Christians Fleeing Trump This Time Around -

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
At this rate the only support he'll have left is the Tinfoil Hat Club on here, lol.

Two nice nuggets on this front -

Christian Group Hits Trump: ‘The Days Of Using Our Faith For Your Benefit Are Over’

A new bipartisan Christian super PAC is taking on President Donald Trump with a new ad that accuses him of hypocrisy when it comes to matters of faith.

“Mr. President, the days of using our faith for your benefit are over,” the ad from Not Our Faith warns. “We know you need the support of Christians like us to win this election. But you can’t have it.”

AND THIS -

Over 1,600 clergy members and other religious figures endorse Biden.

More than 1,600 clergy members, religious scholars and other faith-focused officials and activists are endorsing Joseph R. Biden Jr., the largest group of faith leaders to back a Democratic presidential candidate in modern times, organizers of the initiative said.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
The Mormons were early adopters of this.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
In order to save unborn children Evangelical Christians have been getting in bed with the Devil and thereby condemning countless numbers of children to die from starvation, disease, and physical abuse because Trump's Republican Party will do little or nothing to help them.

Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters

The president’s alliance with religious conservatives has long been premised on the contention that he takes them seriously, while Democrats hold them in disdain.

From the outset of his brief political career, Trump has viewed right-wing evangelical leaders as a kind of special-interest group to be schmoozed, conned, or bought off, former aides told me. Though he faced Republican primary opponents in 2016 with deeper religious roots—Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee—Trump was confident that his wealth and celebrity would attract high-profile Christian surrogates to vouch for him.

“His view was ‘I’ve been talking to these people for years; I’ve let them stay at my hotels—they’re gonna endorse me. I played the game,’” said a former campaign adviser to Trump, who, like others quoted in this story, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations.

It helped that Trump seemed to feel a kinship with prosperity preachers—often evincing a game-recognizes-game appreciation for their hustle. The former campaign adviser recalled showing his boss a YouTube video of the Israeli televangelist Benny Hinn performing “faith healings,” while Trump laughed at the spectacle and muttered, “Man, that’s some racket.” On another occasion, the adviser told me, Trump expressed awe at Joel Osteen’s media empire—particularly the viewership of his televised sermons.

In [Michael] Cohen’s recent memoir, Disloyal, he recounts Trump returning from his 2011 meeting with the pastors who laid hands on him and sneering, “Can you believe that bullshit?” But if Trump found their rituals ridiculous, he followed their moneymaking ventures closely. “He was completely familiar with the business dealings of the leadership in many prosperity-gospel churches,” the adviser told me.

To those who have known and worked with Trump closely, the notion that he might have a secret spiritual side is laughable. “I always assumed he was an atheist,” Barbara Res, a former executive at the Trump Organization, told me. “He’s not a religious guy,” A. J. Delgado, who worked on his 2016 campaign, told me. “Whenever I see a picture of him standing in a group of pastors, all of their hands on him, I see a thought bubble [with] the words ‘What suckers,’” Mary Trump, the president’s niece, told me.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...cretly-mocks-his-christian-supporters/616522/

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
It helped that Trump seemed to feel a kinship with prosperity preachers—often evincing a game-recognizes-game appreciation for their hustle.
My favorite guy on TV always repeats his "plant a seed", it only costs $100 to plant your seed... Lol people are so gullible....

Angry

Reaction score
The Atlantic is well on their way to totally redeeming themselves. :ROFLMAO:

howeda7

Reaction score
My favorite guy on TV always repeats his "plant a seed", it only costs $100 to plant your seed... Lol people are so gullible....
You must watch a bargain basement snake oil salesman. Seems all the ones I see want $500-1,000 "seeds" of course you can pay with your credit card over 6 easy payments. Hallelujah!

Wally

Reaction score
You must watch a bargain basement snake oil salesman. Seems all the ones I see want $500-1,000 "seeds" of course you can pay with your credit card over 6 easy payments. Hallelujah!
They do say, give as much as you can and it will come back 10x. Then he tells a story of donating his last $1000 when he was young and how much it paid off for him. LOL

howeda7

Reaction score
They do say, give as much as you can and it will come back 10x. Then he tells a story of donating his last $1000 when he was young and how much it paid off for him. LOL
It's amazing how they were all down to their last $1,000 but they gave it anyway and look at them now! Glory!

Top Bottom