Chloroquine

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If I was exposed to corona, I’d take the drug without hesitation. Unless there’s some reason I wouldn’t be a good candidate or it would poorly interact with other drugs. Would you?
I mean, it won't do anything for you. And it might mess up your heart rhythms. But by all means, knock yourself out. (hopefully not literally)

Section2

Reaction score
Again, I didn’t call you out for calling Trump a liar. I called you out for YOUR lie. DT is far from my “man crush”, btw. I have asked you 3 times for backup on your lie and each time you respond with examples of when DT lied. I wonder why? You are a fraud.
Every discussion with stocker ends the same way.

Section2

Reaction score
It's just non-sense. RA patients, and my wife is one, aren't screened for heart arrhythmia prior to Plaquenil use and I bet Lupus patients aren't either.
It's one of the most widely prescribed drugs in the world. Every drug has some side effects, and listed side effects may not have anything to do with the drug at all, but they have to list them anyway. Of all the dumb things to get outraged at Trump over, this drug may top them all. Don't take it if you don't like it

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Of course he's lying his ass off.

He knows he can just lie, if anyone tries to challenge him on it. He literally has to say nothing more than "I never said I was taking it, that's the fake news media trying to smear me", and just like that his cult followers will swallow that, right after dutifully swallowing their HCQ pills that they purchased on the internet (or at least, what they think are HCQ ... who knows what sugar pills (hopefully) they were sold).
As a rule of thumb it's prudent to assume the truth is the opposite of what he says.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Someone I read compared taking this stuff preventively to administering chemotherapy preventively, and I think that's probably a valid way to look at it. It just doesn't make any sense.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Again, I didn’t call you out for calling Trump a liar. I called you out for YOUR lie. DT is far from my “man crush”, btw. I have asked you 3 times for backup on your lie and each time you respond with examples of when DT lied. I wonder why? You are a fraud.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Blizzard

Reaction score
Someone I read compared taking this stuff preventively to administering chemotherapy preventively, and I think that's probably a valid way to look at it. It just doesn't make any sense.
Yet, it doesn't prevent thousands of doctors working with Covid patients from doing so. My wife has taken 400mg a day for the last five years. Her Dr, Dr. Paul Sufka, is the guy who started the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance. Their studies so far have not shown that it's a preventative so I think Trump is off base. If I get Covid 19 I won't hesitate to take Hydroxy and zinc.

Reactions: SDR

GopherJake

Reaction score
Yet, it doesn't prevent thousands of doctors working with Covid patients from doing so. My wife has taken 400mg a day for the last five years. Her Dr, Dr. Paul Sufka, is the guy who started the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance. Their studies so far have not shown that it's a preventative so I think Trump is off base. If I get Covid 19 I won't hesitate to take Hydroxy and zinc.

Fair take with some backing evidence.

Section2

Reaction score
It makes perfect sense if this drug is effective early on in contraction of the virus, perhaps before symptoms present. Chemotherapy? How on earth is this drug similar to chemotherapy? People take this drug all over the world as a prevantative measure against malaria.
Just please stop with the TDS over this drug. It's insanity. Don't like it, don't take it, what's the issue?

bga1

Reaction score
It makes perfect sense if this drug is effective early on in contraction of the virus, perhaps before symptoms present. Chemotherapy? How on earth is this drug similar to chemotherapy? People take this drug all over the world as a prevantative measure against malaria.
Just please stop with the TDS over this drug. It's insanity. Don't like it, don't take it, what's the issue?
The issue is that innovative solutions rob the left of power and help the unwashed followers of the bad orange man be independent of them.

The hard left/expert class have a serious issue with freedom. They don't like it. Do this our way- we understand how you should live your life. Shelter for a year- then a vaccine- then utopia.

The sheep who are left of center follow the pharisees who are the experts.

stocker08

Reaction score
What was my lie? Quit being butthurt. You're just in full-on defense mode of your man crush, President Turnip. It's not much of a secret.

GoodasGold

Reaction score

Apple cider vinegar is the panacea for all ailments.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I had to take in the Army. Was in The infantry so guys were pretty healthy.

