Civility

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
They gladly appeared at the conference where it was happily played for the attendees. There's no spinning that and it's pathetic to try.
President Trump was there? You know that DTjr and Huckabee-Sanders saw it?

Assuming that they saw it, what would you expect them to do? Renounce the group?

Did they tell anyone that it is unacceptable? You don’t know, so stop acting like you do.

howeda7

Reaction score
President Trump was there? You know that DTjr and Huckabee-Sanders saw it?

Assuming that they saw it, what would you expect them to do? Renounce the group?

Did they tell anyone that it is unacceptable? You don’t know, so stop acting like you do.
They happily associate themselves with people who made this video. Lay with dogs get fleas. Trump has tweeted other such videos of him body slamming/assaulting CNN. When the Congressman from Montana actually body slammed a reporter, Trump called him "his kind of guy." You will defend blindly no mater what.

Section2

Reaction score
They happily associate themselves with people who made this video. Lay with dogs get fleas. Trump has tweeted other such videos of him body slamming/assaulting CNN. When the Congressman from Montana actually body slammed a reporter, Trump called him "his kind of guy." You will defend blindly no mater what.
I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
And you hate blindly no matter what. What's the difference?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Exactly what have I defended?

Trump hasn’t seen it. DTjr and Huckabee-Sanders didn’t see it. It was shown in a side room and the PAC said it was unaware of it until the NYTs reported it to them. It was created by a website that creates memes that some consider funny and are probably in poor taste.

So it has been condemned by the WH and virtually no one of importance viewed it at the event. But you seem to know all about it and have laid blame on everyone up to Trump.

CNN had a meltdown this afternoon about it. Brooke Baldwin says it was “extremely violent and disturbing”. Oddly, it wasn’t a problem when the scene from the movie The Kingsmen was played to many in theaters, yet Baldwin goes into detail about the scene as if Trump created it himself. As the scene occurred in a church, naturally CNN would bring on a guest who lost a family member in the Charleston church shooting...b/c we know it’s related. SMH

Baldwin called on Trump to condemn something he hadn’t seen, even though the WH has already made a statement condemning it. CNN, like you, does a helluva job attaching this to people who had nothing to do with it anymore than a Democrat presidential candidate or CNN had to do with that dude spitting on the MAGA hat wearer in Minneapolis last week. And I didn’t see CNN or Dems condemning that.

And come on, 12 year olds are watching and playing the same crap daily on Fortnite and nobody says sh!t about it, but some obscure meme maker makes a video of Trump attacking his political enemies and OUTRAGE!!!!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I read this article after I posted the above post.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/wals...me-scene-when-it-was-churchgoers-being-killed

As The Daily Wire reported this morning, outrage has erupted over a meme played at a pro-Trump conference in Miami over the weekend. The parody video shows Trump shooting a bunch of media logos and media members. Few people at the conference saw the clip, as it apparently played in an empty side room somewhere in the Trump resort where the event was held. Trump himself obviously had nothing to do with the video and the event organizers claim (credibly, I think) that they didn’t know about it and didn’t approve it.

The Daily Wire notes that the controversial meme has been on the internet for a year without much notice. Only now, because of the media, do we all get a chance to see the thing that the media says might inspire violence against the media. If they were really concerned about the mystical powers of memes to inspire mass shootings, you’d think they would have just ignored this one and let it remain in obscurity.

But this controversy is interesting for a different reason. The meme makes use of a scene from the film “Kingsman: The Secret Service,” released back in 2015. In the original scene, Colin Firth’s character murders an entire church full of people in the Deep South. He shoots a woman in the face at point blank range, guns down dozens of other churchgoers, cuts someone’s head off, lights another guy on fire, and impales someone with a stake. But this is supposed to be alright, I guess, because everyone has been driven insane by a toxic gas. Plus, the church is a Westboro Baptist-stlye collection of crazy racists and homophobes.

Still, if a jokey meme showing Trump shooting news logos is “problematic” and even “dangerous,” then isn’t the original jokey scene showing a guy murdering churchgoers also problematic and dangerous? Yet, unsurprisingly, the media had little to say about the fictional bloodbath when it was first filmed. In fact, what little they did say was outright celebratory. The Washington Post, which labeled the Trump meme “vile and horrific,” used very different words to describe the scene on which it’s based. In a 2015 review of the film, Washington Post writer Michael O’Sullivan was positively rapturous, calling the cartoonish carnage “balletic” and a “masterclass.” A more recent article in The Ringer says the church massacre is the most “well regarded” moment in the film.The site concurs that the scene is indeed a “masterclass.” We should also note that the movie received generally positive reviews at the time of its release, earning a very respectable 74 percent on Rotten Tomatoes.

