Chloroquine

howeda7

Reaction score
That tweet is so wildly incorrect. No wonder you rushed here to post it.

Hack.
Lol. 2 is the hack he accuses everyone else of being. Several people were given 3-4 different things in the early weeks. David Latt of Lawfare said the same thing. He was given multiple things. He doesn't know what helped, if any. No one is saying it absolutely doesn't work. Just that there is not enough data showing that it does. Amy acknowledging her husband took it is so far from the headline. Pathetic. Hack.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Lol. 2 is the hack he accuses everyone else of being. Several people were given 3-4 different things in the early weeks. David Latt of Lawfare said the same thing. He was given multiple things. He doesn't know what helped, if any. No one is saying it absolutely doesn't work. Just that there is not enough data showing that it does. Amy acknowledging her husband took it is so far from the headline. Pathetic. Hack.
Says that guy that posts his theories directly out his ass with no proof.

BTW, jam jam says it absolutely doesn’t work.

howeda7

Reaction score
Says that guy that posts his theories directly out his ass with no proof.

BTW, jam jam says it absolutely doesn’t work.
"Jam Jam" is wrong. Perhaps you can counsel him on how to dust himself off and move on.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I admit we don't know 100% if it works yet or not, but it certainly seems like it could be working based on all the reports. Since it's an adult's decision over his body, the drug has a low risk of side effects & is prescribed under the supervision of a doctor, why the absolute outrage over this?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Both JAMA and the New England Journal of Medicine published studies that produced results showing that hydroxy don't do no good, rabbit holers. Additionally its side effects can be quite dangerous, particularly for a morbidly obese 73 year old. I'm not linking the articles because that will make you crazy, which is fun. (You won't understand them anyway.)

No worries, fellas. His doc isn't prescribing that drug.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Both JAMA and the New England Journal of Medicine published studies that produced results showing that hydroxy don't do no good, rabbit holers. Additionally its side effects can be quite dangerous, particularly for a morbidly obese 73 year old. I'm not linking the articles because that will make you crazy, which is fun. (You won't understand them anyway.)

No worries, fellas. His doc isn't prescribing that drug.
This is not true. The drug is widely prescribed for arthritis, which largely effects the elderly. The one side effect of note is in people with heart arrhythmia.

Side Effects:
Hydroxychloroquine typically is very well tolerated. Serious side effects are rare. The most common side effects are nausea and diarrhea, which often improve with time. Less common side effects include rash, changes in skin pigment (such as darkening or dark spots), hair changes, and muscle weakness. Rarely, hydroxychloroquine can lead to anemia in some individuals. This can happen in individuals with a condition known as G6PD deficiency or porphyria.
In rare cases, hydroxychloroquine can cause visual changes or loss of vision. Such vision problems are more likely to occur in individuals taking high doses for many years, in individuals 60 years or older, those with significant kidney or liver disease, and those with underlying retinal disease. At the recommended dose, development of visual problems due to the medication is rare. It is recommended that you have an eye exam within the first year of use, then repeat every 1 to 5 years based on current guidelines.
Additional rare reports of changes in the heart rhythm have been reported with the use of hydroxychloroquine, particularly in combination with other medications. While monitoring for this risk is not typical in the office setting, it has been indicated in hospitalized and critically ill patients to evaluate for interactions with other medications.

diehard

Reaction score
Why not just admit you screwed up? What are you like 12 y/o & you can't admit when you mess up?
I am offering a seat in our charter school for jammer. If he is educable we can have him straightened out on 10 to 12 years. Also a free exorcism.

cncmin

Reaction score
Well this is the annoying thing about the internet: good percentage of the posters here enjoy pushing mis/disinformation. For the sole reason that they know it's annoying. That's the entertainment/pleasure they get in posting it. CRG is chief captain.
Nah, CRG truly believes the bullshit he tries to push around here. Same with Beeg, KGB, S2, etc. They all believe it, and no amount of truth and facts will stop that belief anytime soon.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
When in doubt, go with actual science and rigorous scientific studies.

Not emotional-based, faith-based, anti-intelligence internet posters. (y)

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Nah, CRG truly believes the bullshit he tries to push around here. Same with Beeg, KGB, S2, etc. They all believe it, and no amount of truth and facts will stop that belief anytime soon.
They push it, but they don't walk the walk.

Is CRG taking HCQ right now? Is he making his two boys take it? His wife? Fake, fake, fake.

