Christine Blasey Ford

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
That's how it's supposed to work. We don't know if Kav paid his credit card debt off.
So you're conspiracy theory is some nefarious right-wing group actually paid off his credit card, undoubtedly in exchange for some sort of favor? We're supposed to believe the DNC, FBI & MSM didn't vet Kavanugh thoroughly enough? That's the story you're going with now?

jamiche

Reaction score
So you're conspiracy theory is some nefarious right-wing group actually paid off his credit card, undoubtedly in exchange for some sort of favor? We're supposed to believe the DNC, FBI & MSM didn't vet Kavanugh thoroughly enough? That's the story you're going with now?
Nice attempt at a straw man, craig. My questions are the same as they have always been. Kav had a messy financial life for an extended period of time that got cleaned quickly once it was clear he might be a SCOTUS candidate. In terms of vetting, you only have to find answers to the questions you are told to ask and it's clear in retrospect that the WH wanted a quick, streamlined confirmation process.

This article covers boof's finances pretty well. Read it if you want.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kavanaug...it-card-debt-leaving-questions-234449883.html

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Nice attempt at a straw man, craig. My questions are the same as they have always been. Kav had a messy financial life for an extended period of time that got cleaned quickly once it was clear he might be a SCOTUS candidate. In terms of vetting, you only have to find answers to the questions you are told to ask and it's clear in retrospect that the WH wanted a quick, streamlined confirmation process.

This article covers boof's finances pretty well. Read it if you want.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kavanaug...it-card-debt-leaving-questions-234449883.html
You think the DNC, FBI & MSM all failed to check out his finances?

jamiche

Reaction score
You think the DNC, FBI & MSM all failed to check out his finances?
The Democratic National Committee can’t subpoena his financial records, craig. The “mainstream media” can’t subpoena his financial records, craig. The parameters of the FBI and the Judiciary Committee’s investigators’ vetting were set by the WH and the JC Republicans, craig.

You have no response to the questions raised by the article. How does at least twelve years of credit card debt get cleaned up at once, just as he’s about to go on a short list?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The Democratic National Committee can’t subpoena his financial records, craig. The “mainstream media” can’t subpoena his financial records, craig. The parameters of the FBI and the Judiciary Committee’s investigators’ vetting were set by the WH and the JC Republicans, craig.

You have no response to the questions raised by the article. How does at least twelve years of credit card debt get cleaned up at once, just as he’s about to go on a short list?

So again, your assertion is that Kavanaugh wasn't vetted thoroughly enough. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
So again, your assertion is that Kavanugh was vetted thoroughly enough. :rolleyes:
He keeps making things up to make it sound nefarious. When your record is this squeeky clean, you'll need to carefully examine yearbook posts and credit card statements to make them unqualified. it's funny really.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Can't a guy just get his airline miles without an investigation by Congress or the FBI? Jesus H. Christ.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

I don't know about Kav but when I bought half of my current business and went almost a year and a half without a paycheck, exhausted every retirement dollar I had and then racked up every credit card, maybe $65-$70K, I paid mine off pretty quick once I started getting paid. It can damn sure be done.

jamiche

Reaction score
So again, your assertion is that Kavanugh was vetted thoroughly enough. :rolleyes:
If the definition in the dictionary of "vetted thoroughly" is not wanting to find things out it appears that the trump WH directed the FBI and the repubs on the JC directed their investigators to follow that definition.

jamiche

Reaction score
I don't know about Kav but when I bought half of my current business and went almost a year and a half without a paycheck, exhausted every retirement dollar I had and then racked up every credit card, maybe $65-$70K, I paid mine off pretty quick once I started getting paid. It can damn sure be done.
You don't know about Kav. Your story about starting a business and taking those risks isn't analogous to a career jurist who had a stable income with little variability who had taken on increasing debt with little apparent means to pay it off except for a one time pop in 2014, which he didn't use to pay it off.

howeda7

Reaction score

12 years of baseball tickets eh? The Nationals have barely been around that long. What a dedicated fan!

