why the protests continued on. You also know that "No Justice, No Peace" slogan has been around for some time.

Prior art.

https://www.thelovemagazine.co.uk/a...voices-of-black-lives-matter-protestors-in-la
5616DD0A-3B8A-42AC-B3C9-3ABCEEF1680D.jpeg

policebrutalityweb.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_justice,_no_peace#:~:text="No justice, no peace",a mob of white youths.
Prior art .

Oh, I've never even hinted that there was any bit of original thought with any of these folks. I fully understand that everything they think and do is fed to them.

My point is that according to your logic, if the wheels of justice are in motion, that equals justice. For the pregnant woman who St. George stuck a gun into her belly, she received justice because he did his time. You know what, I tend to agree with you. At least in terms of any sort of justice anyone can expect from the world/society.

You said it's justice on one hand, then why is that not the definition of justice for the police shootings? For the famous shootings in MN, all of the cops were arrested, all of them charged, and yet these people are still marching and chanting "No Justice, No Peace"?

MennoSota

Reaction score

Regarding Waters we can go back and forth ad nauseum. To me what it highlights is the unequal application of 'rules of conduct'. If all U.S. citizens were truly treated equally, we wouldn't be having this conversation. If for decades (one could argue centuries) policing was conducted properly, we wouldn't be having this conversation. If many communities of disenfranchised people were heard and given the opportunity to determine how they are served, we wouldn't be having this conversation. With that said, forgive me if I cannot muster outrage for what Congressperson said.
The problem with this is that each and every police interaction is unique and must be treated as such. Past interactions cannot be used as a means of judgment upon the present interaction. If we follow your path, then we have a perpetual prejudice that taints the rule of law. Judgment is not, therefore, based upon the law, but upon perceived or real injustice in the past. One is not judged upon the present altercation, but upon all the other altercations of other individuals in the past where someone opinions that there was no justice. Following that process, there can never truly be an honest ruling on an individual basis. The past will always dictate the process rather than the rule of law dictating the process. In that vein the rule of law becomes tainted.

Each and every case must stand or fall on its own merit, apart from past history.

The problem is that the left is using "victimhood" as lever for deciding justice in a present case. This is wrong and it means that there will never be resolution because every perceived incidence of victimhood will be used as the judge, jury and executioner of an altercation between police and any non-white person in the US.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

This is a punt. We all know what would have happened if they didn't get precisely what they wanted.

If sane democrats don't react to people like Maxine Waters or any politician commenting on what the verdict "should" be, then we're totally screwed as a country. It's getting to a point where leaders in the DFL are almost weaponizing an angry mob to get what they want. It's sick. It's precisely the thing that disgusted them during the half day Capital riot.

I am 100% cool with anyone involved in the Capital Riots to be arrested. I don't support it. It's vile. But we have cities burning. We have blocks of cities taken hostage. There is no outrage coming from the left. It's always BS like your punt of an answer.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
The problem with this is that each and every police interaction is unique and must be treated as such. Past interactions cannot be used as a means of judgment upon the present interaction. If we follow your path, then we have a perpetual prejudice that taints the rule of law. Judgment is not, therefore, based upon the law, but upon perceived or real injustice in the past. One is not judged upon the present altercation, but upon all the other altercations of other individuals in the past where someone opinions that there was no justice. Following that process, there can never truly be an honest ruling on an individual basis. The past will always dictate the process rather than the rule of law dictating the process. In that vein the rule of law becomes tainted.

Each and every case must stand or fall on its own merit, apart from past history.

The problem is that the left is using "victimhood" as lever for deciding justice in a present case. This is wrong and it means that there will never be resolution because every perceived incidence of victimhood will be used as the judge, jury and executioner of an altercation between police and any non-white person in the US.

The marching isn't even limited to police interactions. If any story can come out that they can shoe-horn into their political narrative, they do it. The left has tapped into a growing wave of recreational outrage and they have weaponized for their political movement.

There are rallies all over the country because a crazy person shot up a massage parlor. They want less policing in Chicago while rallying around gun violence.

Could you imagine if white people went crazy because of Deshawn Watson? The South Carolina football player who shot up a family?

This sort of world where we are looking at horrific things and taking an inventory on the racial breakdown of the victims vs. the perpetrators is disgusting. It's literally the same thing that Alt-Right/"racial realists" do. There is no peaceful ending to this line of thinking.

STPGopher

Reaction score
This is a punt. We all know what would have happened if they didn't get precisely what they wanted.

If sane democrats don't react to people like Maxine Waters or any politician commenting on what the verdict "should" be, then we're totally screwed as a country. It's getting to a point where leaders in the DFL are almost weaponizing an angry mob to get what they want. It's sick. It's precisely the thing that disgusted them during the half day Capital riot.

I am 100% cool with anyone involved in the Capital Riots to be arrested. I don't support it. It's vile. But we have cities burning. We have blocks of cities taken hostage. There is no outrage coming from the left. It's always BS like your punt of an answer.
Yep How "birth of a nation" of you.

STPGopher

Reaction score

And yet not only has there been silence for centuries from one side. But, we don't even need to include that. There was full throttled support and tolerance during the Trump administration. An insurrection and potential assassination attempt on a standing Vice President because people didn't get there way. Crickets. Police were beaten and disregarded all while co-seditionists carried Blue lives matter, and anti-U.S. flags. Crickets.

Equal application would be... Crickets.

MennoSota

Reaction score
And yet not only has there been silence for centuries from one side. But, we don't even need to include that. There was full throttled support and tolerance during the Trump administration. An insurrection and potential assassination attempt on a standing Vice President because people didn't get there way. Crickets. Police were beaten and disregarded all while co-seditionists carried Blue lives matter, and anti-U.S. flags. Crickets.

Equal application would be... Crickets.
Hardly crickets. Did you see how Republican Senator Ben Sasse reacted? It is clear you want an excuse for your prejudice.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Hardly crickets. Did you see how Republican Senator Ben Sasse reacted? It is clear you want an excuse for your prejudice.
I don't necessarily agree with Congressperson Waters. I just think that not only are her words being twisted to suit an agenda, that she can feel free to say what she wants. The precedent has been set.

Regarding Sasse, Mit Romney spoke out against many things. The list grows incredibly thin after that. Going back to Sasse, was he not censured?
I did in the comment you responded. Did you need that broken down more?
Yes please!

MennoSota

Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with Congressperson Waters. I just think that not only are her words being twisted to suit an agenda, that she can feel free to say what she wants. The precedent has been set.

Regarding Sasse, Mit Romney spoke out against many things. The list grows incredibly thin after that. Going back to Sasse, was he not censured?

Yes please!
Indeed, the Nebraska Republican Party censored him. I do not support the Republican Party as it panders to the money promised by Donald Trump and caves to the moral high ground they have on a number of political issues. The Party needs to jettison Donald Trump to the trash bin of history where Jesse Ventura is living.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

Yes please!
Some folks can say what they want. All OK.

OTHER folks say what they want. UNACCEPTABLE.

ess tee PEE

STPGopher

Reaction score
Indeed, the Nebraska Republican Party censored him. I do not support the Republican Party as it panders to the money promised by Donald Trump and caves to the moral high ground they have on a number of political issues. The Party needs to jettison Donald Trump to the trash bin of history where Jesse Ventura is living.
Agree. Unfortunately momentum has barreled over people like Senator Sasse.

STPGopher

Reaction score
I understand you quite well. Took some folks a bit to catch up. And they have.........
I knew your parlor schtick from day one, so there is that. .

Debating the validity of free speech and context goes only in one direction with you I see.

Top Bottom