Section2

Reaction score
Lol. 2 is the hack he accuses everyone else of being. No one is saying it absolutely doesn't work.
absolutist Howie for the win!!! Yes, that’s exactly what large swaths of angry leftists are saying.
pretty inconvenient for their potential VP to have a spouse that took it. Not sure how that makes me a hack. Ive Had basically the same position on this drug since before Trump mentioned it.

cncmin

Reaction score
I’m aware that the actual article is hyperbole. Enjoy a little of your own medicine.
JTF doesn't post hyperbole, and his information, albeit in the form of tweets, is almost always readily, demonstrably provable. Instead of wasting your time flailing around, pretzel dancing, and criticizing JTF's tweet-posts, you should be spending that time on better informing yourself. Self Improvement 101.

cncmin

Reaction score
Nah, all I wanted was the headline. It was perfect.
riiiiiigghhhhhttttt. People who post RW tripe, like you, don't just get that tripe from a vacuum. I guarantee you spoonfeed yourself giant gulps of RW media daily.

Section2

Reaction score
riiiiiigghhhhhttttt. People who post RW tripe, like you, don't just get that tripe from a vacuum. I guarantee you spoonfeed yourself giant gulps of RW media daily.
I post more left wing articles on here than right. If I’m concerned about people whining about the source, I always look for a politico.
basically all my news is coming from Twitter these days. I’m seeing all angles.

cncmin

Reaction score
JTF doesn't post hyperbole, and his information, albeit in the form of tweets, is almost always readily, demonstrably provable. Instead of wasting your time flailing around, pretzel dancing, and criticizing JTF's tweet-posts, you should be spending that time on better informing yourself. Self Improvement 101.
Section2 responded with a laugh - all right, here's a challenge for you, and given your laugh, you should be able to complete the challenge quickly: Pick any one of JTF's posts he's ever made, and contradict it with facts. In other words, simply show that JTF has ever posted something that was false.

Section2

Reaction score
Section2 responded with a laugh - all right, here's a challenge for you, and given your laugh, you should be able to complete the challenge quickly: Pick any one of JTF's posts he's ever made, and contradict it with facts. In other words, simply show that JTF has ever posted something that was false.
Of course I have, dozens of times. I’m not going on your errand though, not interested.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I've certainly posted stuff on here that turned out not to be true.

One thing I've never done, though, is post the Gateway Pundit and then when called on how bad the article was pretend I was doing it for the lulz

If someone in my Twitter feed retweeted Gateway Pundit for any reason other than making fun of them, I'd unfollow that person

cncmin

Reaction score
I post more left wing articles on here than right. If I’m concerned about people whining about the source, I always look for a politico.
basically all my news is coming from Twitter these days. I’m seeing all angles.
Oh, OK, so you criticize JTF for posting tweets, and then claim Twitter is the source of almost all of your "news". You can't make this stuff up.

Also, no one should ever be simply assuming that a Tweet itself is quality information. A Tweet is only worth the veracity of the underlying information. What you need to be doing is, just like the Drudge viewer who only reads the headlines or the MSNBC/CNN/FNC viewer who only views the scroller and becomes dangerously misinformed, follow up to make sure that the information you are consuming is legitimate.

The biggest question you should be asking yourself when you come across information is: does this sound reasonable and logical? If it does not pass that simple smell test, especially then, you should be following it up to determine the veracity of the information. If the source leads you to Zerohedge, Gateway Pundit, or other dark areas of the disinformation universe, go somewhere more reputable. Cross-check the information with other sources, and compare nuances. In the world of science and engineering, the best of us do this by habit. That's how easy it is to become a better-informed person: Use reputable sources, check, re-check, verify, and even then, continue to have at least mild skepticism and an open mind for the possibility that new information will arise to challenge your stance.

cncmin

Reaction score
I've certainly posted stuff on here that turned out not to be true.

One thing I've never done, though, is post the Gateway Pundit and then when called on how bad the article was pretend I was doing it for the lulz

If someone in my Twitter feed retweeted Gateway Pundit for any reason other than making fun of them, I'd unfollow that person
OK, yes, we all make mistakes (and I assume/hope you owned up to them); that wasn't the point I was trying to make. The RWers around here dismiss any and all of your posts. As an estimate, (a) what percentage of posts have you made here that were intentionally false? (b) What percentage of posts have you made here that you thought were true, but turned out to be wrong? (c) Of the posts you have made that turned out to be wrong, what was your follow-up action? (how did you remedy?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom