Bitcoin

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
The issue I have is India has rattled sabres about banning it and who knows what China will do to it. Either of those two could cause a crash if they make a move. I don't think they can tank it, but a big correction of like 30% would seem likely.
Turkey did ban crypto payments last Friday.

Wally

Reaction score
The issue I have is India has rattled sabres about banning it and who knows what China will do to it. Either of those two could cause a crash if they make a move. I don't think they can tank it, but a big correction of like 30% would seem likely.

China just put out a statement in the last few days affirming bitcoin.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Dogecoin is basically designed to fail. But that won't keep goons from pumping it. Sounds like they are going to try to pump it to .69 or as high as a dollar tomorrow. Good luck.
"Pumping it"
==
"Legal" Ponzi scheme?

stocker08

Reaction score
"Pumping it"
==
"Legal" Ponzi scheme?

Nothing illegal about independent investors doing it. Different story when a company is pumping their own stock to boost PPS. Especially if they use that pump to issue new stock. But plenty of really shady stuff goes on when you drop down to pinks and whatnot. I've seen stock prices pumped hard with a barrage of press releases....just in time for lenders restricted shares to become unrestricted and immediately flood the public float and bomb a stock price.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
I'm just joking around. I already started moving some money around to buy more at discounted prices. I'm still up about 30% since I started, even after this dip.

I did however get liquidated when from a futures position when my Theta dipped down to $9.00. My buddy who turned me on to Theta got his hard on that. He'd been pressuring me to leverage my Theta 3x, 5x, whatever. I buckled to his pressure, but luckily only put about $1000 into a 3x contract just to check it out. Still, it cemented my opinion that I'd rather transfer my Theta over to the actual Theta site and stake it for ThetaFuel tokens.

Almost hard not to come out ahead if you just hold and stake. The leveraging terrifies me a bit, and in my current financial position it's probably for the best anyway. I don't want to do any day trading, but some certain short holds seem like easy enough pickings with a little research. I'll probably wait until next bull run to get much into that - don't feel like messing with my tax situation for the rest of this year, at least.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Under the impression that a lot of these bigtime new corporate investors from the mainstream sector would love nothing more than to dump on prices and scare away some of the little guys from getting too big a piece of the pie before it becomes widely adopted and blows up (positively).

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
ETH.X still chugging along. The last big correction was 2037 to 1296
Will be interesting. Looks like it could run a little more.

Attachments

• 2021-05-01-TOS_CHARTS.png
    2021-05-01-TOS_CHARTS.png
    87 KB · Views: 4

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Berkshire Hathaway Vice Chairman Charlie Munger’s distain toward bitcoin has only intensified amid the digital asset’s record run this year.

“Of course I hate the bitcoin success,” the 97-year-old Munger said during a Q&A session at Berkshire’s annual shareholder meeting Saturday. “I don’t welcome a currency that’s so useful to kidnappers and extortionists and so forth, nor do I like just shuffling out of your extra billions of billions of dollars to somebody who just invented a new financial product out of thin air.”

“I think I should say modestly that the whole damn development is disgusting and contrary to the interests of civilization,” said Munger, a legendary investor in his own right.

Warren Buffett, who avoided the initial question on bitcoin earlier, responded to Munger’s answer: “I’m alright on that one.”

The “Oracle of Omaha” said he didn’t want to comment directly on the digital token because he didn’t want to get grief from everyone who is long.

The world’s largest cryptocurrency enjoyed a head-turning rally this year, topping $60,000 apiece in April as involvement from Tesla to major Wall Street banks made bitcoin mainstream. Tesla recently made a $1.5 billion bet on bitcoin and now accepts the digital currency as a method of payment for its cars. Meanwhile, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are looking to offer their wealthy clients some exposure to bitcoin.

Bitcoin last traded above $57,000, up from about $30,000 at the start of 2021, according to Coin Metrics.

Munger has long criticized bitcoin for its extreme volatility and a lack of regulation. At the annual shareholders meeting for Daily Journal in February, Munger said bitcoin is too volatile to serve well as a medium of exchange.

“It’s really kind of an artificial substitute for gold. And since I never buy any gold, I never buy any bitcoin,” Munger said then. “Bitcoin reminds me of what Oscar Wilde said about fox hunting. He said it was the pursuit of the uneatable by the unspeakable,” he added.

stocker08

Reaction score
Dogecoin continues to be a great flip. Up 50% this week. It won't keep up.....but at the same time.....Gamestop is still holding above $150.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Dogecoin continues to be a great flip. Up 50% this week. It won't keep up.....but at the same time.....Gamestop is still holding above $150.
Sold what I had in the .30s and never bought again when it dipped to around .17
Had stopped paying attention to it and missed on it.
Would he been a great flip as you say.
RIOT and MARA look to be on the upswing also.

stocker08

Reaction score
Sold what I had in the .30s and never bought again when it dipped to around .17
Had stopped paying attention to it and missed on it.
Would he been a great flip as you say.
RIOT and MARA look to be on the upswing also.

I sold about 60% today. Plan to sell the remainder in the next day or two. I think it's going to dip a bit. Just a guess. But steam should pick up again leading into Elon Musk hosting SNL next Saturday.

Never expected to make any money with this.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
I sold about 60% today. Plan to sell the remainder in the next day or two. I think it's going to dip a bit. Just a guess. But steam should pick up again leading into Elon Musk hosting SNL next Saturday.

Never expected to make any money with this.
Yeah, guessing it will also.

I hear what you're saying. When I was in it it kept going up and finally doubled from my entry. Went much higher than I thought it would. Didn't have all that much in it, but profit is profit.

This ETH.X is starting to get some outrageous predictions.
Coinpedia has a very optimistic Ethereum (ETH) price prediction, saying the token could see dramatic upswing in prices to reach $10,000 before the end of 2021. They go on to say Ethereum could reach $25,000 by the end of 2022 and $50,000 by the end of 2025.

Seeing is believing.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
When the apocalypse comes who will be left holding the bag (and maintaining the internet) ?

I suppose we shouldn’t care about speculative schemes until financial institutions introduce systemic risk into the mainstream economy with highly leveraged insurance schemes on others gambling bets, er investments.

Top Bottom