Bitcoin

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Whichever side of the debate you’re on the comments to Elon’s tweets are comedy gold

Angry

Reaction score
Whichever side of the debate you’re on the comments to Elon’s tweets are comedy gold
Indeed they’re having less and less effect on the market. Which is also hilarious.
Overall powerful world markets will be the last to the party of true accountability. Don’t get me wrong I bled for this country but there’s something about the underdog that I like to root for.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Indeed they’re having less and less effect on the market. Which is also hilarious.
Overall powerful world markets will be the last to the party of true accountability. Don’t get me wrong I bled for this country but there’s something about the underdog that I like to root for.

It’s true markets are rigged against the little guy. However, if you’re actively promoting a scheme, or speculators in this case, that harms retail investors are you part of the problem? There is no free lunch.

Angry

Reaction score
It’s true markets are rigged against the little guy. However, if you’re actively promoting a scheme, or speculators in this case, that harms retail investors are you part of the problem? There is no free lunch.
Idk, I didn’t think I was promoting anything. Apologies to the GH peeps if I was. I see a few people with a vision and a dream that I loaned a few bucks to. Any investing should be done with skepticism. Hell we could wake up tomorrow, and the technology to simulate two small colliding neutron stars and have all the heavy elements we want (In theory). Gold would be worthless overnight.
My view is the crypto market is artificially depressed by news stories of “crypto being used by criminals” that are constantly being pushed by conventional institutions, that rightfully or wrongfully have “trust” in them.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Idk, I didn’t think I was promoting anything. Apologies to the GH peeps if I was. I see a few people with a vision and a dream that I loaned a few bucks to. Any investing should be done with skepticism. Hell we could wake up tomorrow, and the technology to simulate two small colliding neutron stars and have all the heavy elements we want (In theory). Gold would be worthless overnight.
My view is the crypto market is artificially depressed by news stories of “crypto being used by criminals” that are constantly being pushed by conventional institutions, that rightfully or wrongfully have “trust” in them.
I bought a TON of Crypto based on what you posted here.

Angry

Reaction score
I bought a TON of Crypto based on what you posted here.
Lmao! Too the moon!

edit I added a like to your post so your reaction score will impress people like NYC. 🤣 I think that means your stock is rising sir.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
In the event of a national or worldwide catastrophe, or loss of confidence in fiat currencies the mediums of trade and value (for awhile) will be tangible things necessary for life: food, water, flesh, tools, commodities, guns and bullets not Bitcoin. Maybe gold. Perhaps it will be utilized as a highly conductive element suitable to build components necessary to build devices to trade Bitcoin 🙄
Absolutely true. Guns and more importantly bullets top the list. But you aren’t buying a million dollars worth. The wealthy will need a store of value and it’s gold.

LesBolstad

Reaction score

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
👏

Cryptocurrency Is In a New Wild West Phase. Things Are Really, Really Weird​

Rick Asstley, as he’s known on Twitter, first learned about a new cryptocurrency called ASS in mid-April. The 19-year-old college student in Puerto Rico had seen a post featuring the coin’s creator, known online as “Liv,” and liked that she’d spoken directly to the ASS community in a video call—the “transparency” of her showing her face, a rarity among the newest crop of digital tokens, appealed to him. He tuned into the whole GameStop/AMC stock fiasco back in January, which had gotten him interested in crypto. Plus, he said, the coin’s name “sparked joy.” He decided to buy some ASS.

….BSC tokens are also relatively easy to make. You don’t need to be an expert blockchain engineer to create the next ASS—take the creator of the SCAM token, who was transparent about having no idea what he was doing when he paid about $400 and clicked a few buttons to mint the coin. In fact, his candor and humor is what attracted people to the coin. SCAM reached a $70 million market cap (the total snapshot value of all tokens in circulation) after launch and sat at $2.5 million in May, finally sinking to $353,428. “No one told you to buy this shit,” the creator, aTikToker who goes by Dre, previously told Motherboard. “It's called SCAM, you stupid motherfucker.”

…In the meantime, ASS holders like Asstley and Suley are waiting for that $1 billion market cap before pulling their ASS out of the market.

Angry

Reaction score
Reading the article was pretty funny. I imagine these are the same people who wire money to the Nigerian prince they met via email.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Crypto as a concept makes sense. Transaction costs need to be low and It needs to be widely accepted as a form of payment. If those things existed, it could become a store of value. They definitely don’t exist. Which is why I have always preferred gold. You aren’t going broke owning gold, you can physically transfer your wealth to relatives. You can’t forget your password. But it’s not a form of payment, and won’t be until fiat dollars collapse. And then only as a bridge to whatever comes next.

You're confusing the concepts of "store of value" and "medium of exchange." Stores of value don't need to be accepted as a form of payment. You can't go to Wal-Mart or Total Wine and pay in gold or your 401(k).

When ETH goes to proof-of-stake, it's transaction costs will soon drop to nearly nothing and it will become a very viable medium of exchange.

Also your "physical transfer" and "forgetting your password" arguments are simply saying that gold has no digital security risk. On the other hand, if set up correctly, crypto has no physical security risk.

Section2

Reaction score
You're confusing the concepts of "store of value" and "medium of exchange." Stores of value don't need to be accepted as a form of payment. You can't go to Wal-Mart or Total Wine and pay in gold or your 401(k).

When ETH goes to proof-of-stake, it's transaction costs will soon drop to nearly nothing and it will become a very viable medium of exchange.

Also your "physical transfer" and "forgetting your password" arguments are simply saying that gold has no digital security risk. On the other hand, if set up correctly, crypto has no physical security risk.
I don’t think you understood my post. I said it needs to be widely accepted as a form of payment, another way of saying medium of exchange. Stores of value don’t need to be accepted as payment, it’s simply my opinion that Bitcoin needs to get there before I would consider it a decent store of value. Right now, it is essentially a ponzi scheme.

