Biden Plans Dozens of Executive Orders

ecoperson

Reaction score
Even CNN making an effort to present the data in a more relative way....

On executive actions, Biden is blowing his predecessors out of the water

View attachment 11605

Thanks for sharing. Between January 26 and February 5, Biden has issued 16 EOs. During that same time frame in 2017, the previous administration issued 13 which is a negligible difference. It is obviously far too early to know how Biden will continue to use EOs in the future. We do know that he issued 20 in one day which tells me that he is not shy about using them. Again... most were to rescind those issued by the predecessor. Check back after 3 months and 6 months and I think we might be able to tell more.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Between January 26 and February 5, Biden has issued 16 EOs. During that same time frame in 2017, the previous administration issued 13 which is a negligible difference. It is obviously far too early to know how Biden will continue to use EOs in the future. We do know that he issued 20 in one day which tells me that he is not shy about using them. Again... most were to rescind those issued by the predecessor. Check back after 3 months and 6 months and I think we might be able to tell more.
Who cares? Only you that need to justify Joe and the GT's actions.......

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Cool job regurgitating the CNN/WashPost playbook, verbatim. Well done, young student.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Are the facts wrong?
Let's see Wally. According to this graph, Biden issued 20 EOs that went into effect on January 25th so ECO states, "between January 26 and February 5 he issued 16" --- so what do you think? Technically accurate? Yep. A completely dishonest way to approach it? Yep. EOs issued on January 25th don't count!
Even CNN didn't stoop to that level...
1612808243495.png

MplsGopher

Reaction score
According to this graph, Biden issued 20 EOs that went into effect on January 25th
Only to undo the previous administration's harmful EOs.

Taking out those 20, he's right on track.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Let's see Wally. According to this graph, Biden issued 20 EOs that went into effect on January 25th so ECO states, "between January 26 and February 5 he issued 16" --- so what do you think? Technically accurate? Yep. A completely dishonest way to approach it? Yep. EOs issued on January 25th don't count!
Even CNN didn't stoop to that level...
View attachment 11620
The CNNDS is reaching critical levels for you.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The problem with this discussion is that it doesn't differentiate whatsoever between EOs that are implementations of laws already on the books vs EOs that are ways around the law.

Where is the detailed argument that the EOs are not simply manifestations of the responsibilities Congress has given the Exec Branch?

Wally

Reaction score
Ummmmm, I was giving CNN credit for being more honest about it than ECO was.
This BIASED media being honest. Who woulda guessed.

I have said what I think about presidential power(to much). Let me know about an EO you find problematic and I will comment on it. I really don't see a point in discussing numbers over substance.

ecoperson

Reaction score
Ummmmm, I was giving CNN credit for being more honest about it than ECO was.
Just the facts, ma'am... I explained what the line chart shows. I didn't lie. Using your logic, should we all have been frothing at the mouth that 45 issued 1 EO on January 24 of last year. "Oh no... none of the other presidents have done that... he is going to ruin the country!" And 45 issued 3 more on January 25 putting him in uncharted territory as both Obama and Bush still hadn't issued even one by then!

My whole point is that you need to check back in 3 months or 6 months to see if this is a trend or just an Average Joe doing extraordinary things within the first couple of weeks in office. The man had a plan and didn't waste time dicking around. Go Joe Go knew what he needed to do to remove the stink of the EOs that 45 pushed through. He got rid of them immediately. That's leadership. Why dilly dally?

We are now starting with a clean slate and we can judge Biden accordingly.

Honest question... what number of Colt 45's EOs were done to rescind those of Obama? Are we simply playing a game of ping pong here? Rs hit it this way and Ds hit it back?

Spoofin

Reaction score
The man had a plan and didn't waste time dicking around. Go Joe Go knew what he needed to do to remove the stink of the EOs that 45 pushed through. He got rid of them immediately. That's leadership.
Which brings me back to my original point - EOs are no big deal, even great leadership (wow), to some ..... as long as they agree with the policies being set. Now, there are some great principles. Try not to get whiplash.

