Congressperson Maxine Waters calling for violence

golf

Reaction score
Yeah, i saw this. Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo certainly agree.

I actually expect dems/media to be sure to condemn looting/burning this time around. They got hammered by repubs regarding their silence last summer. No harm in at least paying lip service to the idea that destruction of stores is bad.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, but the hypocrisy of Democrats is unbelievable. They impeached Trump for inciting violence b/c he used the words “we have to fight”.

Maxine Waters: "If nothing does not happen then we have to not only stay in the streets but we have to fight for justice," she continued. "I am very hopeful and I hope that we are going to get a verdict that is guilty, guilty, guilty and if we don't, we cannot go away."

Impeach Maxine!!!

MennoSota

Reaction score
If I were a governor in a state with a large city, I would be organizing the National Guard and deploy them to strategic areas in these cities so as to minimize the damage that will take place if Chauvin is found not guilty in the 2nd degree (murder or manslaughter). Even if 3rd degree is found guilty, I expect rioting. This summer is going to be ugly. Wish I had a lake house out state.

golf

Reaction score
If I were a governor in a state with a large city, I would be organizing the National Guard and deploy them to strategic areas in these cities so as to minimize the damage that will take place if Chauvin is found not guilty in the 2nd degree (murder or manslaughter). Even if 3rd degree is found guilty, I expect rioting. This summer is going to be ugly. Wish I had a lake house out state.

Yes. Would also be extremely helpful if right now dems/media put out consistent and strong messaging that looting/burning is criminal and will be prosecuted to full extent of the law. Maxine of course disagrees.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yeah, i saw this. Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo certainly agree.

I actually expect dems/media to be sure to condemn looting/burning this time around. They got hammered by repubs regarding their silence last summer. No harm in at least paying lip service to the idea that destruction of stores is bad.
I saw Walz on Ch 4 briefly this morning. He said it is his responsibility to make sure what happened this summer doesn’t happen again and he expects folks to hold him accountable for that. No mention tho of who’s responsibility it was for what did happen this summer. 🤷‍♂️

Section2

Reaction score
Not surprising. Mob rule is what Democrats want. They think the mob is on their side. They are playing with fire.

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
I don't think it's a surprise that they are condemning non-lethal use of force from the police to counter-attack rioters. They want free reign to be violent with zero chance of violence used against them in response.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I think everyone agrees the chances of riots with a not guilty verdict are 100%.

What are the chances there are riots even with a guilty verdict?

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
I think everyone agrees the chances of riots with a not guilty verdict are 100%.

What are the chances there are riots even with a guilty verdict?
Protests and unrest, yes. As should be.

National guard will be deployed, so outstate people can’t burn buildings.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Protests and unrest, yes. As should be.

National guard will be deployed, so outstate people can’t burn buildings.
Why should there be protests and unrest if he is found not guilty? He would have been tried and found not guilty from a group of his peers. That’s the American legal system.

scools12

Reaction score
The leftist supporting and encouraging violence if they do or don’t get their way is nothing new. The leftists have been encouraging, supporting and promoting it for the last year.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It’s just more proof that there’s so much hypocrisy all around. Those so mad about Trump are now silent. And those that defended Trump are now outraged. Inciting violence should have major consequences regardless of who they are. And until politicians start being consistent and calling out “their own”, it’ll continue to happen with very little consequences.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It’s just more proof that there’s so much hypocrisy all around. Those so mad about Trump are now silent. And those that defended Trump are now outraged. Inciting violence should have major consequences regardless of who they are. And until politicians start being consistent and calling out “their own”, it’ll continue to happen with very little consequences.
Wrong. Many Republicans and/or conservatives condemned Trump for his use of vitriolic language, including some here. But not one Democrat or lefty has yet to criticize Waters.

BTW, Trump said that “we will march peacefully and patriotically to the Capitol”. He used the term “fight“ and the stolen election theme, which is what Dems focused on in his impeachment. Water used the term “fight” and “get more confrontational” if we don’t get the result we want.

Did Maxine say “peacefully and patriotically” protest?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Some of us that spoke out against the rioting that Trump incited are also speakign out against the rioting that Waters is trying to incite.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Why should there be protests and unrest if he is found not guilty? He would have been tried and found not guilty from a group of his peers. That’s the American legal system.
I'd like to know what the distinction being drawn here is between "riots" and "unrest". Seems like wordmanship to downplay rioting to me.

golf

Reaction score

I think trump policies put him near the top of any list of greatest presidents. However, he was wrong in encouraging doubt about the election as he did.

Last edited:

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Wrong. Many Republicans and/or conservatives condemned Trump for his use of vitriolic language, including some here. But not one Democrat or lefty has yet to criticize Waters.

BTW, Trump said that “we will march peacefully and patriotically to the Capitol”. He used the term “fight“ and the stolen election theme, which is what Dems focused on in his impeachment. Water used the term “fight” and “get more confrontational” if we don’t get the result we want.

Did Maxine say “peacefully and patriotically” protest?
Well as long as he added that part then it’s ok.

The point is there were no consequences. Coming out and saying he shouldn’t have done this or that is irrelevant if there is no consequences. Words are useless if they aren’t backed up by actions.

Last edited:

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Some of us that spoke out against the rioting that Trump incited are also speakign out against the rioting that Waters is trying to incite.
That’s fair. But a majority of those people moved on right away defending him. Certainly happened with politicians. “Yeah he shouldn’t have done that but I’ll continue to support him” isn’t really speaking out against him. So far there has been zero repercussions for his actions. A politician calling for Waters to be removed after voting against impeachment is hypocritical.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Well as long as he added that part then it’s ok.

The point is there were no consequences. Coming out and saying he shouldn’t have done this or that is irrelevant if there is no consequences. Words are useless if they aren’t backed up by actions.
Oh, I thought “words matter”. Or so I was told (by Democrats).

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Not surprising. Mob rule is what Democrats want. They think the mob is on their side. They are playing with fire.

Yeah, for sure and no doubt.

Remember when that Democrat mob invaded the Capitol in January, and tried to disrupt our American election? Man, that was a bad mob. Mob rule sucks.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Yeah. It was condemned by virtually everyone.

Mobs suck, but only one gets condemned and yeahbutted.

Oh, it's pretty clear which one gets 'yeah butted' the most. And we have at least two, maybe three posters on this board who spend a fair amount of time on the Insurrection thread desperately trying to minimize the treasonous crimes committed by the mob on January 6, as well as defending the actions of those who spurred that mob on.

'Just a bunch of rowdies takin' selfies, dontcha know.'

If you like, I'd be happy to quote one for you.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Oh, it's pretty clear which one gets 'yeah butted' the most. And we have at least two, maybe three posters on this board who spend a fair amount of time on the Insurrection thread desperately trying to minimize the treasonous crimes committed by the mob on January 6, as well as defending the actions of those who spurred that mob on.

'Just a bunch of rowdies takin' selfies, dontcha know.'

If you like, I'd be happy to quote one for you.
By all means.

Spoofin

Reaction score
This is totally different tho 🙄

Top Bottom