Candace Owens Has Got it Going On!

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Icon or not, very popular cultural figure. I don't know a thing about his music. He was nuts for what he did to Taylor Swift (even though he was right that Beyonce was robbed). But I still don't see how this helps album sales.

I think it will do just the opposite; hurt his album sales. Kanye will be back stroking and moon walking when he realizes he just pissed of the people who make him relevant and rich. The crowd he’s swooning ain’t letting his black a$$ in the door. They just “shining” him on.

My prediction is he will be back peddling before the weekend is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
I think it will do just the opposite; hurt his album sales. Kanye will be back stroking and moon walking when he realizes he just pissed of the people who make him relevant and rich. The crowd he’s swooning ain’t letting his black a$$ in the door. They just “shining” him on.

My prediction is he will be back peddling before the weekend is out.

I don't see how it could possibly increase album sales, we agree. Your move JTF.
The rest of your post, I don't agree with.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
John Legend
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love John Legend and agree with his politics but I wish he would shut the hell up. I want to hear John SING when I go to his concert. If he wants talk politics go on a political show, don’t hold me captive at a concert.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
I don't see how it could possibly increase album sales, we agree. Your move JTF.

Of course you don’t, even if it’s true.

justthefacts

Reaction score

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Heck, our President is proof of that. But beyond that, one need look no further than Kanye's last album.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ye-west-album-controversy-20160218-story.html

There will likely never be an album release week as strange, and exhaustingly controversial, as the one just given to us by Kanye West.

In the days since West previewed his new album, "The Life of Pablo," in a splashy, chaotic, listening party/fashion show for a sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden, the album has remained a key topic in the pop music conversation.

West's knack for commanding — and, yes, courting — controversy has kept his latest release at the forefront of our minds.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...t-famous-video-taylor-swift-lawsuit/86549972/

Call it 2016’s most inflammatory song lyric: “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / I made that (expletive) famous.”

Sparking tell-all interviews, potential legal action and a call-out on the Grammys stage, it was difficult to imagine how Kanye West’s Famous and its Taylor Swift name-drop could get any more contentious. And then the video came out, a 10-plus minute clip showing likenesses of celebrity’s biggest names nude in a giant bed together, from his friends (Kim Kardashian, Caitlyn Jenner, Rihanna) to his semi-enemies (Amber Rose, Ray J, George Bush) to a handful of 2016's most controversial figures (Donald Trump, Bill Cosby, Chris Brown).

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/4/1...st-riaa-platinum-certification-streaming-only
The Life of Pablo, released in February of last year, has been streamed over 3 billion times worldwide, and has just hit 1.5 billion streams in the US — making it the first album to be RIAA-certified platinum from streaming alone. The album was also available for sale on West’s website, but downloads contributed only 0.7 percent of its first-week units, according to Billboard and TLOP meets the “platinum” condition without those numbers.

Let's also not forget that Kanye's most recent moment screwing up an awards ceremony on stage boosted Beck's sales:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ales-by-more-than-1000-per-cent-10036812.html

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
There's no such thing as bad publicity. Heck, our President is proof of that. But beyond that, one need look no further than Kanye's last album.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ye-west-album-controversy-20160218-story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...t-famous-video-taylor-swift-lawsuit/86549972/

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/4/1...st-riaa-platinum-certification-streaming-only

Let's also not forget that Kanye's most recent moment screwing up an awards ceremony on stage boosted Beck's sales:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ales-by-more-than-1000-per-cent-10036812.html

See, I always agreed with you.[emoji15]

It was that stupid S2 who thought Kanye wouldn’t benefit from his bromance with President Pu$$y Grabber.[emoji16]

Section2

Reaction score
See, I always agreed with you.[emoji15]

It was that stupid S2 who thought Kanye wouldn’t benefit from his bromance with President Pu$$y Grabber.[emoji16]

He might benefit in some way. Album sales isn’t one of them.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score

I’m just messing around.

I didn’t think he will either but JTF makes a very compelling argument that leaves me on the fence..........

The music business is liberal and everyone knows Kanye is “special” so his publicity MIGHT generate record sales[emoji848]

Section2

Reaction score
Ah, well, that settles it.

being controversial to sell albums, sure. Supporting Trump is way beyond controversial. The whole country is in a total meltdown over him. I mean, Shania Twain had to apologize for a vaguely supportive comment. Are Trump fans buying his album? Are more independents? Are Hillary/Obama fans? Not just buying, but MORE likely to buy because he wore a MAGA hat?

Gdizzle

Reaction score
I’m just messing around.

I didn’t think he will either but JTF makes a very compelling argument that leaves me on the fence..........

The music business is liberal and everyone knows Kanye is “special” so his publicity MIGHT generate record sales[emoji848]

I think this will definitely help him sell more albums. And by sell albums I mean more streaming on Spotify. Just out of intrigue more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
I think this will definitely help him sell more albums. And by sell albums I mean more streaming on Spotify. Just out of intrigue more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do you think new Trump fans will offset the ones he COULD loose?[emoji848]

Keep in mind he probably already has fans who are Trump supporters; these would be in addition to them.

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Kaepernick? R's say stick to football

LeBron? R's say stick to basketball

Jemele Hill? R's say stick to talking sports

Kanye? R's...oooh...we like this one.

Retarded.

Dems.- entertainers and athletes can talk politics as long as they are lefty liberal loons. Dissent not allowed.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Retarded.

Dems.- entertainers and athletes can talk politics as long as they are lefty liberal loons. Dissent not allowed.

The difference is liberals are not telling Kanye not to express his views. They're telling him views are flawed.

Section2

Reaction score

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
He might be going full MAGA to sell more albums. I don't see how it will help him sell more albums. Either way, the reaction is fun.

Free publicity? Negative publicity is better than no publicity (not that it’s all negative.)

stocker08

Reaction score

I agree that this doesn't benefit Kanye. He's unlikely to sell more records because he associates with Trump. He might pick up a few fans.....but it's unlikely that he picks up right leaning people who don't care for rap. If anything.....it's going to turn off some left leaning fans.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The difference is liberals are not telling Kanye not to express his views. They're telling him views are flawed.
Oh reeeally?

Maxine Waters begs to differ.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/...ting-trump-talks-out-turn-formulates-thoughts

Waters questioned whether West "understands the impact" of his praise of Trump or how it resonates in the black community and for "young people."

"Maybe he should think twice about politics and maybe not have so much to say," she reportedly said.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Oh reeeally?

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/...ting-trump-talks-out-turn-formulates-thoughts

Waters questioned whether West "understands the impact" of his praise of Trump or how it resonates in the black community and for "young people."

"Maybe he should think twice about politics and maybe not have so much to say," she reportedly said.

Maxine Waters is part of the conservative deep state; she is a plant to make liberals look bad. Kanye is part of the conservative establishment; he is working with Fox News to impeach Hiliary as Grandmother and promote fakes news.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Maxine Waters is part of the conservative deep state; she is a plant to make liberals look bad. Kanye is part of the conservative establishment; he is working with Fox News to impeach Hiliary as Grandmother and promote fakes news.
Haha. No offense, but I’d rather here jtf’s excuse, I mean explanation.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Oh reeeally?

Kinda sounds a whole lot like Maxine calling Kanye a dumb n***. But of course, it’s completely okay for HER to say that nowadays. Others, not so much.

Top Bottom