Chloroquine

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
What amazes me is that you continue to trust anything he says. I haven't seen you directly defend or excuse this yet. What gives?
B/c he made a really dumb suggestion about investigating disinfectants?

Biden says dumb stuff all the time, but you’re going to vote for him. Hypocrite.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
He got caught looking really stupid. He’d be better off if he just admitted that it was really dumb if I had thought about it before I spoke.

Whatever. Even if he did, it wouldn’t change a thing about what you or any other lefties or the media says about him, so he doesn’t bother.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
My first response watching Trump say it live at the briefing was to look at her face.

I had to replay it to see if he said what I thought he said. He did.

What amazed me almost as much, is that not one reporter questioned him about his suggestion.
I think you can see her soul leave her body if you look carefully.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
He got caught looking really stupid. He’d be better off if he just admitted that it was really dumb if I had thought about it before I spoke.

Whatever. Even if he did, it wouldn’t change a thing about what you or any other lefties or the media says about him, so he doesn’t bother.
When Trump supporters poo poo the stories that the President privately suggested moving Seoul, when you see this, you have an easier time believing it.

Section2

Reaction score
When Trump supporters poo poo the stories that the President privately suggested moving Seoul, when you see this, you have an easier time believing it.
I don't doubt some and even many of these types of stories might be partially true. I object to ALL of them being sourced anonymously. They are very clearly leaked by opponents of the president, and they can't be verified, so what's the point?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I think it doesn't breed confidence, when the Man who has every resource at his disposal to answer basic questions, talks about injecting disinfectant and confuses antibiotics with antivirals. It might be his style to riff ideas Robin Williams style, but it makes one wonder if it is because his mind is unconstrained by limits, or if he just isn't listening to any of the briefings.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I think it doesn't breed confidence, when the Man who has every resource at his disposal to answer basic questions, talks about injecting disinfectant and confuses antibiotics with antivirals. It might be his style to riff ideas Robin Williams style, but it makes one wonder if it is because his mind is unconstrained by limits, or if he just isn't listening to any of the briefings.
I seriously doubt that anyone thought to warn him not to suggest that disinfectants might work internally. Maybe next time.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that anyone thought to warn him not to suggest that disinfectants might work internally. Maybe next time.
I get ya, but I"ll frame it differently. Here is what we know. Here is the message we want to get out. And what comes out is a new idea, not discussed. Is it because that is how he likes to work, or is it showing that he has not listened to the message, or prepared for the press conference? Did he read the book, or just the back cover? What is the purpose of the daily press conference?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I get ya, but I"ll frame it differently. Here is what we know. Here is the message we want to get out. And what comes out is a new idea, not discussed. Is it because that is how he likes to work, or is it showing that he has not listened to the message, or prepared for the press conference? Did he read the book, or just the back cover? What is the purpose of the daily press conference?
There’s no question, Trump has some real issues. My hope and thought was that he would have ‘guardrails’ to guide his presidency. He didn’t give the guardrails a chance to work yesterday, as he frequently tends to do.

No one man is the presidency. That’s a good thing.

On the other hand, his peculiarities and charisma have managed to accomplish things other Republicans refused to he think of, challenge, imagine, etc. He has raised the concern about “fake news”, which has existed for some time now without pushback.

Trump is an extraordinary fellow in good ways and bad, but the bad ways are mostly cosmetic, most of which drives the media and the left nuts. I understand that. I‘d hate his guts too if he were my political opponent.

My choice is between the political right and the left. I choose the Right. As it turns out, Biden is equally the cosmetic disaster that Trump is. Unbelievable that the left first picks the most hated women as its candidate to oppose Trump and now picks Joe Bumblefuck.

Reactions: SDR

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
There’s no question, Trump has some real issues. My hope and thought was that he would have ‘guardrails’ to guide his presidency. He didn’t give the guardrails a chance to work yesterday, as he frequently tends to do.

On the other hand, his peculiarities and charisma have managed to accomplish things other Republicans refused to he think of, challenge, imagine, etc. He has raised the concern about “fake news”, which has existed for some time now without pushback.

Trump is an extraordinary fellow in good ways and bad, but the bad ways are mostly cosmetic, most of which drives the media and the left nuts. I understand that. I‘d hate his guts too if he were my political opponent.

My choice is between the political right and the left. I choose the Right. As it turns out, Biden is equally the cosmetic disaster that Trump is. Unbelievable that the left first picks the most hated women as its candidate to oppose Trump and now picks Joe Bumblefuck.
That last sentence is most certainly true.

howeda7

Reaction score
Trump never said any of that. What he did was mention ultra violet light therapy, which apparently is perfectly reasonable to suggest looking into. He then asked about intaking a disinfectant, not drinking bleach. What that disinfectant could be, I suspect we'll find out. He also said quite clearly that medical doctors should research these things. He absolutely did not tell anyone to try these therapies on their own.

Only a deranged Democrat activist trying to smear Trump would be stupid enough to do that, as they did with the chloroquine.
The entire world is mocking him because it was an insanely dumb thing to say. You and Beeg are the only ones willing to defend his idiocy in this case. You've reached a new low. Congrats.

howeda7

Reaction score
You think Dr. Fauci needs to bow to Trump? Dr. Fauci is 79 years old. He is in a perfect position to destroy Trump if he wanted to. He would be a hero to the left.

