Congressperson Maxine Waters calling for violence

Spoofin

Reaction score
There the disenfranchised go again. Confronting and stuff. Causing good trouble.
There is a difference between telling someone to "confront something" and telling a group of protestors to be "more confrontational". We all know it - but hey, keep on playing word games to avoid calling a spade a spade. Sheep.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It might be time for you to just not answer this question.
You’re barking up the wrong tree here. There’s an article that I posted with the picture. Everyone makes certain assumptions about others based on limited facts. Everyone on this forum certainly has, including you.

This guy has a record. Generally, SOME in black community are upset about what’s happened in Minneapolis. It’s not a stretch to think that it was a ”lefty or lefty SJW” (no race mentioned) that committed the crime of shooting at the National Guardsmen, which I suspected. Considering all of the circumstances, there’s a really really good chance that this black man with a criminal record that weapon evidence pointed to him as the culprit is not a RWer and is a lefty or sympathetic with the left cause.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You’re barking up the wrong tree here. There’s an article that I posted with the picture. Everyone makes certain assumptions about others based on limited facts. Everyone on this forum certainly has, including you.

This guy has a record. Generally, SOME in black community are upset about what’s happened in Minneapolis. It’s not a stretch to think that it was a ”lefty or lefty SJW” (no race mentioned) that committed the crime of shooting at the National Guardsmen, which I suspected. Considering all of the circumstances, there’s a really really good chance that this black man with a criminal record that weapon evidence pointed to him as the culprit is not a RWer and is a lefty or sympathetic with the left cause.
Look Dude. I didn't comment at all when you assumed someone with leftist leaning views fired the shots. It was something most rational people would have thought was the most likely scenario. I objected to you posting the mugshot of the shooter and using that as "proof" that it wasn't a RWer. A LWer is still the most likely scenario ---- the mug shot didn't make it more or less likely.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Look Dude. I didn't comment at all when you assumed someone with leftist leaning views fired the shots. It was something most rational people would have thought was the most likely scenario. I objected to you posting the mugshot of the shooter and using that as "proof" that it wasn't a RWer. A LWer is still the most likely scenario ---- the mug shot didn't make it more or less likely.
“The mug shot” was part of the article which I posted in near entirety from WCCO.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
With the comment, "Does this guy look like a RWer to you?".

You should stop now.
B/c Murray was suggesting that it could’ve been a RWer.

I’m not really sure of what you’re getting at. Am I a racist for thinking that he’s not a RWer?

Do you actually think that he looks like he could be a RWer? Do those white guys in the picture that Murray posted look like RWers to me? Yes.

So making assumptions about white people is different than making assumptions about a black man with a criminal record, and evidence that he shot a the Guardsmen?

Under the circumstances, his race, his record, the evidence point to someone that had an issue with those protecting the police station in Brooklyn Center. I’m suspecting his political view point from the information prior to his identification and after with all facts considered.

His political identification.

STPGopher

Reaction score
There is a difference between telling someone to "confront something" and telling a group of protestors to be "more confrontational". We all know it - but hey, keep on playing word games to avoid calling a spade a spade. Sheep.
Okay we agree to disagree. At minimum this is a case of the Chickens coming home to roost.

The prosecutions arguments were so persuasive, nothing else needed to be said.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Looks like one of those chickens got loose looking to roost again...

MennoSota

Reaction score
Did Huey? or did he reserve the right to escalate as necessary?
Yes, Huey did advocate violence, as did Malcolm X. They became no different than their oppressors. That was what made MLK different. It was what made Frederick Douglas different. But, I don't expect you to make the connection.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Speaking of MLK jr. who would he be walking with? Was he for poll taxes? Was he for the poor? Was he for workers and basic human dignity? What about El Hajj Malik El Shabazz? Were there philosophies converging, or diverging?

Back to Congress person Waters. Many people know that they may very well need to protest/ crowd the streets to confront injustice head on!

You want to see true pressuring jury's (assuming the 'defendant got to the courtroom)? This is what it looks like.
crowd-watches-as-caucasian-men-prepare-a-platform-for-the-hanging-of-picture-id640484599

crowd-gathering-to-witness-the-killing-of-thomas-shipp-and-abram-two-picture-id2664728

So excuse Ms. Waters if her words were not perfect. She's seen far too many innocent children of God robbed of their lives.
How did the world's greatest leader defeat evil?
cross.jpeg

BarnBurner

Reaction score
ESS TEE P isn't so subtle.

He hate whitey.
He hate DJT.
He WANTS trouble in the streets, looting, riots, buildings burning.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Yes, Huey did advocate violence, as did Malcolm X. They became no different than their oppressors. That was what made MLK different. It was what made Frederick Douglas different. But, I don't expect you to make the connection.
You obviously need to go back and read the autobiography of Malcolm X. Furthermore he was for self defense when with the Nation of Islam. Seems like a whole lot of people are for self defense and it is never questioned. I wonder why? I also wonder why Philando Castile is no longer with us. I wonder why?

"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence." "I don't favor violence. - Malcolm X.

Constitutional Rights only seem to apply to some. Of course we already knew that.

Regarding different, MLK Jr. was one of many. He grew into the role that he did not initially want. E.D. Nixon and many others convinced him. Kind of an Aaron and Moses type of relationship with many filling Aarons shoes.

Power concedes nothing without a demand!

STPGopher

Reaction score
How did the world's greatest leader defeat evil?
View attachment 12641
Obviously with love. Care to expand on the other two crosses?

