Black lives matter

Wally

Reaction score
But if it's a visceral fear that this could happen to them.....that is absolutely making the case the details of each case do matter. If some individuals really think 17,000 unarmed black people are killed each year, then the first thing we should be doing is speaking the truth LOUDLY. Breonna Taylor wasn't killed because she was a black person asleep in her bed. Jacob Blake wasn't just walking down the street and approached by cops. Remove that visceral fear from people for a start. In addition, go after the cops that are unfairly racial profiling or abusing power. Anybody with a brain would be behind that. But don't thrown an entire profession under a "systemic racist" blanket based on the circumstances of a few interactions.

Shaming white people doesn't solve inequality. Segregation isn't a solution for past segregation. Removing statues and changing syrup labels doesn't change anybody's trajectory. Placing criminals on a pedestal is condescending for the millions of law-abiding black people in this country. Don't pretend looting/destroying property is voices being heard. These actions lose many of us in the suburbs that would otherwise be behind racial equality.
The fear comes from them being treated like criminals all the time. Go to a department store and you have loss prevention following you all the time. Or like the Black producer on KFAN who grew up in Eagan, he said he had the cops pull a gun on him when he was 12 years old.( I believe) That's normal for black kids. Its definitely not for white kids.

Storey about this topic

forever a gopher

Reaction score
You don't understand that people are pissed about more than these cases? They are just a stark visual of what they are feeling, the back stories don't matter, the people in these incidents are secondary to the experiences of each individual person.

You latch on to the details of each case like they actually matter, they don't, its really not about George Floyd. Its about people feeling like they have been in the place George Floyd was in the video and this could have happened to them. George Floyds backstory doesn't matter, its about a visceral fear.
The details absolutely matter. What a bizarre thing to say. People are literally burning down cities because of this, and the “details don’t matter”? If this was in fact systemic racism, then wouldn’t we be hearing about an affluent black college professor committing no crime, but pulled over by the police and shot to death even though he didn’t resist arrest? Because the narrative is it doesn’t matter what you’re doing or who you are- if you’re black, you may die by the hands of police no matter the circumstance. But of course, that isn’t happening. The people dying at the hands of police are doing things they shouldn’t be, and as laid out by golfing above, are making poor choices.

The statistics bear that you can do two things to not die by police (no matter your color) 1. Don’t commit crimes. 2. If committing a crime, don’t try to flee, beat up, knife, pull a gun, or shoot at police.

The discussion isn’t about law-abiding black people being hassled by police. It’s that black people are dying at the hands of police unjustly, no matter the circumstances.

Wally

Reaction score
The details absolutely matter. What a bizarre thing to say. People are literally burning down cities because of this, and the “details don’t matter”? If this was in fact systemic racism, then wouldn’t we be hearing about an affluent black college professor committing no crime, but pulled over by the police and shot to death even though he didn’t resist arrest? Because the narrative is it doesn’t matter what you’re doing or who you are- if you’re black, you may die by the hands of police no matter the circumstance. But of course, that isn’t happening. The people dying at the hands of police are doing things they shouldn’t be, and as laid out by golfing above, are making poor choices.

The statistics bear that you can do two things to not die by police (no matter your color) 1. Don’t commit crimes. 2. If committing a crime, don’t try to flee, beat up, knife, pull a gun, or shoot at police.

The discussion isn’t about law-abiding black people being hassled by police. It’s that black people are dying at the hands of police unjustly, no matter the circumstances.
Not happening, yea ok.

You can continue to think what you want and compartmentalize every situation so you can easily dismiss the movement. Or you could try to understand whats behind it.

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Tell that to your team. The last six months have all been about what your team decides.
Look, in this thread, at all the hate sent my way just because of a three-word post saying, basically, that all people are equal and important. Now read the thread I just posted above about hate in this country 100 years ago and tell me it's not the same sentiment.

We can be better. We need to be better. Anyone who really loves their country and not just their race should want things to be better.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Look, in this thread, at all the hate sent my way just because of a three-word post saying, basically, that all people are equal and important. Now read the thread I just posted above about hate in this country 100 years ago and tell me it's not the same sentiment.

We can be better. We need to be better. Anyone who really loves their country and not just their race should want things to be better.
Prior to your three word post you had included (without comment) a tweet citing a story about a redneck and son shooting at black teens on their property. By providing no commentary it is reasonable to assume you are suggesting this is standard practice. Stories like this no doubt exist. Racism exists on both sides. Your three word post above includes one of the key words for me -- "history". We are no longer in 1919. Let's quit pretending black people are being shot disproportionately for the crime of their skin color. It's just patently false.

