Black lives matter

Blizzard

Reaction score
Not good news then for the people who want McMichael to be charged with murder.
It was Mark O'Mara on CNN that did the interview. They'll charge McMichael with what they feel is appropriate. If O'Mara is correct in his application of the law they'll have a tough time on the jury.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I'm also curious why no one will answer the question I keep asking: If McMichael broke no law, should be convicted of a crime anyhow? Is that what people would like to see happen?
They did break laws, of course. Silly hypothetical.

"I'm also curious why no one will answer the question I keep asking: if Timothy McVeigh broke no laws, should he be convicted of a crime anyhow?"

Goldteam

Reaction score
They did break laws, of course. Silly hypothetical.

"I'm also curious why no one will answer the question I keep asking: if Timothy McVeigh broke no laws, should he be convicted of a crime anyhow?"
What laws did they break? Be specific! I'm still missing it.

Goldteam

Reaction score
In this case "his gun" or "the gun" are the same thing. It is interesting to think that you could try to disarm a cop and then claim you were struggling for "the gun", not "his gun", but that's a different conversation.
You can't use cop comparisons. The laws are apparently different with the police than us regular folks..

Goldteam

Reaction score
They're guilty of manslaughter. This is the only response you get today. Limiting you to one a day.
Not if they were charged by someone.

Again, if the police draw guns, and are charged, are they guilty of manslaughter, also?

Unless there are totally different laws for each, the answer is no.

They are not guilty of manslaughter because you think they should not have brought guns.

You get one today, too. What you think is not the law.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
I'm also curious why no one will answer the question I keep asking: If McMichael broke no law, should be convicted of a crime anyhow? Is that what people would like to see happen?
Starting a confrontation with someone....and attempting to detain them unlawfully using a firearm as means of intimidation? Definitely some laws broken there. And definitely shatters any claim to self defense in that case. At that point....the self defense angle becomes much more relevant for Arbery.

howeda7

Reaction score
The jury has to decide what a reasonable person would have done in this circumstance. A reasonable person wouldn't have done this.

howeda7

Reaction score
Let's just say you're right for the sake of argument. It still has nothing to do with the self defense portion of the shooting. What you seem to be saying is McMichael should be charged with unlawful detention? Would that outcome satisfy you?
Unlawful detention and manslaughter. I don't think it's murder, but he negligently caused a death.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The jury has to decide what a reasonable person would have done in this circumstance. A reasonable person wouldn't have done this.
If McMichael's not guilty of a crime, do you want him imprisoned anyway?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Unlawful detention and manslaughter. I don't think it's murder, but he negligently caused a death.
He fired in self defense, so it's not manslaughter. You might....might....have a case for unlawful detention, well actually attempted unlawful detention.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
You're argument is illogical. If he goes to jail it's because a jury found him guilty of a crime. Period.
Way to avoid the question. I'll pose it again. If he's not guilty of a crime...do you want him to go to prison anyhow?

howeda7

Reaction score
Way to avoid the question. I'll pose it again. If he's not guilty of a crime...do you want him to go to prison anyhow?
Based on what I know about this, I would vote guilty if I were on the jury. If the rest of the jury did not agree, then no he should not go to jail.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Based on what I know about this, I would vote guilty if I were on the jury. If the rest of the jury did not agree, then no he should not go to jail.
Was that so hard? If he didn't break the law, then he shouldn't go to prison.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
If being attacked, & punched in the face while your attacker tries to get your gun from you isn't self defense, what would be self defense?
I believe it would NOT be self defense until anal penetration is achieved by the aggressor. At THAT point, all bets are off

Goldteam

Reaction score
Of all the stupid reaches you're famous for, this might take the cake. Lynching, lol
What's his nuts has already said they didn't intend to shot him.

That equates to a lynching I guess.

Hell, Trump is Hitler.

You can't ever say demtards aren't slightly dramatic and stupid.

Goldteam

Reaction score
The point being that these guys are big and tough when they're snuffing the life out of an unarmed man, but they'll be bawling in the courtroom when they're sentenced like the pussies they really are.
That's what they get for lynching someone.

Goldteam

Reaction score
Is there a new video out showing him capable of coming at a cop? Does anyone know? I have been told that he would never do that. Stupid scenario and would never happen according to the smart people. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Arbery cop stop 2017. Certainly wasn't shying away from conflict with the police.

Goldteam

Reaction score
He gets in the car and leaves and nothing comes of this, but he runs up on the officer. The officer was treating him nicely. He loses his temper though. Something of which he would never do in earlier posts.

Ok, let's hear it geniuses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom