Climate Change = Religion of the Left

cncmin

Reaction score
The church had the physical power to enforce such a will, in those days.

We must Not allow the anti-intellectuals to have and exert such physical power over the world.
How?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
So long as no ragtag militia is able to overwhelm the national guard or army if it came to that, and those armed forces commanders are willing to stay loyal to sanity, I think we will be OK.

The militias can’t get access to the same level of equipment/firepower and manpower, even if they have military training. If we have to hunt them down to root them out, then that is what it might have to be.

Hopefully none of that comes to pass. Avoiding violence should always be the primary goal.

cncmin

Reaction score
So long as no ragtag militia is able to overwhelm the national guard or army if it came to that, and those armed forces commanders are willing to stay loyal to sanity, I think we will be OK.

The militias can’t get access to the same level of equipment/firepower and manpower, even if they have military training. If we have to hunt them down to root them out, then that is what it might have to be.

Hopefully none of that comes to pass. Avoiding violence should always be the primary goal.
But the armed forces are forced to stay loyal to the Commander in Chief, and if the CiC is extremely corrupt, and protected by extreme corruption, then how is the military to react? By law, they must stick with the CiC regardless, not?

Section2

Reaction score
You have identified the war against truth, facts, and intellectualism. The Dark Ages in Europe were the result of such a previous movement.
The Soviet Union was the result of such a previous movement.

I think you need a history refresher on what constituted the dark ages.

Section2

Reaction score
The church had the physical power to enforce such a will, in those days.

We must Not allow the anti-intellectuals to have and exert such physical power over the world.
We must grant the State the right to exert physical power over the world! Workers of the world unite!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It already does, of course. As should be.

It's a matter of never allowing anti-intellectuals to run the state, in an autocratic manner.

howeda7

Reaction score
You have identified the war against truth, facts, and intellectualism. The Dark Ages in Europe were the result of such a previous movement.
The GOP should change the name of the party back to the "Know Nothing" party and let the "Never Trumpers" have the GOP label.

cncmin

Reaction score
The Soviet Union was the result of such a previous movement.

I think you need a history refresher on what constituted the dark ages.
I have been corrected...my use of the term Dark Ages was not directly appropriate. I meant medieval, and even that isn't directly appropriate. Still, it was a time of slow intellectual progress.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
You said "we've done more than anyone." Show the basis for that statement, and show the evidence that supports it, because I'm calling shenanigans, and I have evidence to back up that call. Thank you.

I will make a quick little sidenote that, for example, most of France's electricity is produced by nuclear power. So be very wary about how you present your evidence.
Howie approved source
"Global CO2 emissions continue to rise, reaching 33.4 Billion tons last year. Yet, many will be startled to learn that America easily leads the world in reducing CO2 output. Our reduction of 794 million tons over the past decade is a 1.4% annual rate of decrease. "

Section2

Reaction score
I have been corrected...my use of the term Dark Ages was not directly appropriate. I meant medieval, and even that isn't directly appropriate. Still, it was a time of slow intellectual progress.
Correct. And you know what was the period of the most rapid intellectual progress? It wasn't the Soviet Union, it was the enlightenment. And the country which was founded on the principles of the enlightenment is the one you reside in. maybe you should spend 5 minutes considering what those principles are.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
But the armed forces are forced to stay loyal to the Commander in Chief, and if the CiC is extremely corrupt, and protected by extreme corruption, then how is the military to react? By law, they must stick with the CiC regardless, not?
I’m not sure if you are trolling here, but if you are, I’d ask you to stop. It’s either an area you know nothing about, or an area where you know the answer and prefer to make service members look bad. Neither is a good look.

Section2

Reaction score
I’m not sure if you are trolling here, but if you are, I’d ask you to stop. It’s either an area you know nothing about, or an area where you know the answer and prefer to make service members look bad. Neither is a good look.
He's not trolling.

cncmin

Reaction score
Correct. And you know what was the period of the most rapid intellectual progress? It wasn't the Soviet Union, it was the enlightenment. And the country which was founded on the principles of the enlightenment is the one you reside in. maybe you should spend 5 minutes considering what those principles are.
You have completely convoluted my entire point into a disingenuous strawman that you are attacking, and you know it. Those tactics work for the POTUS when he wants to fool people like you. Others are far less easily fooled. You're pathetic.

