Black lives matter

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I have said not all police are bad. You just choose not to read it.

I actually have more of an issue with what's acceptable for police to do than individual cops mmmkay. I also think there needs to be some mechanism to get bad cops out if policing which is practically impossible. I have seen cops do bad thing hmm maybe that has jaded me just like the police are jaded...
You wrote in a previous thread that cops are a problem for everyone. Sounds like you think all cops are bad.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Remind me why I am supposed to care about blm and their cause?
This is in my "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" category. It reminds me of the Westboro Baptist Church kooks years ago who would stand outside the funerals of gays who'd died from AIDS and shout "God hates f*gs!". Same brand of evil.

The obvious difference was Westboro was widely denounced by the right, wasn't killing people, looting, burning down cities, setting arson fires all over the Pacific NW, didn't have hundreds of millions of corporate money flowing into their coffers, didn't have a national platform to spew their hate on cable TV news every night & the NFL players didn't join their cause.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I have said not all police are bad. You just choose not to read it.

I actually have more of an issue with what's acceptable for police to do than individual cops mmmkay. I also think there needs to be some mechanism to get bad cops out if policing which is practically impossible. I have seen cops do bad thing hmm maybe that has jaded me just like the police are jaded...
We have seen many cops fired after incidents, sometimes questionably fired. And, command staff that oversaw those police.

How many teachers have we seen fired for being bad teachers? Ever.

MNGopher23

Reaction score
The knife wielding criminal has a long history of violence. Most of the media will change that to he was very active in the community and worked with others to better themselves.
Pretty soon his name will be on the back of NBA jerseys and his face on murals around the city.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
These BLM whack jobs are so drunk on violence & power, backed by the Democrats & their corporate allies that there's literally no difference anymore between justified & unjustified police shootings.

scools12

Reaction score
Other than that whack job BadGopher trying to blame Trump and Wally trying to justify the ambush of police officers the liberals are unusually quiet on this.

Wally

Reaction score
We have seen many cops fired after incidents, sometimes questionably fired. And, command staff that oversaw those police.

How many teachers have we seen fired for being bad teachers? Ever.
Union gets most of them back.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
These BLM whack jobs are so drunk on violence & power, backed by the Democrats & their corporate allies that there's literally no difference anymore between justified & unjustified police shootings.
The circumstances no longer matter at all. This only justifies and normalizes the animosity and aggression towards police officers by black men when they're stopped/questioned. Which in turn leads to more black men being shot.

Literally the only thing that matters anymore is the color of the people involved.

How many black lives could have been saved if the message has been "don't wield a knife, gun, car, or other deadly weapon when questioned by the police"? But that doesn't fit the narrative...actual lives are not important, rather the narrative must be fulfilled.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Think what you will. I know two good ones.
I can only go on what you have been writing. They are a problem for everyone and there are more dangerous jobs... It doesn't sound good from your perspective. I'm glad you know a couple of good ones at least. Most are.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The circumstances no longer matter at all. This only justifies and normalizes the animosity and aggression towards police officers by black men when they're stopped/questioned. Which in turn leads to more black men being shot.

Literally the only thing that matters anymore is the color of the people involved.

How many black lives could have been saved if the message has been "don't wield a knife, gun, car, or other deadly weapon when questioned by the police"? But that doesn't fit the narrative...actual lives are not important, rather the narrative must be fulfilled.
Post of the year material!

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Almost every police officer MPLS tries to fire gets reinstated thru arbitration, look it up.
This is why I'm against public sector unions. Cops, teachers, air traffic controllers, paper pushers at the DMV, or the county welfare office. All of them. If they're bad public servants, they should be held accountable, not defended by a public union working against the people the workers have chosen to serve.

Wally

Reaction score
This is why I'm against public sector unions. Cops, teachers, air traffic controllers, paper pushers at the DMV, or the county welfare office. All of them. If they're bad public servants, they should be held accountable, not defended by a public union working against the people the workers have chosen to serve.
They can have a union and still not have as much immunity from firing, not sure exactly how to go about it tho. I was in a Union in the past, Trades, and it sure didn't protect you from losing your job...

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
They can have a union and still not have as much immunity from firing, not sure exactly how to go about it tho. I was in a Union in the past, Trades, and it sure didn't protect you from losing your job...
Or...you can keep limited immunity and get rid of the union. Much better solution.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
BLM is one of the most morally depraved political movements in American history. Rarely have we seen a group that is so cartoonishly evil with no redeeming qualities at all. They have no valid points. They should not be listened to or respected. They deserve scorn and only scorn.

Wally

Reaction score
Or...you can keep limited immunity and get rid of the union. Much better solution.
If possible, who is to say the whole force doesn't strike. Workers have a right to form a union. No easy answer to this one.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Did I miss it or did the NFL put the dead 5 year old boy who was murdered on helmets?

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Well, the black life that filmed that selfie + inspiring commentary on the attempted assassination of two police officers, certainly matters - at least to somebody, anyway. Maybe his mom? Nah. I suspect his mom gave up on him long ago.

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
Remind me why I am supposed to care about blm and their cause?
You shouldn't care. They're just domestic terrorists. Plus a large horde of (mostly white) dumb people who drank the koolaide about how they supposedly care about black lives. They don't care about black lives. [If they did, then why would they be so focused on burning down black-owned businesses?] They just care about terrorism.

Last edited:

golfing18now

Reaction score
A university student and sorority sister was among eight arrested Sunday and slapped with $1 million bails each on the first night of the Black Lives Matter-Antifa protests in Lancaster, Pa.

Nice to see the violence get shut down in a day after authorities actually treat these people like they should have been treated all along, as criminals. Result -- one day of "protests". Of course, this "protester" was likely just providing medical services as her GoFundMe bio suggests.

Spoofin

Reaction score
A university student and sorority sister was among eight arrested Sunday and slapped with $1 million bails each on the first night of the Black Lives Matter-Antifa protests in Lancaster, Pa.

Nice to see the violence get shut down in a day after authorities actually treat these people like they should have been treated all along, as criminals. Result -- one day of "protests". Of course, this "protester" was likely just providing medical services as her GoFundMe bio suggests.
Wait. Trying to stop the violence helps stop the violence? Who would have known.

Meanwhile, in Portland, Democratic leader's top aides are participating in the violence.

Top Bottom