Black lives matter

MennoSota

Reaction score
I separated this question, because I felt it deserved to be addressed alone.

Do you think that Jesus would be considered conservative? If so, why? This is just a request for an opinion. No right or wrong answer(s). I only ask, because when I read this reply, that (bold text) was the first thing that jumped out to me. The frustration seems to be with Liberal Christians. Not with some issuing redacted bibles and using this to oppress creations of God, and others continuing this by doing all they can to suppress this history. I've read enough of your posts to feel comfortable to assume that you would want all of God's children receive the full gift of God's word (assuming you consider it a gift).
This is like asking if Jesus was a Pharisee, a Sadusee or a Herodian. The answer is...no. Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Every political system or political party is a corrupted mess that he would expose as corrupt to the core, just as he did with the power brokers in 30CE Palestine.

The fact is that liberal progressive Christians do much more redaction of the Bible than other Christian groups. This is demonstrably observed in liberal seminaries throughout the US where they have openly attempted to declare what words Jesus actually said as opposed to what he didn't say in the Bible.
Your attempt at tying the Bible to redaction falls squarely upon liberals going back to 17th century Germany and forward to 18th century America via Deists like Thomas Jefferson.

MennoSota

Reaction score
While you are entitled to your opinion, I was hoping that MennoSota would address this. He brought up Liberal Christians. I think it is safe to assume that he believes that there are conservative Christians as well.

With that said, Christ did spend much time with the poor. Something tells me he cared. Others care as well. IMHO You can care about others and not necessarily be Christian. Humans have this strange ability to be united in purpose.
You are confusing political liberalism with theological liberalism. One can be a classical liberal, politically, and a conservative Christian, theologically. Perhaps this is where you are getting confused as I may have confused you, knowing what I mean, yet you not following. That may be my fault in using the same term without defining between political liberalism and theological liberalism.

STPGopher

Reaction score
This is like asking if Jesus was a Pharisee, a Sadusee or a Herodian. The answer is...no. Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Every political system or political party is a corrupted mess that he would expose as corrupt to the core, just as he did with the power brokers in 30CE Palestine.

The fact is that liberal progressive Christians do much more redaction of the Bible than other Christian groups. This is demonstrably observed in liberal seminaries throughout the US where they have openly attempted to declare what words Jesus actually said as opposed to what he didn't say in the Bible.
Your attempt at tying the Bible to redaction falls squarely upon liberals going back to 17th century Germany and forward to 18th century America via Deists like Thomas Jefferson.
Okay. So you are not okay with some of Thomas Jefferson's actions. We can agree on that.

Cheers!

MennoSota

Reaction score
So BLM (the organization) enslaved people? BLM created and issued a redacted bible?

Moving right along, I don't speak for BLM. Never have. Therefore, I have nothing to admit or refute. Just as I can assume that you are not speaking for slave masters or those that developed this redacted 'book'.
Again, you jump the shark to assert what no one has asserted.

BLM has worked to redefine terms and create a narrative, not based upon primary source documents, but based upon its marxist ideology. It is a common propaganda ploy. Create a narrative and use familiar terms that the propagandist has redefined to mean something other than what they originally meant. Then convince the masses that the redefinition is the correct meaning. Look at CRT and you see this tactic clearly in use.

STPGopher

Reaction score

BLM has worked to redefine terms and create a narrative, not based upon primary source documents, but based upon its marxist ideology. It is a common propaganda ploy. Create a narrative and use familiar terms that the propagandist has redefined to mean something other than what they originally meant. Then convince the masses that the redefinition is the correct meaning. Look at CRT and you see this tactic clearly in use.
Since this really seemed to tick you off, I will simply just apologize.

Going back to my original point, Lies were allowed to be presented as fact. Key information was withheld. If those events did not occur, or there was some level of acknowledgement, we would not be having this discussion now. CRT wouldn't have a leg to stand on. No matter if you support it or oppose it.

This type of discussion is nothing new. This stuff never dies. It just changes form.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Since this really seemed to tick you off, I will simply just apologize.

Going back to my original point, Lies were allowed to be presented as fact. Key information was withheld. If those events did not occur, or there was some level of acknowledgement, we would not be having this discussion now. CRT wouldn't have a leg to stand on. No matter if you support it or oppose it.

This type of discussion is nothing new. This stuff never dies. It just changes form.
You are merely surmising.

stocker08

Reaction score

CRT is old technology. Shouldn't be in use for most applications.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Look at previous posts. There is proof. Much of it I have already posted. You just don't want to hear an opposing viewpoint or oppositional information/ data.
In looking back, I stand by my statement that you are surmising without support.

Wally

Reaction score
Liberals do not address this with policy and in fact move away from this with their ideal of equity (equality of result versus equality of opportunity).
Republicans are farther away from equality of opportunity. No trust fund millionaires...

Top Bottom