Black lives matter

golf

Reaction score
Philip Cunningham of the 4th ward is frustrated because his fellow council members arent pushing for change in mpd the way they had originally promised. Cunningham wants to hire "disrupters" who will help disrupt a situation before it turns violent. His frustration is that other council members now want a larger police presence as they are hearing from constituents who arent happy about the rise in crime.
The number of cops leaving the force has doubled since same time period last year.

Dems have control over police departments in large citues. Is change happening? Is change even wanted by those who hold the keys?

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Wait. Trying to stop the violence helps stop the violence? Who would have known.

Meanwhile, in Portland, Democratic leader's top aides are participating in the violence.
This is a preview of Joe's America, anybody with any common sense knows that at this point. It's been hitting us in the face for the last several months. The Dems fueled this several months ago and are ONLY now even remotely considering denouncing it because of two things; they are seeing that it's not being received as well as they thought or polling as well as they thought and two, they have completely lost control of the action.

bga1

Reaction score
Bad can't even find it in his heart to condemn the ambush of these police officers, or the disgusting actions of BLM at the hospital. Instead he hopes to distract us into an anti-Trump argument. BadGopher is piece of human garbage.
Bad is a good human being. He is mentally ill. He has TDS in its worst form. I hope he recovers.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Philip Cunningham of the 4th ward is frustrated because his fellow council members arent pushing for change in mpd the way they had originally promised. Cunningham wants to hire "disrupters" who will help disrupt a situation before it turns violent. His frustration is that other council members now want a larger police presence as they are hearing from constituents who arent happy about the rise in crime.
The number of cops leaving the force has doubled since same time period last year.

Dems have control over police departments in large citues. Is change happening? Is change even wanted by those who hold the keys?
He's my idiot council member. Couldn't be more embarrassed by him.

Donovan

Reaction score
I’m guessing the Bugaloo’s must be the other 5%

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I’m guessing the Bugaloo’s must be the other 5%
The other 5% could very well be members on this board. You better watch yourself here though, this is where JTF comes back at you off the top rope with a poll or information from CNN/WaPo/NY Times to directly refute your 95% number here....

Wally

Reaction score
You shouldn't care. They're just domestic terrorists. Plus a large horde of (mostly white) dumb people who drank the koolaide about how they supposedly care about black lives. They don't care about black lives. [If they did, then why would they be so focused on burning down black-owned businesses?] They just care about terrorism.
How many people do you think started buildings on fire? Maybe 200 in the whole country and that's generous because I bet a few people started many fires each. So obviously that's what all protesters are about.

Next time there is fight at a football game I will just say all football fan are violent hoodlums. Same logic

Spoofin

Reaction score
How many people do you think started buildings on fire? Maybe 200 in the whole country and that's generous because I bet a few people started many fires each. So obviously that's what all protesters are about.

Next time there is fight at a football game I will just say all football fan are violent hoodlums. Same logic
Are you talking just fires? What about other damage? If you want to include looting I saw over 200 on a single night in MPLS just on Kare11. You sound just like the “mostly peaceful” headlines CNN went with.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

How many Nazis do you think gassed the Jews? Maybe 200 total actually flipped the switches in the gas chambers & that's generous because I bet a few of those Nazis flipped many switches each. So obviously that's what all Nazis are about?

Isn't it still fair to say "the Germans killed 6 million Jews"?

Last edited:

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

You always go back to that defense that only a few set the fires. Again is that not the same when people say all cops are bad. They are not all bad a small handful are bad. That doesn’t stop people from wanting to defund the police or walking up to them in Compton and opening fire.

Wally

Reaction score
Are you talking just fires? What about other damage? If you want to include looting I saw over 200 on a single night in MPLS just on Kare11. You sound just like the “mostly peaceful” headlines CNN went with.
I watched many live streams of the riots, it was a small percentage of the crowd that did the damage.

Wally

Reaction score
It's really hilarious that you compare people protesting for equality to the Nazis. There have been instances of pure looting, I would separate those from the protests.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score

Well, I agree that the relationship between <buildings burned down> and <rioters who burned down a building> is most certainly not a one-to-one relationship. You're probably spot on in noting that some arsonists burned down more than one building. I suppose in a few cases it took a couple rioters to burn down some given buildings.

But even given the fact that there are probably a lot of multi-building arsonists, I think your 200 number is still probably way too low. I guess one thing I don't know is how many buildings got burned down in total. I heard a billion dollars of damage in Minneapolis, but have not heard how many actual buildings torched or just damaged.

But you integrate over all big cities in the US and I bet you get thousands of burned buildings. I doubt that each arsonist burned 5 buildings on average. Some were just idiot opportunists getting caught up in the "fun." On the other extreme, it wouldn't surprise me if a few arsonists burned 20 or so. I bet somewhere between 500 and 1,000 people did most of the arson.