That would be good for ETH.

I’m still not convinced that government couldn’t shut down crypto, and believe me, they will do everything in their power if they could. Gold can be banned but it seems to me not nearly as easily. Crypto has WAY more risks, and the greatest of all is competition. But believe me, I am pulling for crypto to work and love decentralization. I am not betting on any individual winner, just on the space as a whole.

I’m always surprised when progs support crypto. But pleasantly so. Your political leaders are more against crypto than any other issue, even if they’re quiet right now. It is by far the #1 threat to the state.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I don’t think you understood my post. I said it needs to be widely accepted as a form of payment, another way of saying medium of exchange. Stores of value don’t need to be accepted as payment, it’s simply my opinion that Bitcoin needs to get there before I would consider it a decent store of value. Right now, it is essentially a ponzi scheme.

That would be good for ETH.

I’m still not convinced that government couldn’t shut down crypto, and believe me, they will do everything in their power if they could. Gold can be banned but it seems to me not nearly as easily. Crypto has WAY more risks, and the greatest of all is competition. But believe me, I am pulling for crypto to work and love decentralization. I am not betting on any individual winner, just on the space as a whole.

I’m always surprised when progs support crypto. But pleasantly so. Your political leaders are more against crypto than any other issue, even if they’re quiet right now. It is by far the #1 threat to the state.

Gold's value is in no way tied to its practical use. In that way, why is gold any different from BTC? Is gold a ponzi scheme?

Yes, Elizabeth Warren is very anti-crypto and I think she barely understands the space. It doesn't hurt me at all to say that. But note that I'm not necessarily saying crypto is intrinsically a good thing for society, I'm just arguing it's here to stay and as you indicate, very likely to be as disruptive as the PC or internet or mobile phones.

Section2

Reaction score
Gold's value is in no way tied to its practical use. In that way, why is gold any different from BTC? Is gold a ponzi scheme?

Yes, Elizabeth Warren is very anti-crypto and I think she barely understands the space. It doesn't hurt me at all to say that. But note that I'm not necessarily saying crypto is intrinsically a good thing for society, I'm just arguing it's here to stay and as you indicate, very likely to be as disruptive as the PC or internet or mobile phones.
Golds value is absolutely tied to its practical use, this is an embarrassing post that you should delete.

she understands it JTF. She understands what it means for state power and control.

Wally

Reaction score
It should be noted that Elon Musk is not selling any Bitcoin, just not accepting it as payment for Tesla.

My instinct is that Musk is bullish on Bitcoin, and wants to continue receiving billions of dollars in Govt subsidies. Moving Tesla towards Bitcoin, and away from the US dollar was probably not going to make him any friends when handout season came around.

Wow you really think government thinks that deep?
🙄🙄🙄
🤣🤣🤣

Wally

Reaction score
In the event of a national or worldwide catastrophe, or loss of confidence in fiat currencies the mediums of trade and value (for awhile) will be tangible things necessary for life: food, water, flesh, tools, commodities, guns and bullets not Bitcoin. Maybe gold. Perhaps it will be utilized as a highly conductive element suitable to build components necessary to build devices to trade Bitcoin 🙄

You think your gold investment fund will still have value?

You going to trade that gold bar in your safe for food, water or safety?
🤣🤣🤣🤣

How much of your nest egg is invested in prepper goods?

Have you built a defensible fortress to protect those goods?

If not its all meaningless...

Wally

Reaction score

Funny that right wing ****heads hate on a guy who has built a new massive American made car company that produces most of its cars with vastly more domestic components than any other company.

A guy who has done infinitely more for this country than they could even dream of being possible.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't envision people trading gold, in the event of some apocalyptic event. Gold is a fantastic investment vehicle though as it protects your wealth from inflation. Inflation is what kills the middle class & we're seeing it right now.

Silver is a more tradable commodity, due to price, but in terms of barter economy in the event of some prolonged disaster, tampax, coffee, whiskey, weed, food, would all be valuable commodities.

I have food, water, and other neccesities in case of emergency, and so should everyone. Certainly everyone who has a family to take care of. I lived in Latin America for almost 20 years, so I've been through prolonged power outages, hurricanes and earthquakes. Be prepared for emergencies isn't considered kooky by most of the world.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Funny that right wing ****heads hate on a guy who has built a new massive American made car company that produces most of its cars with vastly more domestic components than any other company.

A guy who has done infinitely more for this country than they could even dream of being possible.

Where in the post you quoted is he "hating" on Tesla?

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

I think you have it turned around. Most "right wingers" I know admire most of what Elon has accomplished and will accomplish. The crypto world is politically agnostic in my opinion. It's about making, or not making, money. Not ideology.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I think you have it turned around. Most "right wingers" I know admire most of what Elon has accomplished and will accomplish. The crypto world is politically agnostic in my opinion. It's about making, or not making, money. Not ideology.

Agreed. Most right leaning people I know like Elon Musk.

Wally

Reaction score
Agreed. Most right leaning people I know like Elon Musk.

Most right wingers at least until very recently, have hated the very idea of electric cars.

Progess is being made, righties jumping to say they like Elon Musk, that was completely unthinkable 6 years ago.
😍😍😍

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

Just a year or two away

With all the inherent problems of POS, and given its existence for many years now, what has been the holdup of widespread utilization of POS?

They can’t be literally writing the untested code as we speak. Right? Tech bros have never made promises they can’t deliver on.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Whoosh?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

The great and powerful Elon is thoroughly enjoying this brief moment in time -and his ability to move markets-and I don’t blame him one bit. It is entertaining.

Top Bottom