Black lives matter

gopherhoopsguy

Reaction score
I am not a big believer of this group at all. But isn't this what this group represents unjust for the black community.

U have 6 players who were not involved at all what so ever and a university who is lumping them them in with a so called rap accusation with those other 4 guys.

The U is ruining reputations of 6 young men who are trying to get a education and better themselves. Trying to kick them out of school, suspend them, pull scholarships of these 6 young men. This is unjust to reputations and should sue for millions!

U2Gopher

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything that says these 6 guys were not involved whatsoever. That is actually the problem here. We don't know what those 6 did because they r hiding behind privacy laws. I am GUESSING that those 6 are involved with what the EOAA is considering harassment of the girl after the fact. If that is indeed what happened, then those 6 violated the student code of conduct and r subject to this punishment. If that is what happened, u could argue it is too harsh, and I might even agree with u, but it doesn't mean the shouldn't pay a price for their actions. I just don't see where BLM should be involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougMN

Reaction score
I fail to see how the title of this thread and your opinion of Black Lives Matters relates to this situation.

+100 to Maximus.

oleboy41

Reaction score
The people that can't grasp that the 'group' Black Lives Matter was loosely formed specifically as a response to police violence against black people are truly the worst. Its not a hard concept to understand.

Deleted_User

Reaction score

Another decent human being slaughtered for not being white. Okay, white guys, what are we going to do to stop our fellow white guys from continuing to slaughter black people? I am so sick of this shit. The man was murdered for jogging in his own neighborhood! I hope the two white guys get the death penalty and fry, fry, fry and die horribly.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Please move this thread to the off topic board. It is an important subject but has no relation to football at this point.

WriterGoph

Reaction score

Another decent human being slaughtered for not being white. Okay, white guys, what are we going to do to stop our fellow white guys from continuing to slaughter black people? I am so sick of this shit. The man was murdered for jogging in his own neighborhood! I hope the two white guys get the death penalty and fry, fry, fry and die horribly.
Shouldn't be long now before young mjfelton15 comes on and tells us there is no difference between being black and white in America

PitinoFan

Reaction score
Get this shit out of here. It has no place in a football forum.

Goldteam

Reaction score

There is an idiot white who is going to shoot a black on occasion, very rare. There is a black who is going to shoot a black by the minute.

I've never understood how this all pieces together other than to separate the races.

There are idiots on drugs, who make bad choices, and do beyond stupid shit. This guy just did.

Section2

Reaction score

White saviors are problematic so I’m not going to do anything.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
For those who think this should be moved to the OTB: I thought it was the primary thread on BLM. Oops. Found it to resurrect it. Not to make it a football subject. And, I was not the OP.

A significant human being got shot. First reaction of the football community: send it away so their fairy tale football life is not impacted. WTF! Sorry to wreck your sanitary lifestyle with the grim reality of a human being being shot to death. What an inconvenience for everyone. Sorry. Sorry. So, sorry.

Spoofin

Reaction score
For those who think this should be moved to the OTB: I thought it was the primary thread on BLM. Oops. Found it to resurrect it. Not to make it a football subject. And, I was not the OP.

A significant human being got shot. First reaction of the football community: send it away so their fairy tale football life is not impacted. WTF! Sorry to wreck your sanitary lifestyle with the grim reality of a human being being shot to death. What an inconvenience for everyone. Sorry. Sorry. So, sorry.
Oh Dear. Give the drama a rest Dean.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Oh Dear. Give the drama a rest Dean.
No. I don't think this is drama. It is real life and you football fanatics are fanatic to keep your life stain free. No doubt about it poster child.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

Troll the internet?

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score

You can’t put these white guys in jail, as it’s next to impossible to social distance.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Yeah this one is bad. Absolutely crazy they’re not in jail.

Section2

Reaction score

Your article doesn’t really say, but this is early in the justice process right? Decision on grand jury soon? Tragic situation and unacceptable. But until justice fails, what’s the point?

howeda7

Reaction score
Support locking the scum up and throwing away the key.

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score

NY Post who published the article, is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who of course also owns Fox News While NYC is very liberal, The Post is the most conservative of the daily newspapers. The article was written by one of their editors.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Former cop and son running around with loaded rifles in a truck looking for the "perp" of a a string of home robberies. How much value do you think was stolen in those homes in total. Maybe a few hundred to low thousands of dollars in goods. So, they bring out their guns and their pickup and begin to look for the criminal. Along comes the victim, who is running, I would presume for health. He has nothing in his hands. He is running towards the truck. The driver gets out with a shotgun and runs at him and puts the shotgun in his chest. The runner tries to swat it away, but the driver grabs onto his shirt and a struggle ensues. One man fights for survival. The other man fights for control. The third man is grabbing a gun from the bed of the truck.

And, we know how it ends, the driver shoots the victim at point blank range with shot ripping into his gut, mortally wounding him.

There are two glaring facts in this case from the video. The victim was running toward the truck with nothing in his hands. Nothing. There was no visual evidence that he was doing anything but running. And, because he did not turn away from the truck as he approached, he did not have a sense of concern. He had nothing to fear in a normal sense. But, this was no normal day. A retired cop was playing cop without any legal authority to do so. He was not on any police payroll. He was not deputized. He was a vigilante on a mission to stop petty crime.

And, for that moment, the retired cop did his best to kill an innocent black man. The argument that he did it to arrest a suspect (with no evidence whatsoever), assault him without cause, and shoot him without cause, is simply another instance where a cop thinks it is in his rights to administer justice independent of any authority to do so at all. Another case of extra judicial execution.

We live in a redneck nation where violence against the innocent has more legal standing than life, all over a misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment and an arcane notion of justifiable homicide.

Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, equality, egality, fraternity. What a crock of shit. None of those can be applied to what transpired.

It was plain and simple murder. And, the retired cop and his son are walking around free as the day is large.

howeda7

Reaction score
Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, equality, egality, fraternity. What a crock of shit. None of those can be applied to what transpired.

It was plain and simple murder. And, the retired cop and his son are walking around free as the day is large.
I have seen multiple posts on social media today by people saying they take their ID's with them even when they go out for a walk/run because they know they might get stopped for "being in the wrong neighborhood" and have to prove they live there. Or that they always make sure to wear bright, obvious athletic gear so they're not mistaken for anything but someone out for a jog. These are things most of us have never had to think about and never will have to think about. It's not just the tragic cases that occur, it's how they impact millions of other people too.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Do we know who actually took the video?
From what I read on the other articles, they were not clear who posted the video yet and were trying to figure it out. But from everything I read, it seems like if someone had not posted this video, this situation may have just "slipped through the cracks" in Georgia.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Your article doesn’t really say, but this is early in the justice process right? Decision on grand jury soon? Tragic situation and unacceptable. But until justice fails, what’s the point?
Justice did fail until the video went viral. From what I read on NPR, this happened in Feb, and the GBI is now looking into it. DA has the case but can't get to a grand jury before June 12 when Georgia's state of emergency ends.

Section2

Reaction score
Justice did fail until the video went viral. From what I read on NPR, this happened in Feb, and the GBI is now looking into it. DA has the case but can't get to a grand jury before June 12 when Georgia's state of emergency ends.
there are a whole bunch of questions I would want answered before I could determine that justice failed. it's good to apply public pressure. But these kinds of cases are usually used to prove that this stuff happens all the time, rather than being an extremely rare case.

Top Bottom