California

balds

Reaction score
Interesting place. Steamrolling to a three tiered society. Billionaires, homeless and Illegal immigrants. Every major city is overrun with homelessness, feces, needles, crime, disease........ Is that the trend that is the future of our country? I hope not, but every election people run on the policies that rule California, and win.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
This is a very popular sticker in Nevada, and growing more so in Arizona and other places. I have one in the back window of my truck.

FuckCaliforniaCA.jpg

Angry

Reaction score
Is it? Tell us about the locations there that you've personally visited.
Golden Gate park in San Francisco is so bad, even the 3rd St promenade in Santa Monica is overrun by the homeless now.

howeda7

Reaction score
Just spent a week in SF. From the way people talk about it, I expected homeless everywhere. I saw almost none. There are certain areas it is advised to avoid (the Tenderloin) but that's true in most big cities. Traffic sucks though.

Section2

Reaction score
Just spent a week in SF. From the way people talk about it, I expected homeless everywhere. I saw almost none. There are certain areas it is advised to avoid (the Tenderloin) but that's true in most big cities. Traffic sucks though.
Almost none! Howie didn’t see it so it didn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
SF is wonderful. Last visited a few years ago, along with wine country. Would go back any time.

Key word: visit. Owning (or attempting to own) property there ... well that's a whole other ball of wax.

bga1

Reaction score
I have been to all of the big cities on the West Coast a number of times over the last several years. Each is a former paradise on the way to ruin as a result of progressive policies. My last trip was to LA to serve at Union Rescue Mission for a week where they are doing great work without government funding. Officially there are 55,000 homeless in LA, unofficially more than 100,000. I don't see California recovering, perhaps ever.

stocker08

Reaction score
I have been to all of the big cities on the West Coast a number of times over the last several years. Each is a former paradise on the way to ruin as a result of progressive policies. My last trip was to LA to serve at Union Rescue Mission for a week where they are doing great work without government funding. Officially there are 55,000 homeless in LA, unofficially more than 100,000. I don't see California recovering, perhaps ever.
Fake news.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

John Galt

Reaction score
San Francisco is probably my favorite big city in America. It’s the most beautiful, lots to do and the food is amazing. I’ve probably been there 40 times.

The dichotomy between rich and poor though is definitely on display. A 1500 square foot house from the 1960s will cost $1.5MM. Not sure how anyone new to the area can move there and make it work financially.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
San Francisco is probably my favorite big city in America. It’s the most beautiful, lots to do and the food is amazing. I’ve probably been there 40 times.

The dichotomy between rich and poor though is definitely on display. A 1500 square foot house from the 1960s will cost $1.5MM. Not sure how anyone new to the area can move there and make it work financially.
There are many Good paying jobs and opportunities in California for those with education, intelligence and initiative. For the indigents with drug dependency and mental illness it’s another story. Just look at Brian Wilson.

Section2

Reaction score
Agree. I was recently in SF for a week and have some old friends that have lived there for years. The problems are so obvious and predictable, only a liberal wouldn’t see them coming.
It’s a shame because SF is still a great city, but it could be so much better.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
There are many Good paying jobs and opportunities in California for those with education, intelligence and initiative. For the indigents with drug dependency and mental illness it’s another story. Just look at Brian Wilson.
What do you mean? For indigents with drug dependency and mental illness, SF is a fantastic place to be. Live off the land, have people take care of you, pay for your things, not a care in the world. It just sucks for the rest of the people that live there.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Absolutely loved living in San Diego, started my career there, went to graduate school there, met some great people from there and would love to live there again in a different stage of life.

Go San Diego!!

Gophers_4life

Reaction score

Show up, have duel tech incomes, no kids, each making well into six figures.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Absolutely loved living in San Diego, started my career there, went to graduate school there, met some great people from there and would love to live there again in a different stage of life.

Go San Diego!!
Well, if you ever find yourself in a homeless stage of life it seems a great place to be.

jamiche

Reaction score
If it’s such an awful place, why can’t the fellas stay away? Go to NoDak, Arkansas, OK, Mississsippi and Alabama where everything is run by white folks and life is grand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Kansas would be right up their alley.

Rode the Laffer curve right into the ground.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Kansas would be right up their alley.

Rode the Laffer curve right into the ground.
I lived in Lawrence while in undergrad. Fantastic college town, good food/beer, beautiful community, fun college and met great people.

Go Lawrence!!

Section2

Reaction score
If it’s such an awful place, why can’t the fellas stay away? Go to NoDak, Arkansas, OK, Mississsippi and Alabama where everything is run by white folks and life is grand.

yeah, the main problem with california is that it isn't run by white folks.

jamiche

Reaction score
What do you mean? For indigents with drug dependency and mental illness, SF is a fantastic place to be. Live off the land, have people take care of you, pay for your things, not a care in the world. It just sucks for the rest of the people that live there.
Most of the people you see living on the street with “not a care in the world” are mentally ill. Schizophrenia, bipolar, manic, severely depressed. Most have comorbidities like drug dependency. Most are not med compliant. Many are in and out of the criminal justice system. Reagan shut down community mental health facilities so these folks have the streets, shelters and jail. Most are very, very sick.

C’mon Ogee. You and I don’t agree on much, but I know you are better than this.

jamiche

Reaction score
Golden Gate park in San Francisco is so bad, even the 3rd St promenade in Santa Monica is overrun by the homeless now.
I’m on the 3rd St. Promenade a couple of times a year. There are a few homeless there, but not “overrun by the homeless.” Tens of thousands of tourists/shoppers daily, street entertainment, etc. Probably 25 homeless, mostly on the northern most block where there are some vacancies.

Section2

Reaction score
Most of the people you see living on the street with “not a care in the world” are mentally ill. Schizophrenia, bipolar, manic, severely depressed. Most have comorbidities like drug dependency. Most are not med compliant. Many are in and out of the criminal justice system. Reagan shut down community mental health facilities so these folks have the streets, shelters and jail. Most are very, very sick.

C’mon Ogee. You and I don’t agree on much, but I know you are better than this.

yes! 40 years later, the problem with California is clearly the policies of Ronald Reagan. Without him, there wouldn't be a homeless problem in CA.

jamiche

Reaction score
yeah, the main problem with california is that it isn't run by white folks.
For all of your whining, not one of you would move to Mississippi over CA.

jamiche

Reaction score
yes! 40 years later, the problem with California is clearly the policies of Ronald Reagan. Without him, there wouldn't be a homeless problem in CA.
Poor reading comprehension, deuce.

Here’s a tough one for you. Sometimes public policy decisions have multi generational impact. One example is the fellas continued complaints about the New Deal and legislation passed by LBJ. McConnell’s rush to turn the judiciary red will have lasting consequences beyond the repubs getting tossed.

You have to think beyond the next Snapchat.

bga1

Reaction score
For all of your whining, not one of you would move to Mississippi over CA.

Do you have a problem with black people or something? I think you just called Mississippi an S.H. state and here it is the highest percentage black population of any state. You sir, are a racist.

jamiche

Reaction score
Do you have a problem with black people or something? I think you just called Mississippi an S.H. state and here it is the highest percentage black population of any state. You sir, are a racist.
It’s a ruby red republican run racist red neck state, Humble Beggar. That’s why it’s last in practically everything but probably KKK membership. The fellas don’t want to go there. You guys want to go someplace nice, like CA, and then complain about it until your next trip because it’s not perfect.

Top Bottom