Civility

justthefacts

Reaction score
Maybe if Democrats would address their threats in a joking fashion instead of dead seriousness, it would work out better?

Trump keeps manipulating Lefties and the MSM, they keep getting madder and madder, and then make the mistake of coming off as one track minded, obsessed Trump haters.
So in the last 24 hours someone sent Obama, Clinton, and CNN suspicious packages. But I'm sure it was in a joking fashion.

Face it: there are violent lunatics in both parties. Pretending that incivility is a uniquely liberal problem is ludicrous.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
So in the last 24 hours someone sent Obama, Clinton, and CNN suspicious packages. But I'm sure it was in a joking fashion.

Face it: there are violent lunatics in both parties. Pretending that incivility is a uniquely liberal problem is ludicrous.
As Bill Maher said the other day, the only liberals with pitchforks are composting. It's laughable for anyone to claim that the so-called incivility problem is on the Left.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

Yeah, I said that 20 minutes ago on the thread about the packages.

This has nothing to do with joking.

Try to keep up.

Section2

Reaction score
As Bill Maher said the other day, the only liberals with pitchforks are composting. It's laughable for anyone to claim that the so-called incivility problem is on the Left.
Is Antifa not considered the left?

Section2

Reaction score
Surely you're smart enough to understand the distinction between incivility and countermeasures against domestic terrorism.
They are a violent mob. They have pitchforks. They are on the left. Are you arguing that they are a RESPONSE to domestic terrorism?

tikited

Me
Reaction score
They are a violent mob. They have pitchforks. They are on the left. Are you arguing that they are a RESPONSE to domestic terrorism?
I do enjoy a good youtube video of Antifa members getting knocked out. Is that bad?

howeda7

Reaction score

One thing we know: Trump ginning up his rally crowds to scream about jailing his opponents and calling the Press the enemy of the people had nothing to do with this. Period.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Must have missed your outrage over the D Senators promoting lack of civility.

Section2

Reaction score
One thing we know: Trump ginning up his rally crowds to scream about jailing his opponents and calling the Press the enemy of the people had nothing to do with this. Period.
Agreed.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I think it can be attributed to Dem legislators calling for a lack of civility.

Conservatives have warned about triggering people that are emotionally unstable and some Dem’s rhetoric can set off both sides.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

Not unique to libs. Perhaps you and kahlid could start a thread outing your friends on the left?

howeda7

Reaction score
I think it can be attributed to Dem legislators calling for a lack of civility.

Conservatives have warned about triggering people that are emotionally unstable and some Dem’s rhetoric can set off both sides.
If a RWNJ did this, it's clearly because Dem legislators drove him/her to it with their lack of civility. 0% of the blame could be assigned to Trump calling the Press enemies of the people or wanting Clinton jailed.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If a RWNJ did this, it's clearly because Dem legislators drove him/her to it with their lack of civility. 0% of the blame could be assigned to Trump calling the Press enemies of the people or wanting Clinton jailed.
To quote S2, “agreed”.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question.
Yes.

I didn’t want to be accused of making a big deal out of it, so I didn’t start an new thread as was later done by someone else. Deservedly so.

But, most of those here that complain about Trump’s insensitive speech have done a good job of down playing it or ignoring it altogether.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I pay little to no attention to what Hillary Clinton does or says. That said, this was idiotic. I would say the same thing if Don said it.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I pay little to no attention to what Hillary Clinton does or says. That said, this was idiotic. I would say the same thing if Don said it.
Yeah, it would be equally awkward regardless of who said it. You are fair in calling that out.

The reaction wouldn’t be equal, which was the point.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Yeah, it would be equally awkward regardless of who said it. You are fair in calling that out.

The reaction wouldn’t be equal, which was the point.
Hillary Clinton is a washed up politician with no future. Don Trump is the current President of the United States. Yeah, I would hope the (general) reaction would be different.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Hillary Clinton is a washed up politician with no future. Don Trump is the current President of the United States. Yeah, I would hope the (general) reaction would be different.
Trump is just an example. I said in post #287 the “reaction if a Republican had said...”.