USAF

Reaction score
Which brings me back to my original point - EOs are no big deal, even great leadership (wow), to some ..... as long as they agree with the policies being set. Now, there are some great principles. Try not to get whiplash.
Once again, point us to your similar outrage over previous EOs.

Yeah, I thought not.

Fraud.

ecoperson

Reaction score
Somewhere early in this thread, I explained that I do NOT agree with the concept of EOs. My honest question from my last post remains unanswered... how many of 45s EOs were simply to reverse course on Obama's? If we are just see-sawing back and forth between administrations, as I fear, the EOs are likely deterring government from doing their job and certainly do not act to steer the country in any discernible direction. If the EOs are creative examples of leadership in the face of a dysfunctional Congress that merely sits on their hands, I am at least a little more supportive.

ecoperson

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I knew that the vast majority of EOs from Biden were revocations of 45s but this does illustrate the point. This graph coupled with the graph above suggests that 45 actually established MORE standalone EOs than Biden. No one was crying then... no one should be crying now.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I knew that the vast majority of EOs from Biden were revocations of 45s but this does illustrate the point. This graph coupled with the graph above suggests that 45 actually established MORE standalone EOs than Biden. No one was crying then... no one should be crying now.
1. Proving my point once again that EOs are OK as long as you agree with them. Those on Jan 25th don’t count. Those reversing Trumps don’t count. We are in looney bird land now.

2. Plenty of people were crying then. All the comrades. Trump was a “dictator”. How soon we forget and how soon some can change their beliefs when it suits them. Sad.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
1. Proving my point once again that EOs are OK as long as you agree with them. Those on Jan 25th don’t count. Those reversing Trumps don’t count. We are in looney bird land now.

2. Plenty of people were crying then. All the comrades. Trump was a “dictator”. How soon we forget and how soon some can change their beliefs when it suits them. Sad.
Ecosport dishonesty approaching justnofacts / justthelies.....

Wally

Reaction score

Please explain how you can run the Executive Branch without Executive Orders...

You think every decision should go to Congress? Obviously nothing could get done.

Congress always has the option of legislation to nullify any executive order.

I agree the president has to much power but I don't have a workable plan to change that. Do you?

Yes I hated many of Trumps. Mostly because I care about the environment. I would welcome a smart reasonable center right conservative.

ecoperson

Reaction score

Show me a bunch of crybaby 'comrades' that started a thread to track 45's EOs? Show me and I will gladly eat crow. Show me that 45's EOs weren't power grabs aimed at benefiting the few to the detriment of what the majority of American believe and wish for this country and I will happily refrain from posting on this subject again.

ecoperson

Reaction score
Ecosport dishonesty approaching justnofacts / justthelies.....
Where did I lie? Read any of my posts in this thread and tell me. I said from the get go that I didn't like EOs. I then commented that the majority of Biden's EOs were to reverse 45's EOs. Was I wrong? I then noted that if you take out the reversals that your hero actually did more unilateral EOs than Biden. Is that wrong?

You people are so used to ignoring facts that you can't get out of your own way.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
Show me a bunch of crybaby 'comrades' that started a thread to track 45's EOs? Show me and I will gladly eat crow. Show me that 45's EOs weren't power grabs aimed at benefiting the few to the detriment of what the majority of American believe and wish for this country and I will happily refrain from posting on this subject again.
Dude - Biden himself referred to ruling with EOs as dictating.
As for the bolded - you just keep proving my point. Over and over and over.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Please explain how you can run the Executive Branch without Executive Orders...

You think every decision should go to Congress? Obviously nothing could get done.

Congress always has the option of legislation to nullify any executive order.

I agree the president has to much power but I don't have a workable plan to change that. Do you?

Yes I hated many of Trumps. Mostly because I care about the environment. I would welcome a smart reasonable center right conservative.
Yes, I get it.
Trump's EOs - Bad
Biden's EOs - Good
OUTRAGE unless you agree with the agenda. You guys just keep proving my point.

Top Bottom