Congratulations to the Dems

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
It appears that Biden will win at this point. At this point, though I disagree with how it is happening, I will be praying for him to lead fairly and honestly. Best wishes to all.
This couldn't have been easy for you to write. But its helpful in healing.

This country needs to heal, regardless of its leader.

Wally

Reaction score
We will see, I am not banking it yet, hope your right. Republicans held the Senate so you don't have to much to worry about really.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Bga is taking it a lot better than a lot of Trump MAGA supporters will. Pretty sure this will make loyal Republicans out of MAGA members.

I’m just relieved we held the Senate. We’re going to keep Biden/Harris in check. Might even get to investigate Biden’s influence peddling scheme a little more in the Senate committees.

Last edited:

scools12

Reaction score
Congrats to the Dems.

Don’t like the thought of Harris anywhere near the Oval Office.

Happy the Republicans hold the Senate and we have a divided government.

Country could use a couple years of calm instead of real or imaginary chaos before we hit the midterms.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
It appears that Biden will win at this point. At this point, though I disagree with how it is happening, I will be praying for him to lead fairly and honestly. Best wishes to all.
Thank you for adulting today.

We're Americans first, and Dems and Rep second.

I was also pleased this morning when I flicked on Fox to see what they were reporting and they had the same count at that point 224-213 as CNN - they weren't declaring Trump the winner regardless of his proclamation.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
AOC 2024. It's crazy, but the Dems won't have any other shot. There are too many far left/Independents now for anything else to work.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Lol. The democrats can kiss my ass. I give Biden 6 months before they 25th amendment him.

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
Trump's polarizing personality got me to actually care about the election. I'm in my (sigh) late 30s now and prior to 2016 I did not care about politics and had never voted. But the extreme reactions from both sides caused me to learn a great deal more about politics and policies than I ever figured would happen.

I still have a great ways to go but I know where I stand on key issues, which I could not say even five years ago.

Thanks Obama, Trump, Hillary, Biden, etc for forcing me to care to learn... and learn to care.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I can't remember BGA not reacting this way to a election result. He is the most consistent poster here by far.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
I don't recall exactly who or where, but I recall some commentator say we will never truly be great until we stop thinking of our neighbors as adversaries. Thanks for making the first move!

bga1

Reaction score
Bga is taking it a lot better than a lot of Trump MAGA supporters will. Pretty sure this will make loyal Republicans out of MAGA members.

I’m just relieved we held the Senate. We’re going to keep Biden/Harris in check. Might even get to investigate Biden’s influence peddling scheme a little more in the Senate committees.
I wish I was certain that we have the Senate...

bga1

Reaction score
I don't recall exactly who or where, but I recall some commentator say we will never truly be great until we stop thinking of our neighbors as adversaries. Thanks for making the first move!
Thank you.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Tillis is up by 100K. No chance he loses that lead. Perdue got over 50%, no run off. Loeffler goes against Warnock, she’ll get women voters Trump had trouble with plus every Republican voter. Collins seems to have won.

Only James seems in trouble.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Excellent thread and posts by you.

Now that the election is over, we should all calm down on the OTB.

We won't know the Senate for 2 months, so I guess we'll all have to wait for those races.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
Look at the national presidential, senate, and house races. They are all extremely close to 50/50. No matter which side of the aisle you occupy, this should tell you that even if you live in an echo chamber and think that you're always right and everybody else should think like you, the fact of the matter is that half the people out there think differently. And that's good.

Wally

Reaction score
Can we think of them as scared children who need an adults guidance? 😏

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Tillis is up by 100K. No chance he loses that lead. Perdue got over 50%, no run off. Loeffler goes against Warnock, she’ll get women voters Trump had trouble with plus every Republican voter. Collins seems to have won.

Only James seems in trouble.
Looks like Repubs will hold the Senate, gain seats in the House, and pick up an additional Gov seat (Montana).

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The OP wasn't an apology, for the nastiness that the hard RWers have employed over the past four years.

It was just like when the general on the other side of the war sends over a note saying "you beat us in this battle, good job".

Ok. Thanks?

S__t tons more work to be done, to fix this country and defeat evil.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The OP wasn't an apology, for the nastiness that the hard RWers have employed over the past four years.

It was just like when the general on the other side of the war sends over a note saying "you beat us in this battle, good job".

Ok. Thanks?

S__t tons more work to be done, to fix this country and defeat evil.
Please tell you read that last sentence in Ted Knight's voice

Top Bottom