Washed up? Not according to her and the cheering audiences. She still wants to be President.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Left must be so proud of Avenatti and his client:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...is-target-is-fox-news-tucker-carlson-n2535721

Per Tucker Carlson:

On October 13, I had dinner with two of my children and some family friends at the Farmington Country Club in Charlottesville, Virginia. Toward the end of the meal, my 19-year-old daughter went to the bathroom with a friend. On their way back through the bar, a middle aged man stopped my daughter and asked if she was sitting with Tucker Carlson. My daughter had never seen the man before. She answered: ‘That’s my dad,’ and pointed to me. The man responded, ‘Are you Tucker’s wh*re?’ He then called her a ‘f**king c*nt.’
My daughter returned to the table in tears. She soon left the table and the club. My son, who is also a student, went into the bar to confront the man. I followed. My son asked the man if he’d called his sister a ‘whore’ and a ‘c*nt.’ The man admitted he had, and again become profane. My son threw a glass of red wine in the man’s face and told him to leave the bar, which he soon did.
Immediately after the incident, I described these events to the management of the Farmington Country Club. The club spent more than three weeks investigating the incident. Last week, they revoked the man’s membership and threw him out of the club.
I love my children. It took enormous self-control not to beat the man with a chair, which is what I wanted to do. I think any father can understand the overwhelming rage and shock that I felt seeing my teenage daughter attacked by a stranger. But I restrained myself. I did not assault this man, and neither did my son. That is a lie. Nor did I know the man was gay or Latino, not that it would have mattered. What happened on October 13 has nothing to do with identity politics. It was a grotesque violation of decency. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.

cncmin

Reaction score
The Left must be so proud of Avenatti and his client:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...is-target-is-fox-news-tucker-carlson-n2535721

Per Tucker Carlson:

On October 13, I had dinner with two of my children and some family friends at the Farmington Country Club in Charlottesville, Virginia. Toward the end of the meal, my 19-year-old daughter went to the bathroom with a friend. On their way back through the bar, a middle aged man stopped my daughter and asked if she was sitting with Tucker Carlson. My daughter had never seen the man before. She answered: ‘That’s my dad,’ and pointed to me. The man responded, ‘Are you Tucker’s wh*re?’ He then called her a ‘f**king c*nt.’
My daughter returned to the table in tears. She soon left the table and the club. My son, who is also a student, went into the bar to confront the man. I followed. My son asked the man if he’d called his sister a ‘whore’ and a ‘c*nt.’ The man admitted he had, and again become profane. My son threw a glass of red wine in the man’s face and told him to leave the bar, which he soon did.
Immediately after the incident, I described these events to the management of the Farmington Country Club. The club spent more than three weeks investigating the incident. Last week, they revoked the man’s membership and threw him out of the club.
I love my children. It took enormous self-control not to beat the man with a chair, which is what I wanted to do. I think any father can understand the overwhelming rage and shock that I felt seeing my teenage daughter attacked by a stranger. But I restrained myself. I did not assault this man, and neither did my son. That is a lie. Nor did I know the man was gay or Latino, not that it would have mattered. What happened on October 13 has nothing to do with identity politics. It was a grotesque violation of decency. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life.
Propagandists who tear apart our country have rights too!

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Someone made a dumb mistake, but it wasn’t Trump, Trump Jr, or Huckabee-Sanders.

The left, and you, want to make it appear as though the above endorsed it.

I would expect that they endorsed it as much as you endorsed the dude spitting on the old white MAGA hat wearer in Minneapolis last week.

Btw, I didn’t notice, did you condemn the spitter last week? Since you’re so concerned about civility.

jamiche

Reaction score
Someone made a dumb mistake, but it wasn’t Trump, Trump Jr, or Huckabee-Sanders.

I would expect that they endorsed it as much as you endorsed the dude spitting on the old white MAGA hat wearer in Minneapolis last week.

Btw, I didn’t notice, did you condemn the spitter last week? Since you’re so concerned about civility.
A big difference between the guy who spat in your face (nice of you to actually visit here) and a video of the president assassinating members of the media and his political rivals. Your usual false equivalency, murderer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

howeda7

Reaction score

They gladly appeared at the conference where it was happily played for the attendees. There's no spinning that and it's pathetic to try.

Top Bottom