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
You don't know about Kav. Your story about starting a business and taking those risks isn't analogous to a career jurist who had a stable income with little variability who had taken on increasing debt with little apparent means to pay it off except for a one time pop in 2014, which he didn't use to pay it off.
You also believe Sotomayor's credit card debt was reckless and suspicious I assume. You know who didn't? Conservatives who opposed her, who focused on her legal credentials and her work as a judge, and was confirmed on a bipartisan basis.

I also don't recall your complaints that she was a credit risk since she took out credit card debt. Unless..

Last edited:

jamiche

Reaction score
You also believe Sotomayor's credit card debt was reckless and suspicious I assume. You know who didn't? Conservatives who opposed her, who focused on her legal credentials and her work as a judge, and was confirmed on a bipartisan basis.

I also don't recall your complaints that she was a credit risk since she took out credit card debt. Unless..
Didn’t know about her debt. Also, you indicated she paid it off. There are two issues with boof: 1) He carried a large amount of cc debt for at least twelve years. (I know, I know, Austrian economists say it’s the best form of debt.) He even had a chance to pay it off in 2014 when he got some cash and didn’t. 2) Suddenly around the time he was on the SCOTUS path it got paid off and nobody knows how.
If he was just getting paid $400/hour by barnburner to post on an obscure message board, nobody would care. He’s on the scotus, so people want the answer.

jamiche

Reaction score
Nope. Nothing wrong with Kavanaugh. He couldn't be more qualified. Deal with it.
He’s well qualified to protect trump, protect gun owners and strip protections from women,craig. Those are the things you care about. That’s different from being qualified to sit on the Supreme Court.

Section2

Reaction score
Didn’t know about her debt. Also, you indicated she paid it off. There are two issues with boof: 1) He carried a large amount of cc debt for at least twelve years. (I know, I know, Austrian economists say it’s the best form of debt.) He even had a chance to pay it off in 2014 when he got some cash and didn’t. 2) Suddenly around the time he was on the SCOTUS path it got paid off and nobody knows how.
If he was just getting paid $400/hour by barnburner to post on an obscure message board, nobody would care. He’s on the scotus, so people want the answer.

1) Why didn't you know? You're all over vetting SCOTUS candidadtes??!
2) Boof paid his off too.
3) I'm opposed to all debt. I've just stated the mathematical fact that a short term credit card loan could cost less than other kinds of short term loans. Science.
4) You know almost nothing about Kav and his debt. You act like you're looking at a spreadsheet of his finances.

Section2

Reaction score
He’s well qualified to protect trump, protect gun owners and strip protections from women,craig. Those are the things you care about. That’s different from being qualified to sit on the Supreme Court.
The real threat is that he will protect the constitution. You are opposed to the constitution, so this is a problem. You want lefties who will undo the constitution and legislate from the bench. Like all progs, you have an end goal in mind, and do whatever it takes to get there. Pretending to care about his finances is fun.

jamiche

Reaction score
1) Why didn't you know? You're all over vetting SCOTUS candidadtes??!
2) Boof paid his off too.
3) I'm opposed to all debt. I've just stated the mathematical fact that a short term credit card loan could cost less than other kinds of short term loans. Science.
4) You know almost nothing about Kav and his debt. You act like you're looking at a spreadsheet of his finances.
1) Have I posted about the finances or other vetting details of other SCOTUS candidates, deuce?
2) Boof’s debts were paid off. We don’t know how they were paid off.
3) You are an advocate of credit card debt. You have stated that you find it very convenient. Boof found it so convenient that he carried large amounts of it for at least twelve years until it was suddenly paid off. Did he get a share of the Nats World Series money? Oh, no WS, forget that explanation.
4) I know more than you are willing to admit about boof’s debt but not nearly as much as I or any other informed citizen should.

I’m happy to keep going if you want.

jamiche

Reaction score
The real threat is that he will protect the constitution. You are opposed to the constitution, so this is a problem. You want lefties who will undo the constitution and legislate from the bench. Like all progs, you have an end goal in mind, and do whatever it takes to get there. Pretending to care about his finances is fun.
You have no idea what you just wrote. It was all rote. And tiresome.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Of course we should. Biden did it.