Personally, I don’t care much about the original scene or the meme. Both are probably in poor taste, but they’re too over the top and absurdly gratuitous to have any sort of profound impact on the viewer. I doubt that anyone will be inspired to shoot up a church because of “Kingsman,” just as I doubt that anyone will be inspired to kill media members because of this meme or any meme. But if you take the position that the meme is awful, vile, evil, and dangerous, then you must say the same about the scene that made the meme possible. If you claim that the meme encourages violence against the media, then you must claim that the original scene encourages violence against Christians. There is just no way to separate the two.

The situation for the original scene is not improved much by the fact that the victims are all Westboro racists. First of all, that’s how Hollywood sees all Christians. For Hollywood, there really is no difference between a Westboro church and any other church. Especially in the south. Second, making them bigots was obviously a cheap narrative trick designed to give the viewer permission to take delight in their mass execution. In reality, we would hopefully all agree that it is not okay to randomly mow down racists at church. Or maybe we can’t agree about that. Either way, there is no reason to panic over the meme if you didn’t panic when the movie came out four years ago.

stocker08

Reaction score
A big difference between the guy who spat in your face (nice of you to actually visit here) and a video of the president assassinating members of the media and his political rivals. Your usual false equivalency, murderer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just shows how twisted the right has become these last couple of years. They've gone fully bonkers under Trump.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I see the campaign got their negro in the frame again tonight. That costs them a lot of $$$ you know.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I see the campaign got their negro in the frame again tonight. That costs them a lot of $$$ you know.
I don't blame her. Trump campaign probably gave her $500 cash to stand there, wear the shirt, and clap during his pauses. Easy money, good for her

Norseland Store

Reaction score
Imagine worshiping this man and decrying a lack of civility in others.
Dan 'bout to be excommunicated

Dingell Berry fired the first shot across the bow with his post on Twitter “ Take two leaps to hell Mr Trump”. I guess there’s just a lot of people who think they can say or do whatever they want with no repercussions.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Imagine worshiping this man and decrying a lack of civility in others.
I don’t think the people who are “worshiping” Trump are the same ones “decrying a lack of civility”. Your problem is that you think anyone who advocates for most of Trump’s actions are worshiping him. You’re just plain wrong.

Trump stepped in it trying to be funny and this one crossed the line as he has done on occasion. It was not only incredibly poor morally, it was stupid politically.

Trump needs to stop talking about recently passed politicians. He should apologize and admit his poor judgment for making the remark (even if the Dems will jump on it even more as a result). He likely won’t b/c he knows Dems will exploit it further. Still should anyway.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I don’t think the people who are “worshiping” Trump are the same ones “decrying a lack of civility”. Your problem is that you think anyone who advocates for most of Trump’s actions are worshiping him. You’re just plain wrong.

Trump stepped in it trying to be funny and this one crossed the line as he has done on occasion. It was not only incredibly poor morally, it was stupid politically.

Trump needs to stop talking about recently passed politicians. He should apologize and admit his poor judgment for making the remark (even if the Dems will jump on it even more as a result). He likely won’t b/c he knows Dems will exploit it further. Still should anyway.
Aside from the first paragraph and the last two sentences, this is a pretty fair post. Those sucked though. The irony of the final two sentences paired with the first paragraph is thick.

Section2

Reaction score

I don’t know anyone who worships him. There are people on this board that think he’s the best president in decades? Forever?
Most people think trump is broadly wrong in how he communicates. And think Dems who resist him are wrong in how they treat him. No winners to me. No one has a leg to stand on. I wish someone would take the high road but doesn’t seem likely.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Speaking ill of the recently deceased - the moral equivalent of metaphorically shooting someone (unarmed of course) on 5th ave.
In either case, he’s at his best when assured his target can’t fire back. Don the Con, an inherent coward.

OldBob53

Reaction score
Now now, he's very manly man, a strong man, despite his tiny hands and humongous butt.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
FYI - howie and cnnman, the RW echo chamber of Fox News is covering Trump’s Dingell comment ad nauseum. Debbie Dingell has been on FNC several times today, and Republicans have been questioned about it repeatedly.

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
He's married, so he doesn't have to pay anyone for sex. Is that a problem you experience?
No, it isn’t. However, most queers bang everything regardless of their marital status. Why do you think that gay disease, AIDS was an epidemic?

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
Speaking ill of the recently deceased - the moral equivalent of metaphorically shooting someone (unarmed of course) on 5th ave.
In either case, he’s at his best when assured his target can’t fire back. Don the Con, an inherent coward.
Well then, maybe he was metaphorically, “standing his ground”. Hence the metaphorical shooting was justified.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Apparently kellyleeks is an expert in having sex with men.

Top Bottom