> Next time there is fight at a football game I will just say all football fan are violent hoodlums. Same logic

Not sayin that the whole crowd is violent at BLM protests. Go back to my statement that most of them are probably just people who drank the koolaide that BLM is a nice organization that is trying to help stamp out police violence against blacks - which they are not, they are a terrorist organization promoting violent revolution with a desired communist-like end result. Most of the people in the crowd are just wanting that feeling of belonging to a cause, and enjoying the camaraderie of changint "black lives matter" or "all cops are racists" or an almost infinite list of slogans that get progressively ridiculous other than the primary one.

At a football game in which a fight breaks out, that's not the main event, so one shouldn't call it a violent football game (unless one dislikes football in general). But equally ridiculous is leftist journalists caught on film describing it as "mostly peaceful protest" with towering flames of burning buildings in the background, and as it turns out, several buildings were torched by the more violent members of the crowd. To call such a "protest" mostly peaceful is tantamount to desrcibing the entire football game as "mostly tackle-less" just because over half the plays were pass plays in which the receiver ran out of bounds.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
I watched many live streams of the riots, it was a small percentage of the crowd that did the damage.
Agreed. I watched quite a bit of footage too, mostly of the Portland ones. It's quite fascinating to watch actually. They seemed to have a handful of designated people to perform various tasks of various natures, some maybe violent but many roles are just support roles. Some just have the role of spray-painting swear words and various epithets about police. In Portland there the (probably) veteran with apparent loss-of-legs in the wheelchair, and his role is to wheel up to the police and badger them and taunt them.

So yeah, most of the violence done by maybe 5% of the crowd. The other 95% think they're being righteous, when actually they are just being stupid, essentially vacuous craniums that have sucked in all the propaganda and bought into it without questioning it, perhaps some because they just don't have the mental capacity to analyze it, and some are just plain crazy, and others are just to lazy to do their own thinking, and so prefer pre-packaged nonsense just like some people just love a Burger King Whopper.

And the funniest thing to me is that, almost but not quite, there's seemingly more people doing streaming video than camera-less protesters/rioters. To a certain extent the camera people are also protesters. Some use the "journalist" tag as a cover. The police let them walk alongside the police as they push the rank-and-file protestors down the street. There's almost a sort-of colleague compact between the police and journalists/camera-folk (but in some cases, not). In some cases the video streamers will straight-up argue with the police that the city passed a resolution such that the journalists didn't have to move when a riot is declared. In reality, some kind of compromise was implicitly brokered between the video-streamers and the police. Some of the video-streamers are quite dedicated, and out there every night.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
It's really hilarious that you compare people protesting for equality to the Nazis. There have been instances of pure looting, I would separate those from the protests.
Almost all the looters are just there out of self-interest. The text goes out, "come on let's get us a TV."

It's a symbiotic relationship. The well-intentioned but badly informed protesters provide cover for both the pure anarchists and arsonists, as well as cover for the self-interested looters. It's like a self-organizing sub-society of un-civil wackos existing within civil society, and pissing off civil society. Some people are part of normal civil society on most days, but go to join the protests on other days, especially if they're pretty sure it will be a non-violent protest, or else (like in Portland and Seattle) they just attend during the daytime and get the heck out before it turns violent after midnight.

I'm sure that some day some sociologists will write books about how the sociology of 2020 protests/riots differs from the sociology of 1968/1969 protests/riots.

Wally

Reaction score
Almost all the looters are just there out of self-interest. The text goes out, "come on let's get us a TV."

It's a symbiotic relationship. The well-intentioned but badly informed protesters provide cover for both the pure anarchists and arsonists, as well as cover for the self-interested looters. It's like a self-organizing sub-society of un-civil wackos existing within civil society, and pissing off civil society. Some people are part of normal civil society on most days, but go to join the protests on other days, especially if they're pretty sure it will be a non-violent protest, or else (like in Portland and Seattle) they just attend during the daytime and get the heck out before it turns violent after midnight.

I'm sure that some day some sociologists will write books about how the sociology of 2020 protests/riots differs from the sociology of 1968/1969 protests/riots.
The wonders of social media.

Spoofin

Reaction score
As I said, you have the “mostly peaceful protests” CNN headline down pat.

You have some comrades on here that agree with you - there really wasn’t much of an issue, these businesses have insurance anyway, small price to pay for “the cause”. All you have to do is blame the violence on WS and you are a full member.

Wally

Reaction score
As I said, you have the “mostly peaceful protests” CNN headline down pat.

