Congratulations to the Dems

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
To fight injustice, to right that which is wrong, and to serve all mankind.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
This aww shucks routine from the board’s biggest psycho is really something.
Sorry, there's no way that he gets it over CRG and 45. I guess if vileness isn't a factor in your rankings, and just going by fervent untruth, then maybe.

gopher7

Reaction score
I don't recall exactly who or where, but I recall some commentator say we will never truly be great until we stop thinking of our neighbors as adversaries. Thanks for making the first move!
I don't think this is ever going to stop. It's ironic that many people in congress are BFFs with members of the other party once the cameras are off, but you never really see that advertised. There is too much money is people hating each other. It fuels passions and fills coffers for reelections.

Nax5

Reaction score
No matter what happens, I'm sorry for getting heated the last few months. People need to get more comfortable with discussing politics and appropriately proposing opinions - me included.

jovs

Reaction score
It appears that Biden will win at this point. At this point, though I disagree with how it is happening, I will be praying for him to lead fairly and honestly. Best wishes to all.
Kind of premature at this point, lots of interesting stuff though, the Florida results were fascinating, I think Miami Dade has had an influx of South American immigrants(especially Venezualan's), Latino but probably lean Republican as apposed to Arizona.

atsgopher

Reaction score
It appears that Biden will win at this point. At this point, though I disagree with how it is happening, I will be praying for him to lead fairly and honestly. Best wishes to all.
Great post.

bga1

Reaction score
To fight injustice, to right that which is wrong, and to serve all mankind.
The only workable solutions for justice are person to person. You cannot fix the past with the hand of government programs. You must have a fair and equitable justice system that treats people regardless of race or creed equally. Then people have to take advantage of that system on their own. Until that is taught, no one changes and nothing gets better.

atsgopher

Reaction score
Is it?

Again, it wasn't an apology.

He and his cadre will still be plenty nasty towards the new admin, over the next four years.
Of course, it shows class.

He need not apologize for his opinions. Even though you don't like/agree with them.

Of course they will be against the Dems. Why wouldn't they be? Their philosophy is different.

bga1

Reaction score
I don't think this is ever going to stop. It's ironic that many people in congress are BFFs with members of the other party once the cameras are off, but you never really see that advertised. There is too much money is people hating each other. It fuels passions and fills coffers for reelections.
90% of Congress is in it for their own enrichment and careers. They go in idealistically as people who will serve and they stay long enough to learn how to work the system to their advantage. Service is soon forgotten, and they go into permanent campaign mode doing just enough to get by and saying what they think they can sell. Dems and Rs both. They police each other to make sure that the swamp survives.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Of course, it shows class.

He need not apologize for his opinions. Even though you don't like/agree with them.

Of course they will be against the Dems. Why wouldn't they be? Their philosophy is different.
Don't need to apologize, because it's just an opinion?

Some random guy comes up to your wife and calls her a C. Meh, no biggie it was just an opinion, he doesn't need to apologize.

bga1

Reaction score
Is it?

Again, it wasn't an apology.

He and his cadre will still be plenty nasty towards the new admin, over the next four years.
Of course it is not an apology. I have nothing to apologize for. I said I accept the results and I congratulate the winners. I pray that this will be a good time for America. That is in the interests of me and my family and of all Americans. Time will judge. Yes, I will critique the performance of the new administration based on the issues and performance.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I didn't say you needed to apologize.

I'm calling out people here for congratulating you on making the post, as if it were an apology.

salzie

Reaction score
I think it is. I have to accept it. Now we will have to see what we have done. I hope it works out. We need it to.
I had hopes Trumps desire to get deals done would have him work with democrats on infrastructure projects. I even had hopes on health care knowing he'd need the dems to get what he promised on campaign trail. I was left disappointed

My hope is Biden takes high road and moves country forward.

My hope is if Bryer steps down early and Biden nominates a SC, Mitchie doesn't hold up nomination for years or forcing Dems to win senate in 2022

salzie

Reaction score
I do think most people in senate legit dislike Ted Cruz

Al Franken mentioned Mcconnels wife knit his grandkid some socks or other clothing

USAF

Reaction score
I dont know who won yet, but if I was convinced Trump had won, I would not have been this gracious.