One more sidebar. My first year college student called the other day, complaining about her required first year class at the University about George Floyd/race relations and the bizarre attempt to indoctrinate first year University students. Words from her assigned article included how "emotionally exhausting it is for black people to have to care about a white person's feelings" and "white people need to take extra efforts so they can learn something they should have and could have learned throughout the duration of their life". The messaging was all about her white privilege, etc. etc. My high school child told a story about how all the kids were encouraged to tweet/instagram about the Breonna Taylor story and apologizing for "her walls getting justice before she did". When pressed about the details of the Breonna Taylor story, my daughter and friend had no idea. I don't want to live in a society where only certain thought is allowed, our kids are trained to think a certain way, and any others are shouted down. That isn't progress.

Last comment: nobody is suggesting we can't do better. I just strongly disagree with the current tactics being utilized and the overt attempt to mislead people about the problem itself.

Last edited:

tikited

Me
Reaction score
These clowns think they’ve been given the go ahead to do whatever they want with no repercussions all over a false and misleading narrative.
Cool. They stopped racism by being a-holes.

tikited

Me
Reaction score

Sorry, I only saw a couple of people respond to your post. No hate involved.

No one doesn't want things to get better. People obviously have different views on why things are the way they are and people obviously have different views on how to correct these things.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
Not happening, yea ok.

You can continue to think what you want and compartmentalize every situation so you can easily dismiss the movement. Or you could try to understand whats behind it.
Have you not learned anything from many of the previous cases? So many of these cases people rush to judgement based on an eye witness account or a partial video. Look at the suicide in Mpls that was supposedly an unarmed black person being murdered by the police. Looting/riots started almost instantaneously. Of course, when the truth came out, the looting/rioting didn't stop. Is anybody FOR police killing innocent people? Do you seriously think people see these stories (like the TX shooting) and go, "good, a great thing just happened"? Sure, you have the extremists on both sides, but the vast vast vast majority of people don't want to see any of this crap. If this TX cop truly did murder somebody, then he should be convicted and sent to prison. But of course, that's the thing you fail to acknowledge. Nobody wants this crap. I don't like seeing anybody (black or otherwise) being shot by the police. The fact of the matter is the narrative that is being spread (all cops are evil and you shouldn't listen to them) is hurting way more people. That's the point. We all want the same thing, but if people would just do what the cops say, you can have your day in court WHILE STILL ALIVE.

Of course the details matter. Anecdotal evidence and emotion fuel the narrative that isn't helping anybody, including black people.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
That is not the main narrative
( The fact of the matter is the narrative that is being spread (all cops are evil and you shouldn't listen to them)
You have stated as much several times before.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Prior to your three word post you had included (without comment) a tweet citing a story about a redneck and son shooting at black teens on their property. By providing no commentary it is reasonable to assume you are suggesting this is standard practice. Stories like this no doubt exist. Racism exists on both sides. Your three word post above includes one of the key words for me -- "history". We are no longer in 1919. Let's quit pretending black people are being shot disproportionately for the crime of their skin color. It's just patently false.

One more sidebar. My first year college student called the other day, complaining about her required first year class at the University about George Floyd/race relations and the bizarre attempt to indoctrinate first year University students. Words from her assigned article included how "emotionally exhausting it is for black people to have to care about a white person's feelings" and "white people need to take extra efforts so they can learn something they should have and could have learned throughout the duration of their life". The messaging was all about her white privilege, etc. etc. My high school child told a story about how all the kids were encouraged to tweet/instagram about the Breonna Taylor story and apologizing for "her walls getting justice before she did". When pressed about the details of the Breonna Taylor story, my daughter and friend had no idea. I don't want to live in a society where only certain thought is allowed, our kids are trained to think a certain way, and any others are shouted down. That isn't progress.

Last comment: nobody is suggesting we can't do better. I just strongly disagree with the current tactics being utilized and the overt attempt to mislead people about the problem itself.
Good question(s) raised. In short, part of the reason for posting news stories like that are to disprove the nagging false narrative out there--here and elsewhere--that racism and racial violence are a thing of the past. If those perpetuating that narrative would give up the disinformation campaign, there would be no need to counterpoint with the truth.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
I don't think anyone else has actually said what the number is. What do you think most people would say it is based on the severity of the protests? If you ask your average BLM protester how many unarmed black men are killed by police every year how many do you think they would say?