cncmin

Reaction score
Howie approved source
"Global CO2 emissions continue to rise, reaching 33.4 Billion tons last year. Yet, many will be startled to learn that America easily leads the world in reducing CO2 output. Our reduction of 794 million tons over the past decade is a 1.4% annual rate of decrease. "
It is true, between 2005 and 2017, the U.S. per capita CO2 emissions decreased. Notably, per capita, they have still increased since 1990. As a country, we still emit on the order of 10-15% of the entire world's CO2 emissions. On a per capita basis, we are somewhere on the order of #5-#10 (some of the Middle Eastern countries are worst on a per capita basis, a person in China emits about half that of an American). There is a long ways to go. The biggest problem right now is China, whose emissions are becoming overwhelming as a whole. Then again, they manufacture so much of our stuff, and we buy it. We must be responsible by example if we wish to solve the problem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions#Per_capita_CO2_emissions

All of this talk focuses on CO2. CO2 is one of many greenhouse gases. Methane is the one I'm personally very concerned about at the moment, particularly with the natural gas fracking industry taking off, and where improved regulation on capping of the wells sorely needed.

Section2

Reaction score
It is true, between 2005 and 2017, the U.S. per capita CO2 emissions decreased. Notably, per capita, they have still increased since 1990. As a country, we still emit on the order of 10-15% of the entire world's CO2 emissions. On a per capita basis, we are somewhere on the order of #5-#10 (some of the Middle Eastern countries are worst on a per capita basis, a person in China emits about half that of an American). There is a long ways to go. The biggest problem right now is China, whose emissions are becoming overwhelming as a whole. Then again, they manufacture so much of our stuff, and we buy it. We must be responsible by example if we wish to solve the problem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions#Per_capita_CO2_emissions

All of this talk focuses on CO2. CO2 is one of many greenhouse gases. Methane is the one I'm personally very concerned about at the moment, particularly with the natural gas fracking industry taking off, and where improved regulation on capping of the wells sorely needed.
You could just say “you were right”.

Section2

Reaction score
You have completely convoluted my entire point into a disingenuous strawman that you are attacking, and you know it. Those tactics work for the POTUS when he wants to fool people like you. Others are far less easily fooled. You're pathetic.
Well, by all means, feel free to state whatever point you want. My point stands. The enlightenment is the goal. And the policies you prefer run counter to the enlightenment. Bringing up Trump is a non sequitur and has nothing to do with anything I wrote. A real straw man.

cncmin

Reaction score
You could just say “you were right”.
You were partially correct, and since you are clueless on the topic of AGW, I did you a favor and provided you more sorely needed information.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
Well, by all means, feel free to state whatever point you want. My point stands. The enlightenment is the goal. And the policies you prefer run counter to the enlightenment. Bringing up Trump is a non sequitur and has nothing to do with anything I wrote. A real straw man.
The world might end if you ever made an argument without lying or falsities. More lies don’t correct your previous lies. Still so very pathetic.

Section2

Reaction score
The world might end if you ever made an argument without lying or falsities. More lies don’t correct your previous lies. Still so very pathetic.
Nobody writes more without saying anything than our cnc.
“You didn’t get my point”!!!
Ok state it.
“Angry words!!”

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I think we're over that first crest on the roller coaster now.

cncmin

Reaction score
Nobody writes more without saying anything than our cnc.
“You didn’t get my point”!!!
Ok state it.
“Angry words!!”
You wear me out with your pretzeling and absurdities. You “win” arguments on here only by outlasting your opponents, certainly never by content. I guess if you can’t “win” in legitimate ways, do what you do. Congrats!

Section2

Reaction score
You wear me out with your pretzeling and absurdities. You “win” arguments on here only by outlasting your opponents, certainly never by content. I guess if you can’t “win” in legitimate ways, do what you do. Congrats!
If you had a counter argument, you’d make it. You write paragraphs without making a single argument. I’m not outlasting you, I’m fighting air.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If you had a counter argument, you’d make it. You write paragraphs without making a single argument. I’m not outlasting you, I’m fighting air.
It’s hard to hit what is non-existent. That’s cncmin’s strategy for imagining that he’s winning.

cncmin

Reaction score
Pffft. No one needs to counter you, You defeat yourself.

Top Bottom