Chloroquine

cncmin

Reaction score
More news that suggests that HC has very small benefits, at best, and potentially a negative effect over all. The scientist in me still needs to dig into the details of the study to see just how well it was controlled (e.g., were HyChl users more sick when they start to take it than the non-users?) before I accept that HyChl has zero benefits, but the results here correspond well with most of the other studies on the subject.

Meanwhile, how much federal money did the Trump administration dole out to secure HyChl resources?

Section2

Reaction score
Oh, OK, so you criticize JTF for posting tweets, and then claim Twitter is the source of almost all of your "news". You can't make this stuff up.

Also, no one should ever be simply assuming that a Tweet itself is quality information. A Tweet is only worth the veracity of the underlying information. What you need to be doing is, just like the Drudge viewer who only reads the headlines or the MSNBC/CNN/FNC viewer who only views the scroller and becomes dangerously misinformed, follow up to make sure that the information you are consuming is legitimate.

The biggest question you should be asking yourself when you come across information is: does this sound reasonable and logical? If it does not pass that simple smell test, especially then, you should be following it up to determine the veracity of the information. If the source leads you to Zerohedge, Gateway Pundit, or other dark areas of the disinformation universe, go somewhere more reputable. Cross-check the information with other sources, and compare nuances. In the world of science and engineering, the best of us do this by habit. That's how easy it is to become a better-informed person: Use reputable sources, check, re-check, verify, and even then, continue to have at least mild skepticism and an open mind for the possibility that new information will arise to challenge your stance.
You are poorly informed, so maybe you should take your own advice.

Section2

Reaction score
I mean, seriously, the game doesn't work that way, Mr. I Follow Tweets as News.
twitter gives me access to every media outlet on the planet, and thought leaders of every political stripe. it's the best place to access information. So your opinion on this matter could not be more worthless. Thanks for the lecture though and the laugh.

cncmin

Reaction score
twitter gives me access to every media outlet on the planet, and thought leaders of every political stripe. it's the best place to access information. So your opinion on this matter could not be more worthless. Thanks for the lecture though and the laugh.
Again, you are using Twitter as headlines, not as sources for full-spectrum news. If you wanted full-spectrum news, you'd subscribe to something like USA Today, and read news across PBS, BBC, CNN, FNC, National Review, Politico, The Hill, Business Insider, Vox, etc. That's obviously not what you are doing, as evidenced by your gross level of misinformation displayed here daily. At best, you parse out any and all information that doesn't fit your argument. That's not how the game is appropriately played. If you wanted to gain some credibility, you could start by acknowledging as fact - instead of vociferously disputing - the facts and information posted very often on this very board by people contradicting the laughable tripe you so often post.

jamiche

Reaction score
Why not just admit you screwed up? What are you like 12 y/o & you can't admit when you mess up?
I gave you several sources. All you have to do is your own homework, craig.

Since plaquinil is your miracle drug, why aren't lupus and RA sufferers partying in the streets. They must have a free pass on COVID fears because they are fully protected. Blizzard's wife has no restrictions, I assume.

Section2

Reaction score
Again, you are using Twitter as headlines, not as sources for full-spectrum news. If you wanted full-spectrum news, you'd subscribe to something like USA Today, and read news across PBS, BBC, CNN, FNC, National Review, Politico, The Hill, Business Insider, Vox, etc. That's obviously not what you are doing, as evidenced by your gross level of misinformation displayed here daily. At best, you parse out any and all information that doesn't fit your argument. That's not how the game is appropriately played. If you wanted to gain some credibility, you could start by acknowledging as fact - instead of vociferously disputing - the facts and information posted very often on this very board by people contradicting the laughable tripe you so often post.
Who said I'm using Twitter as headlines? I didn't say that. USA TODAY???! Are you fing kidding me? My god man. USA today is the worst publication in the country. It's literally devised for the stupid. That's your preeminent source? Do you like it because it is in color?
CNN, PBS, BBC, Vox, these are horrible, biased, crap sources.

I'm not interested in gaining any credibility from you.

Section2

Reaction score

Since plaquinil is your miracle drug, why aren't lupus and RA sufferers partying in the streets. They must have a free pass on COVID fears because they are fully protected. Blizzard's wife has no restrictions, I assume.

cncmin

Reaction score
Who said I'm using Twitter as headlines? I didn't say that. USA TODAY???! Are you fing kidding me? My god man. USA today is the worst publication in the country. It's literally devised for the stupid. That's your preeminent source?
CNN, PBS, BBC, Vox, these are horrible, biased, crap sources.

I'm not interested in gaining any credibility from you.
And so you've just exemplified my entire point. Thank you.

