Can one of the fellas...

scools12

Reaction score
You should find something they are complaining about that isn't legitimate. It is completely legitimate to call out this despicable anti-democratic, divisive behavior by this complete jackass of a President. Normalization of this behavior - as you and Scools are doing - is dangerous. The correct response is to allow them to count the votes and let the chips fall where they may.
Neither I or tikited normalized anyone’s behavior. What we did is point out the hypocrisy in your response.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I assumed Trump would win, the results of this election don't give me much hope for the future of this country, just a tiny bit more if Biden does win. I am still not totally convinced he will.

If Biden wins I think Trumps meltdown will be epic, I can't see him even attending the swearing in. His shame might just kill him...
I would watch that for sure.

Section2

Reaction score
Many places couldn't even open the envelope until election day. Anyone with a brain realizes that is going to massively slow things down.
That’s a bad process that needs to change. Many states allowed mail votes to be sorted and organized ahead of time, so they could be quickly counted on Election Day. Every state should copy that process.

Wally

Reaction score
If Trump ended up winning because of votes that came in late...you would have the same whiners screaming bloody murder.
Oh really?
Why isn't Biden saying to stop counting, he is ahead?
Trump just throws loads of shit and hopes some of it sticks ..

BarnBurner

Reaction score
What "facts" are you talking about? The only verifiable fact in this election is that the votes in this election, because of all the mail in and absentee voting due to the pandemic (which applied to all jurisdictions - not just Democratic ones), were expected to take longer to count than any other presidential election in recent memory. Certainly, Alaska, Georgia, and North Carolina have not been considered Democratic states and they're all still counting. I'm not sure why idiot Trump protesters were trying to stop vote counts in Michigan where the president was behind.
More facts to be discovered, I am certain. Legal means if needed.

Section2

Reaction score
Unless things are very very different elsewhere, the counts are done by representatives of both parties already.
In several big cities, there is some concern that this didn’t happen. I don’t have enough info to state either way conclusively. But I do believe that is what the Trump campaign is saying needs to happen, and vote counting should stop until it is.
Right or wrong, that’s what they’re saying. They aren’t saying “stop vote counting where we are ahead completely” which is the narrative being pushed here.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Oh really?
Why isn't Biden saying to stop counting, he is ahead?
Trump just throws loads of shit and hopes some of it sticks ..
I'm saying in another "world" let's say Trump is announced the winner based on late votes. Dems would lose their minds and cry foul. I don't see anyone freaking out on GH based on what is happening now.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Dangerous? It's not. Like you said, it is a message board. It has no bearing on the election or the way Trump is going to act. Trump said he was going to do this. Some here said basically the same thing if things were reversed. If Trump ended up winning because of votes that came in late...you would have the same whiners screaming bloody murder.
But, for clarification, "late" votes aren't being counted. "Late" counting states are still tabulating.

USAF

Reaction score
I see a lot of “he’s trying to stop the vote counting!” From what I’ve read they just want the vote counting monitored. Not stopped altogether. Correct me if I’m wrong.
You're wrong.

As to the rest of your spew, the states where votes are still being counted are states where Republicans mandated counting mail in ballots after the election.

USAF

Reaction score
Unless things are very very different elsewhere, the counts are done by representatives of both parties already.
Every. Single. State.

All of them. Even the backwards red states.

Last edited:

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
In case anyone has forgotten, the huge increase in mail-in or early voting was largely due to covid-19.

There are some states that have gone heavily into mail-in or early voting, while other states did most of their voting on Election day.

But the virus changed everything. the virus - along with the well-publicized issues with the Postal Service - is what led to states making mail-in and early voting more prominent. No one wanted hordes of people showing up to vote on Election day. IF we assume the same # of voters - but shift more of the vote to in-person ballots, you would have had a big stinkin' mess at the Polls.

this is not some Dem plot to steal the election. It's a virus. The virus doesn't care who wins the election.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
But, for clarification, "late" votes aren't being counted. "Late" counting states are still tabulating.
It's my understanding that late arriving votes ARE being counted in PA. This is the issue that could get argued to the US Supreme Court as there is inconsistency between PA state law and the PA Supreme Court's recent guidance. It's all a moot point if GA goes to Biden as it looks like it might.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
It's my understanding that late arriving votes ARE being counted in PA. This is the issue that could get argued to the US Supreme Court as there is inconsistency between PA state law and the PA Supreme Court's recent guidance. It's all a moot point if GA goes to Biden as it looks like it might.
In September, the state Supreme Court, citing concerns over Postal Service delays and massive number of people voting by mail to avoid contracting the coronavirus, ordered a three-day extension past Election Day for counties to receive and count mail-in ballots.