And?? Trump did it. Kavanaugh did it.

Still gotta vote for someone. Didn't stop people from voting for Trump last time.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Of course we should. Biden did it.

And?? Trump did it. Kavanaugh did it.

Still gotta vote for someone. Didn't stop people from voting for Trump last time.
The sad and correct response.

I don't understand the strategy here. The GOP candidate has no high ground in this matter. They're not going to switch a voter's mind to vote for Trump on this. In fact, it could backfire. Trump's conduct could be relitigated.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
GOP voters didn't attack Trump when he was outed. They rallied behind him, if anything.

Dems need to learn to play by the same rules.

Section2

Reaction score
Just thought it would be sooooo much fun to see what a bunch of white guys are thinking. Hope you all think those former altar boys and wrestlers were also head cases. And the boys in the shower at Penn State. Being but-f-ed isnt such a big deal, right?

Hope none of you have daughters that pick up the attitudes about what we apparently think is ok to do to girls, and what we do if they tell. Hope you dont get arrested when your daughter tells you and you beat the crap out of that frat boy (this is the reason my friends didnt tell). Unfortunately, that was misguided, as it just allowed you guys to carry on as if nothing happened or ever happens. This is a game of Supreme Court Justice to the boys, but to us, its our lives and what we can expect going forward.
Man, this thread overall is a trip. I'm curious to hear what Moonlight thinks of the much more corroborated Tara Reade allegations? What are the white guys thinking? This is a game of president to those awful whites, but I'm curious to hear what the enlightened Moonlight, or Sir M thinks about Tara and Joe?

bga1

Reaction score

I don't understand the strategy here. The GOP candidate has no high ground in this matter. They're not going to switch a voter's mind to vote for Trump on this. In fact, it could backfire. Trump's conduct could be relitigated.
I don't hear any R call for Biden's ouster. I hope he stays in! The most glaring issue isn't Biden's behavior, we always knew he was creepy. No, the most glaring issue is the media's treatment of Biden versus, Trump or Kavanaugh or Moore or any other R for that matter. Crickets.

Section2

Reaction score

Trump is a philanderer and a playboy. That's his history, and it's pretty clear. If the Dems really had any credible allegations of assault or rape, we would hear about that rather than Stormy Daniels and grab em by the pu$$y all the time. There just aren't any. He's no angel, it's fair to accuse the right of hypocrisy, particularly the Christian right.

The whole Tara Reade thing isn't about Trump vs Biden, it's about Kavanaugh, and it's about nuking the awful #metoo movement into orbit. We were on the verge of changing our entire standard of due process. That this was always a naked political weapon that could only be aimed one way was obvious to the "fellas". Have to hammer this home until the left comes back to sanity.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Man, this thread overall is a trip. I'm curious to hear what Moonlight thinks of the much more corroborated Tara Reade allegations? What are the white guys thinking? This is a game of president to those awful whites, but I'm curious to hear what the enlightened Moonlight, or Sir M thinks about Tara and Joe?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cncmin

Reaction score
Trump is a philanderer and a playboy. That's his history, and it's pretty clear. If the Dems really had any credible allegations of assault or rape, we would hear about that rather than Stormy Daniels and grab em by the pu$$y all the time. There just aren't any. He's no angel, it's fair to accuse the right of hypocrisy, particularly the Christian right.

The whole Tara Reade thing isn't about Trump vs Biden, it's about Kavanaugh, and it's about nuking the awful #metoo movement into orbit. We were on the verge of changing our entire standard of due process. That this was always a naked political weapon that could only be aimed one way was obvious to the "fellas". Have to hammer this home until the left comes back to sanity.
People that actually care more about the country and less about a person's personal conduct were far more concerned with Kavanaugh as a political operative and as a person put on the USSC by the President to protect the President than the probability that he got drunk and emotionally scarred some young woman decades ago.

Top Bottom