Black lives matter

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
We have the video and the testimony of the guy who followed them (their neighbor).
Oh, the one at the very end where someone charges people with guns from a distance, runs around the truck and tries to grab it away.

The one where they are legally holding guns?

That one?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Oh, the one at the very end where someone charges people with guns from a distance, runs around the truck and tries to grab it away.

The one where they are legally holding guns?

That one?
The one showing them provoking Arbery by unnecessarily brandishing their guns.

stocker08

Reaction score
So the police corner him, have guns, he charges them, gets shot......and this would be a non-story!

It would be 10 times worse. The police would be racist for the shooting of a UNARMED black jogger.

Pure Sunday entertainment!
Wrong. Police would have a reason to be there. A bunch of armed rednecks cornering a black man and shooting him....they have no defense. Self-defense surely doesn't hold.

Pure Sunday stupidity. Thanks golddunce.

stocker08

Reaction score
MplsGopher said:
Glad you agree he would not have charged a uniformed police officer.

Thank You!
How do you know that?

Trayvon did and that mattered little.
Trayvon did not charge a uniformed police officer. Zimmerman was a wannabe watchman. Another stupid gun toting vigilante.

Good god.....at least get these details correct.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
What did Arbery have to gain by attacking an armed man?
There is evidence that he was shot first, before the attack started.

When he first goes around the truck on the right side, it is believed they shot him in the chest. THEN he rushed the guy, who shot him again.

If this scenario can be proven, I think you’ve got a chance to get murder charges to stick.

stocker08

Reaction score
There is evidence that he was shot first, before the attack started.

When he first goes around the truck on the right side, it is believed they shot him in the chest. THEN he rushed the guy, who shot him again.

If this scenario can be proven, I think you’ve got a chance to get murder charges to stick.
Well he was shot THREE times....so it certainly lends credibility to thought that he was shot prior to the attack.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
What did Arbery have to gain by attacking an armed man?
There's no way to know that, plus I don't see how it's relevant?

What is relevant is, could McMichael have believed that the man who attacked him, was punching him in the face & trying to take his gun from him, might use that weapon against him if he got control of it? Most people would say "absolutely".

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

What is relevant is, could McMichael have believed that the man who attacked him, was punching him in the face & trying to take his gun from him, might use that weapon against him if he got control of it? Most people would say "absolutely".
It’s absolutely relevant.My original point was that Arbery may have felt he didn’t have a choice but to do something because he felt his life was in danger. Otherwise, why else would he try attacking a man that’s pointing a gun at him?

GopherNE

Reaction score

When both parties play the feared for my life card who wins? What's the tie breaker?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
When both parties play the feared for my life card who wins? What's the tie breaker?
I'm no lawyer, but I'm going to guess that the party that was in the process of committing a felony will almost always, always lose the tiebreaker

GopherNE

Reaction score
I'm no lawyer, but I'm going to guess that the party that was in the process of committing a felony will almost always, always lose the tiebreaker
Irrelevant. He charged the other guy because he feared for his life to disarm him. Also no lawyer.

Maybe they each need to prove how scared they were. Then we can finally run this excuse to its conclusion and change the law.

stocker08

Reaction score
What party was in the process of committing a felony....and what was the felony? Are you talking about manslaughter? That's the only one that I can think of here.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Irrelevant. He charged the other guy because he feared for his life to disarm him. Also no lawyer.

Maybe they each need to prove how scared they were. Then we can finally run this excuse to its conclusion and change the law.
That's your projection. It could just as easily be that he charged McMichael because he was a violent thug who didn't want to go back to jail, so he intended to kill McMichael.

Honest question for you: If McMichael didn't break the law, do you want to see him convicted of some serious crime anyhow?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Aren’t you creative and smart enough to own libs without being a total asshole? Seems like the easy way out. Innovate, man! Use that noggin!
I already did. He wasn't getting it, so I had to dumb it down for him.

I'm not happy Arbery was killed. I don't think he "deserved to die". I'm just pointing out that it appears the shooter didn't break the law. People are frustrated, so they're trying to gin up some angle to get McMichael on, but the truth is it's the law they don't like. They're just emotional right now & not able to think clearly.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I already did. He wasn't getting it, so I had to dumb it down for him.

I'm not happy Arbery was killed. I don't think he "deserved to die". I'm just pointing out that it appears the shooter didn't break the law. People are frustrated, so they're trying to gin up some angle to get McMichael on, but the truth is it's the law they don't like. They're just emotional right now & not able to think clearly.
There's only one thing that is a problem for you: I'm confident you will be proven wrong. You are correct that there's nuance about citizen's arrest that are archaic and vigilante-supporting. Your purposely provocative statements aren't going to cover you this time though.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
I'll give you a couple examples, all Affirmative Action laws and government set asides for minority owned businesses.
Oh good point, but that doesn’t actually benefit white people at all. I shouldn’t have said vice versa.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
He would have never done that if it was police. That's the difference.

But you're just making that up anyway, so it doesn't matter.
How do you know he wouldn’t have charged an officer if he felt threatened or busted? You know where that guy draws the line? I’ve seen many cases where the person stopped by the cops charges at the cops. either to take their gun, or to strike the cop.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
Trayvon did not charge a uniformed police officer. Zimmerman was a wannabe watchman. Another stupid gun toting vigilante.

Good god.....at least get these details correct.
Just gotta specify here, Zimmerman was not white. I know, the media kept trying to paint him out to be white and a lot of people still think he’s white to this day. But he’s not. He’s Latino.

okay that is all

stocker08

Reaction score
Just gotta specify here, Zimmerman was not white. I know, the media kept trying to paint him out to be white and a lot of people still think he’s white to this day. But he’s not. He’s Latino.

okay that is all
I realize that this is the black lives matter thread. But I was specifically referring to the Zimm case in reference to the Arbery case. Goldfraud said that Zimm was a uniformed officer.

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
I realize that this is the black lives matter thread. But I was specifically referring to the Zimm case in reference to the Arbery case. Goldfraud said that Zimm was a uniformed officer.
Yeah Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy, not a police officer, that was following a guy wearing a hood through a gated community, so he decided to follow said hooded figure to see if he was up to no good. Then said hooded figure felt threatened by Zimmerman following him, confronted Zimmerman, pounded the crap out of Zimmerman’s face, and Zimmerman then shot him.

Top Bottom