Section2

Reaction score
And so you've just exemplified my entire point. Thank you.
Your point is that USA Today is a great publication to become well informed. It's maybe the saddest point I've ever read on here.

cncmin

Reaction score
Your point is that USA Today is a great publication to become well informed. It's maybe the saddest point I've ever read on here.
If you want general, low-detail, low-political-bias information at the national level, USA Today is one of the best sources that fits that bill. Whatever other point you are trying to make, I did not make so stop saying such. My list of examples above covered a full spectrum of sources of information, and is for example only. Following those sources, covering a spectrum of political biases, would be far more informative to someone like you than browsing Twitter feeds and following RW garbage down a RW rabbit hole.

howeda7

Reaction score
I admit we don't know 100% if it works yet or not, but it certainly seems like it could be working based on all the reports. Since it's an adult's decision over his body, the drug has a low risk of side effects & is prescribed under the supervision of a doctor, why the absolute outrage over this?
Of course Trump can do what he wants. He can drink bleach too. But when the President of the United States promotes doing something, a large % of people will listen. Pushing this drug against almost all medical advice will lead some to try and take it when they shouldn't. It's not the same as you doing it. Can you at least acknowledge that difference.

howeda7

Reaction score
Oh, OK, so you criticize JTF for posting tweets, and then claim Twitter is the source of almost all of your "news". You can't make this stuff up.
Not just a hack, but a hypocrite hack.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Of course Trump can do what he wants. He can drink bleach too. But when the President of the United States promotes doing something, a large % of people will listen. Pushing this drug against almost all medical advice will lead some to try and take it when they shouldn't. It's not the same as you doing it. Can you at least acknowledge that difference.
He wasn't "pushing" the drug. He wasn't even "promoting" the drug. It's not "against almost all medical advice". On the contrary, very little medical advice is against the use of Hydroxychloroquine. How can it lead people to take it, without their doctor's writing prescriptions for it?

What's not the same, as me doing what? Trump taking it, or I taking it? If so, what's different about it? Neither of us have heart arrhythmia. That seems to be the only serious concern, and according to China & Costa Rica, it's the Azithromycin, not the Hydroxchloroquine that's the real culprit in regard to heart arrhythmia patients.

howeda7

Reaction score
He wasn't "pushing" the drug. He wasn't even "promoting" the drug. It's not "against almost all medical advice". On the contrary, very little medical advice is against the use of Hydroxychloroquine. How can it lead people to take it, without their doctor's writing prescriptions for it?

What's not the same, as me doing what? Trump taking it, or I taking it? If so, what's different about it? Neither of us have heart arrhythmia. That seems to be the only serious concern, and according to China & Costa Rica, it's the Azithromycin, not the Hydroxchloroquine that's the real culprit in regard to heart arrhythmia patients.
Of course he was. Don't be ridiculous. He hyped it multiple times. At one press conference he litereally said "take it. What do you have to lose". Almost no credible medical experts recommend taking it as a preventative measure. No one knows if it works and the rate of side effects is relatively high.

You are not the President. If you were, your medical team would likely advise you against it, and certainly wouldn't tell you to go promote it.

jamiche

Reaction score
Why not just admit you screwed up? What are you like 12 y/o & you can't admit when you mess up?
Did you read the Lancet study that was released this morning? 96,000 patients. Plaquinil is harmful. You'll have to look it up, craig. It might be hard for you to follow because there is no spooky music or fuzzy images.

stocker08

Reaction score
Did you read the Lancet study that was released this morning? 96,000 patients. Plaquinil is harmful. You'll have to look it up, craig. It might be hard for you to follow because there is no spooky music or fuzzy images.
We might still be in business if it mentions underground pizza dungeons or lizard men.

Blizzard

Reaction score

Lupus and RA patients take the drug out of necessity. Lupus moreso than RA. They're not exactly clear why it helps RA patients, it works as an immuno suppressant oddly enough so it calms down someone's immune system from doing whatever it does with arthritis. Pretty odd stuff. Eventually, the immune system will attack other areas of the body so people with RA generally have a shortened life expectancy. My wife's doctor is one of the physicians who started a global initiative studying RA/Lupus patients and Covid. I've said this before: Hydroxychloroquine has not worked as a preventative and it's unlikely to save your life if it's given as a last resort (see VA study) what has been shown is that it can prevent the pneumonia that kills people with Covid. That's a good thing.

Last edited:

jamiche

Reaction score
Lupus and RA patients take the drug out of necessity. Lupus moreso than RA. They're not exactly clear why it helps RA patients, it works as an immuno suppressant oddly enough so it calms down someone's immune system from doing whatever it does with arthritis. Pretty odd stuff. Eventually, the immune system will attack other areas of the body so people with RA generally have a shortened life expectancy. My wife's doctor is one of the physicians who started a global initiative studying RA/Lupus patients and Covid. I've said this before: Hydroxychloroquine has not worked as a preventative and it's unlikely to save your life if it's given as a last resort (see VA study) what has been shown is that it can prevent the pneumonia that kills people with Covid. That's a good thing.
First of all, I'm truly sorry that your wife has RA. I have a family member who also has RA and takes plaquinil. It's a tough, chronic, limiting and painful disease. If what you have written is accurate, Plaquinil may have some limited benefit under very narrow circumstances for COVID patients, but multiple studies have shown that overall it does significantly more harm than good. It's nearly criminal for Trump to be promoting it, especially since it's highly unlikely that he's taking it. No competent physician would prescribe it to someone with his health characteristics.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
5 decades later, jam jam says it’s harmful.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Of course he was. Don't be ridiculous. He hyped it multiple times. At one press conference he litereally said "take it. What do you have to lose". Almost no credible medical experts recommend taking it as a preventative measure. No one knows if it works and the rate of side effects is relatively high.

You are not the President. If you were, your medical team would likely advise you against it, and certainly wouldn't tell you to go promote it.
Trump did indeed promote it. It was one of many dumb things he has said. That isn’t breaking news. It would be super if he would talk out loud about 5% of the time that he does. However, I don’t feel sorry for anyone who takes medical advice from POTUS over a medical professional.

Top Bottom