You are one up on me.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Obama took the high road on ACA, for over a year.

You need two to tango.

manderson1984

Reaction score
Amen brother. I said the same thing in 2016. At some point us sane folk need to shut up our vocal minority's that make us look like radicals.

atsgopher

Reaction score
Don't need to apologize, because it's just an opinion?

Some random guy comes up to your wife and calls her a C. Meh, no biggie it was just an opinion, he doesn't need to apologize.
You really need to engage intellectually, with the opposite side a lot more. It'll clear up a lot of that Candide from your posts.

have you ever given one of their arguments a benefit of doubt? Could you? And I don't mean Rhetorical arguments, I mean Conservative Political Philosophy.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You really need to engage intellectually, with the opposite side a lot more. It'll clear up a lot of that Candide from your posts.

have you ever given one of their arguments a benefit of doubt? Could you? And I don't mean Rhetorical arguments, I mean Conservative Political Philosophy.
That one should maximize one's own selfishness and not try to use one's own wealth to help other people?

bga1

Reaction score
I had hopes Trumps desire to get deals done would have him work with democrats on infrastructure projects. I even had hopes on health care knowing he'd need the dems to get what he promised on campaign trail. I was left disappointed

My hope is Biden takes high road and moves country forward.

My hope is if Bryer steps down early and Biden nominates a SC, Mitchie doesn't hold up nomination for years or forcing Dems to win senate in 2022
He tried desperately to make deals with the Dems. They wanted no part of it. They decided that the way forward was to get rid of him rather than deal with him. It is just a fact, though a little reported one.

The media wins.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Beeg - I do appreciate the tone of your post.

I think it would be a VERY positive move for this board if everyone made a real effort to dial back the rhetoric by at least 10%.

I think it is possible to discuss these issues without every thread turning into insults and personal attacks. And please, let's try to get rid of the posts that amount to "I'm right because I say I'm right." that accomplishes nothing.

and also - I would point out there is a difference between political philosophy and tactics.

As others have pointed out, opinions are just that - opinions. If I say I like broccoli and you don't, that doesn't mean either one of us is "right" or "wrong." different people can have different points of view.

let's try to get along. Life throws enough crap at us. we don't need to throw it at each other.

stocker08

Reaction score
He tried desperately to make deals with the Dems. They wanted no part of it. They decided that the way forward was to get rid of him rather than deal with him. It is just a fact, though a little reported one.

The media wins.
Yeah....sure. :rolleyes:

salzie

Reaction score

The media wins.
He tried to work on second round of stimulus, but Mitch held it up, he of course blamed democrats.

Trump didn't really reach across the isle, he wanted to own the libs too much, as did his supporters

stocker08

Reaction score
He tried to work on second round of stimulus, but Mitch held it up, he of course blamed democrats.

Trump didn't really reach across the isle, he wanted to own the libs too much, as did his supporters
Mitch was far more concerned with the Supreme Court confirmation down the stretch. As for getting big bipartisan bills passed....Trump just made demands and that was that. If his pet projects weren't included in the discussions....he killed them.

Trump's ego, narcissism, and his disposition got in the way of getting more done. You can lie and say that he tried to work with the democrats....but he really didn't. He shot himself in the foot.

Wally

Reaction score
He won't because it would severely hurt Republicans politically.

salzie

Reaction score
90% of Congress is in it for their own enrichment and careers. They go in idealistically as people who will serve and they stay long enough to learn how to work the system to their advantage. Service is soon forgotten, and they go into permanent campaign mode doing just enough to get by and saying what they think they can sell. Dems and Rs both. They police each other to make sure that the swamp survives.
That's fair, but this strange belief that Trump isn't swampy is what gets me

bga1

Reaction score
That's fair, but this strange belief that Trump isn't swampy is what gets me
Swamp politicians are in it to make money and get along. As President Trump has lost a ton of money and not gotten along. He is breaking the china in DC and that is why he is hated. He was an outsider who knew the players and what they were doing. He's not a politician- he says we he thinks. Politicians say poll tested things. Not Trump.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
No don’t!! Don’t JUMP!!!

Top Bottom