Carson Hinzman 2022

alaska

Reaction score
My father lives in Hammond, where Carson goes to High School, he was in a cafe' with his father and got the message from his dad that he is very interested in the Gophers, and that they are probably the top choice right now....

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
That would be great news, and Hammond is only 40 minutes from campus.

tmvander

Reaction score
I don't even care if we get him or not as long as he doesn't go to Wisconsin

dlw4gophers

Reaction score
We are going to have to load up on the OL. After Next year we could about 6 lineman

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
We are going to have to load up on the OL. After Next year we could about 6 lineman

I actually think having this weird additional year of eligibility is the only reason we didn't make sure to add 3-4 OL this year. We wanted to keep some spots available and now we could (possibly) have two more years of (Andries, Schmitz) and three more years of (Dunlap, Faalele, and Boe). But obviously there are a number of question marks there too.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
My father lives in Hammond, where Carson goes to High School, he was in a cafe' with his father and got the message from his dad that he is very interested in the Gophers, and that they are probably the top choice right now....
Hope the father was honest with his answer to your dad. Wonder if he says that to everyone? I'd sure welcome him here though.

mkAz

Reaction score
He's got quite the offer list, he'd be a great addition.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
He's got quite the offer list, he'd be a great addition.
Offers from Alabama and LSU (maybe more, just saw those two in the five shown on the main screen).

Wonder why/how they know of him? Nothing wrong with it, just seems unusual.

I think what's his name from Woodbury (East Ridge) physically went down there to Alabama's camp, I believe uninvited, and showed up big, so they signed him.

stocker08

Reaction score
Much closer to the U than stinky badgerville.

stocker08

Reaction score
Offers from Alabama and LSU (maybe more, just saw those two in the five shown on the main screen).

I think what's his name from Woodbury (East Ridge) physically went down there to Alabama's camp, I believe uninvited, and showed up big, so they signed him.

J.C. Hassenauer?

SixBySix

Reaction score
Interesting to note that Hinzman has been bumped up to a "Top Target" on GI.

btowngopher

Reaction score

Doesn’t seem unusual to me, he’s rated as the number 4 guard in the nation. I’m sure schools find kids via recruiting sites.

WoodburyTim

Reaction score

In my mind, this counts as a commit. Put him on the list.

CWCWCW

Reaction score
Being that Hammond is a suburb of Baldwin, it made me think of another recent recruit.
What was the name of the highly rated tight end recruit from Baldwin? I think he signed with an SEC school but I don't recall hearing about him after that.

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
Being that Hammond is a suburb of Baldwin, it made me think of another recent recruit.
What was the name of the highly rated tight end recruit from Baldwin? I think he signed with an SEC school but I don't recall hearing about him after that.
Jake Keefer was a 4 star TE/LB from Baldwin who went to Wisconsin. Graduated about 5 years ago. Never did much on the field.

As for Hinzman, fingers crossed he becomes a Gopher. Absolutely dominates that area in wisconsin in football. Competition is ok. Very nimble for a kid his size. Plays center on the basketball team which made it to state.

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
MR-BURNS-EXCELLENT-1.jpg

Top Bottom