It hasn't even been 3 days, so it is in fact impossible to count something that hasn't arrived yet.

Wally

Reaction score
You're wrong.

As to the rest of your spew, the states where votes are still being counted are states where Republicans mandated counting mail in ballots after the election.
Exactly Republicans make the process unworkable so they can cry about it after.

USAF

Reaction score
You're wrong.

Well, duece?

What say you?

GopherJake

Reaction score
Neither I or tikited normalized anyone’s behavior. What we did is point out the hypocrisy in your response.
Every time you point your ire at the folks calling out the jackass behavior of the jackass President, rather than at the jackass President himself, you incrementally normalize the behavior of the jackass President. You tell us to accept it because everyone knows he's going to do it, to paraphrase Tiki.

No. I don't accept it. It's asinine to say anything other than "let's count all the legally cast votes, by the rules set in place, making sure there's proper oversight and within the law." Tweeting out "Stop the count!" is beyond asinine and needs to be called out. The inciting of the sycophants is real and it is indeed dangerous. It erodes trust in our voting process and does not help to heal the scars - win or lose - that this administration has created.

GopherJake

Reaction score
That’s a bad process that needs to change. Many states allowed mail votes to be sorted and organized ahead of time, so they could be quickly counted on Election Day. Every state should copy that process.
I agree, but they didn't. So we are where we are and it will take some time. It's really not very complicated and not outside the bounds of precedent or the law.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I'm saying in another "world" let's say Trump is announced the winner based on late votes. Dems would lose their minds and cry foul. I don't see anyone freaking out on GH based on what is happening now.
That's pure speculation and I can tell you that wouldn't be me personally. We can only analyze reality and factually know what the situation is.

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what you or I think. Everyone knew he was going to do it. He said as much. Why the constant crying about it? The usual suspects need to take a break.
If the usual suapects took a break, this board would shutter. The usual suspects, on both sides make the off topic board unreadable.

scools12

Reaction score
Every time you point your ire at the folks calling out the jackass behavior of the jackass President, rather than at the jackass President himself, you incrementally normalize the behavior of the jackass President. You tell us to accept it because everyone knows he's going to do it, to paraphrase Tiki.

No. I don't accept it. It's asinine to say anything other than "let's count all the legally cast votes, by the rules set in place, making sure there's proper oversight and within the law." Tweeting out "Stop the count!" is beyond asinine and needs to be called out. The inciting of the sycophants is real and it is indeed dangerous. It erodes trust in our voting process and does not help to heal the scars - win or lose - that this administration has created.
Again no one is normalizing anyone’s behavior.

There is plenty of blame for the scars to go around. The Democrats and their supporters do not get a pass on the damage they have caused simply because the current POTUS is a ass clown.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Again no one is normalizing anyone’s behavior.
Yes you are and I explained why.

There is plenty of blame for the scars to go around. The Democrats and their supporters do not get a pass on the damage they have caused simply because the current POTUS is a ass clown.
That's deflection, completely irrelevant to my point. I know you are, but what am I is for children, Scools.

scools12

Reaction score
Yes you are and I explained why.

That's deflection, completely irrelevant to my point. I know you are, but what am I is for children, Scools.
Its not deflection when pointing out that the divisiveness in this country is not simply all caused by the Trump Administration. It’s disingenuous and you know that. You just won’t admit it.

howeda7

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what you or I think. Everyone knew he was going to do it. He said as much. Why the constant crying about it? The usual suspects need to take a break.
Right? He told us he was going to do it, so who cares? :rolleyes:

howeda7

Reaction score
I agree, but they didn't. So we are where we are and it will take some time. It's really not very complicated and not outside the bounds of precedent or the law.
The Pennsylvania SOS ASKED the legislature to allow them to start counting the mail ballots early. They GOP controlled legislature refused. Now they are irate it's take a couple days to count millions of mail-in ballots and screaming fraud. This was always the play.

Top Bottom