It’s obviously not what he’s concerned about.
None of the folks that have "bowed" to him needed to. Did Mattis need to? Tillerson? But they still did. Fauci's reason for doing so is entirely honorable, but it's still pathetic that he has to.

howeda7

Reaction score

You'll still proudly vote for him. Perhaps twice. We know.

howeda7

Reaction score
Nuking hurricanes, etc. etc. etc. etc. They want to act like this is the first time he's said something this dumb. It's only the first time in front of the media.

howeda7

Reaction score

The guardrails have been increasingly failing since Day 1.

Cosmetic. Sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night. :rolleyes:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That’s her story and she’s sticking to it. She might have just got tired of him and took a little herself to make it believable. ?
The more we learn about the woman giving her husband fish tank cleaner, the more it looks like she was trying to kill him. And that she’s a Democrat.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The entire world is mocking him because it was an insanely dumb thing to say. You and Beeg are the only ones willing to defend his idiocy in this case. You've reached a new low. Congrats.
Your group think shaming doesn't work on independent thinkers. I don't need ignorant people from a foreign country to tell me what I should think about POTUS.

The UV therapy absolutely makes sense. There's nothing silly about that in any way.

The "disinfectant" sounds funny of course, but we have no idea what he's talking about. He's obviously not talking about injecting bleach. What people should be asking is "what was he referencing with that comment?".

Reactions: SDR

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Sure, just like it was easy to believe Obama was born in Kenya due to Barack listing his birth place as Kenya in his autobiography, and Michelle referring to Kenya as Barack's "Home country" in her taped speech. You think, "That can't be true", but when you hear it straight from the horse's mouth, it's a lot easier to believe.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
B/c he made a really dumb suggestion about investigating disinfectants?

Biden says dumb stuff all the time, but you’re going to vote for him. Hypocrite.
There's 'dumb', and then there's jaw-dropping, wince-inducing, painfully stupid. This was not a mere 'gaffe' or a misstatement of some kind.

I am not the world's biggest Biden fan, but Joe Biden has never uttered anything this breathtakingly bizarre and ignorant.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
There's 'dumb', and then there's jaw-dropping, wince-inducing, painfully stupid. This was not a mere 'gaffe' or a misstatement of some kind.

I am not the world's biggest Biden fan, but Joe Biden has never uttered anything this breathtakingly bizarre and ignorant.
As what?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Sure, just like it was easy to believe Obama was born in Kenya due to Barack listing his birth place as Kenya in his autobiography, and Michelle referring to Kenya as Barack's "Home country" in her taped speech. You think, "That can't be true", but when you hear it straight from the horse's mouth, it's a lot easier to believe.
Which Obama autobiography? Is this about the publicity pamphlet again?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/promotional-booklet/

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Which Obama autobiography? Is this about the publicity pamphlet again?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/promotional-booklet/
You believe the story that a publicist randomly chose Kenya, by mistake, and created a bio for Barack Obama using that? Since when do publicists write a bio for an author, without the author giving them the info to write the bio?

You believe Obama, set to release his first book....was so humble, that he never bothered to read the bio they'd crafted for him?

You believe that "mistake" was allowed to remain as written for 17 years, until 2008 & no one ever noticed it?

How about Michelle here giving her speech here where she says @ :42 "When we took our trip to Africa, and visited his home country in Kenya"...

Section2

Reaction score
You believe the story that a publicist randomly chose Kenya, by mistake, and created a bio for Barack Obama using that? Since when do publicists write a bio for an author, without the author giving them the info to write the bio?

You believe Obama, set to release his first book....was so humble, that he never bothered to read the bio they'd crafted for him?

You believe that "mistake" was allowed to remain as written for 17 years, until 2008 & no one ever noticed it?

How about Michelle here giving her speech here where she says @ :42 "When we took our trip to Africa, and visited his home country in Kenya"...

I had never seen that video. Amazing.
here’s the thing, it’s not racist to notice these things and think he might have been born in Kenya. How could it be racist? Yet that’s how it was framed.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I had never seen that video. Amazing.
here’s the thing, it’s not racist to notice these things and think he might have been born in Kenya. How could it be racist? Yet that’s how it was framed.
My opinion is that he was born in Hawaii, but spent most of his young adult life presenting himself as Barack the global citizen, who was ashamed to be American. Later that required some cleaning up.

howeda7

Reaction score
Your group think shaming doesn't work on independent thinkers. I don't need ignorant people from a foreign country to tell me what I should think about POTUS.

The UV therapy absolutely makes sense. There's nothing silly about that in any way.

The "disinfectant" sounds funny of course, but we have no idea what he's talking about. He's obviously not talking about injecting bleach. What people should be asking is "what was he referencing with that comment?".
Obviously he wasn't? That was an ignorant and demented man thinking out loud. There's no "secret" disinfectant he was referencing. Today, they've already tried "he didn't say that" and "OK he said it, he was joking." Didn't you get the memo?

Independent thinker, right down the middle, eh? You're still going with that? Alrighty then.

Top Bottom