You have some comrades on here that agree with you - there really wasn’t much of an issue, these businesses have insurance anyway, small price to pay for “the cause”. All you have to do is blame the violence on WS and you are a full member.
I watched them live streamed did you?
Most people were just watching.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Turns out, the LA Sheriffs that shot the black young man a couple weeks ago was totally justified judging by two video angles.

Dude was picking up his handgun that he dropped. Had numerous previous weapons charges and a long record that the Sheriff deputies didn’t know about at the time.

Big surprise.

If you drop your illegal handgun when deputies are attempting to question you, don’t pick it up.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Didn't feel like going through all the pages... anyone see the coverage on the CVS protest in Georgetown? All because an employee called the cops on two guys shoplifting, who were then let go by police. CVS had to close for 5 hours which possibly prevented people from being able to pick up prescription medicine. BLM supports criminals, BLM says looting is reparations, BLM extorts businesses ran by Cuban immigrants and their leaders support all of it. "Revolution, nothing less" is what they say. Word is they are even getting funding from a state-owned chinese company. I'm not sure if that is any worse than the money they are already getting from NAZI collaborator George Soros. They are a terror org hiding behind a social justice message. They do not care about equality, only gaining power and influence. I just hope they realize they are being used by the powers that be before it is too late for all of us. I have probably repeated a ton of talking points already used in this thread, but I got bored on the basketball board 😅

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
Didn't feel like going through all the pages... anyone see the coverage on the CVS protest in Georgetown? All because an employee called the cops on two guys shoplifting, who were then let go by police. CVS had to close for 5 hours which possibly prevented people from being able to pick up prescription medicine. BLM supports criminals, BLM says looting is reparations, BLM extorts businesses ran by Cuban immigrants and their leaders support all of it. "Revolution, nothing less" is what they say. Word is they are even getting funding from a state-owned chinese company. I'm not sure if that is any worse than the money they are already getting from NAZI collaborator George Soros. They are a terror org hiding behind a social justice message. They do not care about equality, only gaining power and influence. I just hope they realize they are being used by the powers that be before it is too late for all of us. I have probably repeated a ton of talking points already used in this thread, but I got bored on the basketball board 😅
Easy, Big Fella.

golf

Reaction score
Since you have been a stranger to this board allow me to educate you:
- BLM is a peaceful organization. The mayhem going on in our country this summer is due to outside agitators and white supremacists.
- The media is unbiased. White house press corps, media news networks, npr, academia, hollywood, tech media, big newspapers play it down the middle.. Centrist Brian Stelter reminds us that the media is actually biased for Trump.
- A University of Southampton study found the WHO's mishandling of the china virus increased the death rate 20 fold. China disappeated whistleblowers.
Cuomo returned cv patients to care facilities. In late February Pelosi told san franciscans to get together in china town and celebrate the chinese new year. Mid february deblasio told new yorkers to not avoid riding subways. On march 9, dr. FaUci said that cruises were ok. Cuomo declined ordering ventilators in 2015. None of this matters as the cv deaths are 100% trump's fault as Biden reminds us.
- The nba will threaten to shut down its league for social justice, but will defend china regarding its treatment of uighurs and hong kong. This is not hypocritical.
- Trump's policy successes : economy, middle east successes, record unemployment, cutting deeply into $500 billion money transfer away from working class due to illegal immigration, prison reform, support for black colleges, challenging china, revivong the military, impressive growth for wages of lower class, boom in energy sector.An amazing first term but all of these are not important because of trump 's personality flaws. Thus he is actually the worst president ever.
- Despite Biden's cringe worthy interviews and inability to string thoughts together, trump is actually the one close to dementia.

At any rate, this information is a good primer to help you as you get started on the OTB. Welcome.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
Since you have been a stranger to this board allow me to educate you:
- BLM is a peaceful organization. The mayhem going on in our country this summer is due to outside agitators and white supremacists.
- The media is unbiased. White house press corps, media news networks, npr, academia, hollywood, tech media, big newspapers play it down the middle.
- Trump's policy successes : economy, middle east successes, record unemployment, cutting deeply into $500 billion money transfer away from working class due to illegal immigration, prison reform, support for black colleges, challenging china, revivong the military, impressive growth for wages of lower class, boom in energy sector.An amazing first term but all of these are not important because of trump 's personality flaws. Thus he is actually the worst president ever.
- Despite Biden's cringe worthy interviews and inability to string thoughts together, trump is actually the one close to dementia.

At any rate, this information is a good primer to help you as you get started on the OTB. Welcome.
Nailed it.

MNGopher23

Reaction score
Wait, the lady in the first video is complaining that he is recording them... yet she is doing the exact same thing? My brain can't comprehend that logic.

Second, she is complaining that they will dox her? That has been the lefts bread and butter move since the beginning. Again, rules for thee but not for me.

Top Bottom