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Please share with us your posts where you have spoken out against criminal activity of mr Floyd and mr Wright.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Obviously with love. Care to expand on the other two crosses?

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
One cross where non-violence secured hope for many. Two crosses where violence ended in justice.

The passage you quote goes on. The man who asked the question walked away with sadness because he was rich and couldn't give it up to follow God.
No human can keep those two commands, which is why humanity is represented by the two crosses where sinners were justly killed.

STPGopher

Reaction score
One cross where non-violence secured hope for many. Two crosses where violence ended in justice.

The passage you quote goes on. The man who asked the question walked away with sadness because he was rich and couldn't give it up to follow God.
No human can keep those two commands, which is why humanity is represented by the two crosses where sinners were justly killed.
Simply, Thank you! If I may expand, did one not ask remembered me when you enter your kingdom?

Last edited:

STPGopher

Reaction score
Please share with us your posts where you have spoken out against criminal activity of mr Floyd and mr Wright.
Mr. Floyd was tried and convicted for his previous crime. He served time. Justice. I would have been more than elated if he had been given the opportunity to have a trial for the forgery charge.

Again, Mr. Floyd was not on trial. You know this, but you like to do your pseudo O.J. Simpson litmus tests even though it was Mr. Chauvin that was on trial.

Mr. Wright? I don't know enough about the situation. I don't even know if he knew he had a warrant out?

Officer Potter? It appears that she made a tragic mistake that you can't afford to make? Perhaps some good can come of it. Perhaps there is another layer of safety that can be added to prevent this mistake from occurring a third time in Minnesota (once by Potter).

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Weak sauce ess tee pee. Continue to support criminal activity.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Mr. Floyd was tried and convicted for his previous crime. He served time. Justice. I would have been more than elated if he had been given the opportunity to have a trial for the forgery charge.

Again, Mr. Floyd was not on trial. You know this, but you like to do your pseudo O.J. Simpson litmus tests even though it was Mr. Chauvin that was on trial.

Mr. Wright? I don't know enough about the situation. I don't even know if he knew he had a warrant out?

Officer Potter? It appears that she made a tragic mistake that you can't afford to make? Perhaps some good can come of it. Perhaps there is another layer of safety that can be added to prevent this mistake from occurring a third time in Minnesota (once by Potter).

So an arrest, a trial, and a sentence = Justice. We agree.

So then I assume we both agree that all of the looting, rioting, and chaos because George Floyd was abhorrent. It was taking place while the wheels of justice were working. George Floyd was getting justice when cities burned, when stores were robbed, while countless leftist creeps called for more.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
And, some here on gh have said there has not been justice even with the verdict.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

So then I assume we both agree that all of the looting, rioting, and chaos because George Floyd was abhorrent. It was taking place while the wheels of justice were working. George Floyd was getting justice when cities burned, when stores were robbed, while countless leftist creeps called for more.
Ess tee p wants more street violence.

STPGopher

Reaction score

Bob_Loblaw. You are a Cretin guy. Trash talking aside, you are better than this. Any looting is wasteful, wrong, and often greatly misses the mark and hurts innocent people. Beyond merchants it hurt elders, and economically challenged people, amongst others.

This has been mentioned numerous times. There were other instigators involved. Most insist on blaming it on one group. Deliberate agitators, thieves and what appeared to be hate groups all seemed to be ready and willing opportunists. I am only speaking of Minneapolis, not the rest of the world. Yes, I said the rest of the world.

It was an unfortunate incident with unfortunate consequences that was exacerbated by a slow effort to bring about charges. Once inertia took over, this is what we ended up with.

The greatest concern going forward is that either there will be distractions and there will be no meaningful change, or there will be a grossly under funded and understaffed version of "public" safety. Hopefully I am wrong.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Bob_Loblaw. You are a Cretin guy. Trash talking aside, you are better than this. Any looting is wasteful, wrong, and often greatly misses the mark and hurts innocent people. Beyond merchants it hurt elders, and economically challenged people, amongst others.

This has been mentioned numerous times. There were other instigators involved. Most insist on blaming it on one group. Deliberate agitators, thieves and what appeared to be hate groups all seemed to be ready and willing opportunists. I am only speaking of Minneapolis, not the rest of the world. Yes, I said the rest of the world.

It was an unfortunate incident with unfortunate consequences that was exacerbated by a slow effort to bring about charges. Once inertia took over, this is what we ended up with.

The greatest concern going forward is that either there will be distractions and there will be no meaningful change, or there will be a grossly under funded and understaffed version of "public" safety. Hopefully I am wrong.
It really wasn't slow to bring charges. They were brought by Friday of that week. There was absolutely no reason for charges to be brought quicker than that. Even if we disagree on this point, the looting didn't stop after charges were filed. The riots occurred all summer while justice was being administered.

As far as the groups that did it, I don't know. Even if they were on the right, I don't care which side they are on. The police and national guard should have treated them like the violent group of thugs that they are.

Even the rallying cry of the peaceful protesters was "no justice, no peace". They were getting justice. Derek Chauvin was arrested and charged with murder. Clearly, the vast majority of those folks don't see our process as a source of justice.

STPGopher

Reaction score
After that thief had done what while on the cross?
The other mocked Jesus.

Cutting through the chase, so many things throughout U.S. history could have potentially reduced many recent events, but they didn't so here we are.

The Chauvin trial verdict presents opportunity. Hope for the best. Minnesota has been a beacon before, so there is hope!

Top Bottom