For that matter, how many should it be before we burn Portland?
> If you ask your average BLM protester how many unarmed black men are killed by police every year how many do you think they would say?

Journalists have actually gone out among the BLM protest marches (not the riots) and asked everyday BLM supporters how many unarmed black men are killed by police every year. Their answer is typically 10s of thousands or even hundreds of thousands. When the journalist tells them, no it's about 10 on average (and that doesn't include whether or not it was justified), then the protesters think that the journalist is lying. If they knew it was only 10ish, and that the shooting was justified in most of those 10ish, they most likely wouldn't have gone out there to protest, especially if they also knew that the number of unarmed whites were killed by police each year, and found that, relative to number of encounters with police, far more whites were killed in police encounters than blacks were.

That is, those among them that are not math-challenged would have decided not to come out there to protest something that is non-protestable in the sense that ...

It's really tantamount to mounting a huge protest over the number of blacks that are killed by lightning each year. The point is, getting struck by lightning is an accident. Accidents happen. What would you do about it, cancel electricity? If so, then so much for your cell phone working. Policing isn't perfect, and accidents happen there too in the form of screwups or misjudgements about whether the suspect is about to attempt to kill the officer. Unfortunately, some people are so stupid that they want to cancel the police to eliminate that problem, just like anybody who might want to cancel electricity to prevent death by lightning strike, or cancel automobiles to prevent death by car accidents.

Let's focus on where the real problems are: blacks murdering blacks in predominantly black neighborhoods, using guns that are readily available on the streets, no matter how much effort the do-gooding Karens put in to try to outlaw guns being purchased by the law-abiding public.

And sure, lots of people have bad interactions with police. I've had several of those in my lifetime too, including twice that they tried to get me on speeding to fill their quota, when I wasn't speeding. I'm sure that blacks, on average, have more bad police encounters than I do. We could work on that problem too and probably should. But no way it's worth burning down a billion dollars of Minneapolis businesses for. The people supporting BLM are largely mathematically incompetent, and reading-challenged too since they don't bother to read about how BLMgnf is a neo-Marxist organization that is dedicated to canceling our democracy in favor of some unknown authoritarian form of government that wouldn't be pretty and would probably feature police that are even less accountable than now. Ask the Hong Kong people how well they like their police interactions.

Last edited:

Livingat45north

Reaction score
These clowns think they’ve been given the go ahead to do whatever they want with no repercussions all over a false and misleading narrative.
Who's saying they can't do what they want without repercussions? Certainly not the liberal DAs that refuse to prosecute them, the Mayors that do nothing to stop it, the Gov's who refuse to even condem it, or the Biden campaign that even if the police to arrest them pays their bails so they can get out of jail to commit more crimes.

Wally

Reaction score
( The fact of the matter is the narrative that is being spread (all cops are evil and you shouldn't listen to them)
You have stated as much several times before.
Whatever you want to believe....dumb f...

Wally

Reaction score
Who's saying they can't do what they want without repercussions? Certainly not the liberal DAs that refuse to prosecute them, the Mayors that do nothing to stop it, the Gov's who refuse to even condem it, or the Biden campaign that even if the police to arrest them pays their bails so they can get out of jail to commit more crimes.
I guess thats why they are arresting and prosecuting looters and fire starters.

Wally

Reaction score
Let's focus on where the real problems are: blacks murdering blacks in predominantly black neighborhoods, using guns that are readily available on the streets, no matter how much effort the do-gooding Karens put in to try to outlaw guns being purchased by the law-abiding public.
Mostly a result of War on Drugs, without that they have no monetary reason to shoot each other. I would happily imprison every person who supports the WOD, they are the real criminals inflicting violence on people purely over some chemical.

I love the second amendment, if someone fucks me over bad enough they will find out why...

Wally

Reaction score
Why lie about it? We've all read those posts by you.
I didn't say all, I said many. And I believe many are police for the wrong reasons. Think what you will. Just push back harder against people wanting reform, I am sure it will work someday, its worked for China after all....

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score

BLM misrepresenting the problem and the solution is not going to make anything better, but actually much worse. Endorsing their fanning of the flames should piss people off. Racism and the police are not the problem.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
The BLM Marxist have taken over the TRUE BLM movement I can only hope that the TRUE BLM peaceful movement comes up with another name.. I can not support a radical, violent group that is wants to bring the U.S. government down. I will support Blacks that want to change things within the Republic and voting.

Top Bottom