Climate Change = Religion of the Left

bga1

Mazie Hirono says it out loud. Climate change is not science. It is to be believed like a religion.

"...These are times that call for us to do those things that we believe in, and to march, and not just to march, cause that's important to show solidarity, but then to do those things such as voter registration, get people out to vote, so that we can have people here who are truly committed to human rights, environmental rights -- climate change...believe in climate change as though it's a religion, it's not a science-- and all the things that need to be done, and there is a lot," Sen. Hirono told the crowd.

MplsGopher

Googled Mazie Hirono.

First thing that popped up was that Daily Caller grotesquely mis-quoted her.

Thread dismissed.

howeda7

Mazie Hirono says it out loud. Climate change is not science. It is to be believed like a religion.

"...These are times that call for us to do those things that we believe in, and to march, and not just to march, cause that's important to show solidarity, but then to do those things such as voter registration, get people out to vote, so that we can have people here who are truly committed to human rights, environmental rights -- climate change...believe in climate change as though it's a religion, it's not a science-- and all the things that need to be done, and there is a lot," Sen. Hirono told the crowd.
I thought it was "Secular Humanism?"

JimmyJamesMD

I gave up on this narrative as soon I saw proposals to make it illegal to question man made climate change. "i'm out" is what I told myself

MplsGopher

I gave up on this narrative as soon I saw proposals to make it illegal to question man made climate change. "i'm out" is what I told myself
Have you ever actually seen an “atom”, personally?

It could just be a lie. Why do you trust these scientists that these so called atoms actually exist?

You have the right to question the existence of atoms, or MMCC. Science does not support the legitimacy of your doubt, but you can still choose to have it anyway. In fact, you can just convince yourself that science is a lie.

Section2

Have you ever actually seen an “atom”, personally?

It could just be a lie. Why do you trust these scientists that these so called atoms actually exist?

You have the right to question the existence of atoms, or MMCC. Science does not support the legitimacy of your doubt, but you can still choose to have it anyway. In fact, you can just convince yourself that science is a lie.
hey dumass. He literally said, the problem he had was when free thought was illegal. Maybe read a post next time before responding.

MplsGopher

That's like saying a house fire is the religion of its homeowner.
Right.

At the end of the day, she’s simply talking about motivating people, a call to action. Religious fanatics have that, as they see their cherished beliefs dying. That’s a tremendous motivator. We — reasonable people, who trust science — have to match that fervor and motivation. That’s what she’s saying.

Section2

Right.

At the end of the day, she’s simply talking about motivating people, a call to action. Religious fanatics have that, as they see their cherished beliefs dying. That’s a tremendous motivator. We — reasonable people, who trust science — have to match that fervor and motivation. That’s what she’s saying.
Reasonable people, who just want to delete all cows, end air travel, rebuild all structures in the US, and reduce carbon emissions to zero. Reasonable, sciencey people.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Right.

This is the only nation on earth where this scientific matter is a political (or, I guess, religious) issue. Everywhere else it's treated for what it really is: a problem to overcome.

howeda7

This is the only nation on earth where this scientific matter is a political (or, I guess, religious) issue. Everywhere else it's treated for what it really is: a problem to overcome.
So? What if we're right and everyone else is wrong, just like on guns and healthcare? 'Murica!

Tredwell

Veneto regional council, which is located on Venice's Grand Canal, was flooded for the first time in its history on Tuesday night -- just after it rejected measures to combat climate change.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Section2

The US HAS treated it as a problem to overcome. We've invested a TON of money to combat climate change. We've invested tons of money on wind farms, nuclear, solar, increased fuel efficiency, increased recycling initiatives, mass transit.

Are you unaware of this? If so, that's because there's a narrative that a political (not scientific or religious) wants you to FEEL. So you feel like we're doing NOTHING. When we've done more than anyone.

What we haven't done is allowed the hard core marxists to control our lives. Sorry, ain't gonna happen.

Section2

So? What if we're right and everyone else is wrong, just like on guns and healthcare? 'Murica!
yes, Howie wants government control of the means of production, a ban on guns, and Medicare for all. But he's totally a Ron Paul voter, and is really super skeptical of Liz Warren you guys.

cncmin

The US HAS treated it as a problem to overcome. We've invested a TON of money to combat climate change. We've invested tons of money on wind farms, nuclear, solar, increased fuel efficiency, increased recycling initiatives, mass transit.

Are you unaware of this? If so, that's because there's a narrative that a political (not scientific or religious) wants you to FEEL. So you feel like we're doing NOTHING. When we've done more than anyone.

What we haven't done is allowed the hard core marxists to control our lives. Sorry, ain't gonna happen.
You said "we've done more than anyone." Show the basis for that statement, and show the evidence that supports it, because I'm calling shenanigans, and I have evidence to back up that call. Thank you.

I will make a quick little sidenote that, for example, most of France's electricity is produced by nuclear power. So be very wary about how you present your evidence.

Last edited:

Dean S

And, why is this significant? Why would I care what a Senator from Hawaii have to say about climate change when Hawaii is a very temperate place.

OldBob53

"There's no such thing as global warming, no such thing as global warming, no sucha thing"......repeat mantra as the water rises at your feet. The climatologists are all liberals or communists and not to be trusted. Look to Rush Limbaugh for the truth of the matter.

cncmin

"There's no such thing as global warming, no such thing as global warming, no sucha thing"......repeat mantra as the water rises at your feet. The climatologists are all liberals or communists and not to be trusted. Look to Rush Limbaugh for the truth of the matter.
You have identified the war against truth, facts, and intellectualism. The Dark Ages in Europe were the result of such a previous movement.

MplsGopher

The church had the physical power to enforce such a will, in those days.

We must Not allow the anti-intellectuals to have and exert such physical power over the world.

Top Bottom