There were quite a few warnings and safety protocols. One guy from another company has some serious problems and was airlifted out. Don’t know what ever became of him if anything.

i know that’s not the best info, but it was back in 2001-02.

the last week we had to take something to flush it out. As chloriquine just kept the malaria at bay.

it did work wonders for malaria though. Zero cases.
I don’t know the dose for malaria, but it could very well be different than the dose for CV-19. Likely lower or the same.

I don’t know if HCQ works for Cv-19 either after acquiring the virus or before, but I think it is likely to be quite safe with generally healthy patients.

I think Trump said he was taking it once a day prophylactically (insert Trump joke here), while I believe it is generally prescribed twice a day for other uses. So his chance of getting side effects is very low.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I don’t know the dose for malaria, but it could very well be different than the dose for CV-19. Likely lower or the same.

I don’t know if HCQ works for Cv-19 either after acquiring the virus or before, but I think it is likely to be quite safe with generally healthy patients.

I think Trump said he was taking it once a day prophylactically (insert Trump joke here), while I believe it is generally prescribed twice a day for other uses. So his chance of getting side effects is very low.
KFC, you obviously don't have any idea and are taking wild guesses and making unfounded assumptions. Maybe you should leave it to the experts.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
KFC, you obviously don't have any idea and are taking wild guesses and making unfounded assumptions. Maybe you should leave it to the experts.
Oh, you mean like all the experts here that comment on various things that they likely don’t know about or couldn’t possibly have insight on?

I worked in the pharmaceutical industry for over a decade. I have a decent understanding of the minimally technical comments that I made.

Feel free to share your advice elsewhere. Howie could really use some.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
The issue is that innovative solutions rob the left of power and help the unwashed followers of the bad orange man be independent of them.

The hard left/expert class have a serious issue with freedom. They don't like it. Do this our way- we understand how you should live your life. Shelter for a year- then a vaccine- then utopia.

The sheep who are left of center follow the pharisees who are the experts.
Pharisees, eh? You would know...

Spoofin

Reaction score
What was my lie? Quit being butthurt. You're just in full-on defense mode of your man crush, President Turnip. It's not much of a secret.
Pathetic. Still deflecting. Sad, really.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

Bill Gates Accelerator group studying HCQ for prophylaxis of CV-19:

...The Accelerator group is testing the hypothesis — partly based on existing data — that hydroxychloroquine could be a good candidate for protection against contracting the COVID-19 disease. “It actually blocks the entry of the virus into the cell,” wrote Trevor Mundel, president of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, in a written Q&A. “If you have the drug in your system and you get exposed, you won’t let the virus get into your cells and you won’t get the onset of disease. That is what the trials are aimed at showing,” he wrote...

BTW, Trump never said people should “inject“ themselves with Clorox.

What Trump said was dumb enough, but Joe Bumblefuck just can’t stop himself from routinely lying and exaggerating about Trump.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
" Trump never said people should “inject“ themselves "

Lying your ass off.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ers-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-31/
"
THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.
"

Let's see what lie you concoct next.

diehard

Reaction score
As anecdotal evidence, hydroxychloroquine worked as a malaria preventitive in my cases. Also for huge numbers for other military members who have deployed to areas where malaria is an issue. There are few here that would have first hand experience.

Blizzard

Reaction score
As anecdotal evidence, hydroxychloroquine worked as a malaria preventitive in my cases. Also for huge numbers for other military members who have deployed to areas where malaria is an issue. There are few here that would have first hand experience.
And none of them got 'screened' for any cardiac issues prior to taking it.

Blizzard

Reaction score
" Trump never said people should “inject“ themselves "

Lying your ass off.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ers-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-31/
"
THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.
"

Let's see what lie you concoct next.
I just can't figure out if you're actually a troll's troll and or you're incredibly dishonest or you have some sort of cognitive issue.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I just can't figure out if you're actually a troll's troll and or you're incredibly dishonest or you have some sort of cognitive issue.
Which part of what I posted was false?

All I posted were the president's own words. Too bad that you hate it.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Probably because that is a red herring.

It causes cardiac issues, regardless if you have any prior.
It's an incredible exception for people who are prescribed this medication. The U is doing a decent size study of about 1100 participants. There are no issues with any side effects.

Top Bottom