Biden Plans Dozens of Executive Orders

Spoofin

Reaction score
I can’t top Broke’s heroic story of Biden, a democrat, reaching out to other democrats (wow), but I can offer this....

CNN's Janie Boschma compared the executive actions of the last four presidents, and Biden has already issued an entire term's worth of executive actions in a few weeks.

No worries tho, CNN has the answer on why this is necessary and really nothing that we should worry about. All good.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Biden has already issued an entire term's worth of executive actions in a few weeks.
I wasn't aware there was a standard unit already established for number of EO's per term.

Good to learn new things!

stocker08

Reaction score
Spoof doesn't care about the executive actions themselves. In true Trumper fashion...it's easier to attack the number instead.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Exactly my point. It’s no big deal as long as you agree with the agenda. Sad that you have no principles.
What principle is it to demand a newly elected POTUS to issue less than some arbitrary number of EOs?

Wally

Reaction score
Exactly my point. It’s no big deal as long as you agree with the agenda. Sad that you have no principles.
We can argue about executive orders, thats one thing. In general I think the president has way to much power.
The problem is that all sorts of executive descisions need to be made and its not realistic for Congress to make all of them. I don't really have a good solution beyond electing sane trustworthy presidents. I am all ears tho.

USAF

Reaction score
Can you point us to your posts criticizing Trump for his executive orders?

Yeah, I thought not.

You don't even know the meaning of the word principles.

Fraud.

ecoperson

Reaction score
I wasn't aware there was a standard unit already established for number of EO's per term.

Good to learn new things!
You didn't know? It's like timeouts... you only get so many EOs in the first half of your term. EOs do not roll over to the next half, so Coach Biden might as well use them. I just hope that he has some left over when the game clock is running down and we're marching down the field just before half!

Spoofin

Reaction score
You didn't know? It's like timeouts... you only get so many EOs in the first half of your term. EOs do not roll over to the next half, so Coach Biden might as well use them. I just hope that he has some left over when the game clock is running down and we're marching down the field just before half!
Ha Ha Ha. More proof that EOs don’t bother people as long as they fit their agenda. Great points ECO - why should we care that (according to CNN) Biden has done a term’s worth of EOs in just a few weeks. Maybe schoolhouse rock needs to update how things work in 2021 by removing all that BS about how Congress has to approve things. But hey, it’s different this time, these EOs need to happen, Congress is slow, these EOs are super popular, and there are no limits on the number that can be done (chuckle). No biggy, no slippery slope here, nothing to see.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Maybe schoolhouse rock needs to update how things work in 2021 by removing all that BS about how Congress has to approve things.
As you know, EOs have nothing to do with the law.

The executive branch of the federal government carries out actions and agendas, as set by the President. EOs are just a formalized memo.

And in Biden's case, most of the ones he issued are just un-doing ones issued by Trump.

Section2

Reaction score
Hey look! Not a Trump voter Spoof jumps in to shill for Trump.

I'm shocked, shocked!
Is this a shill for Trump? Did Spoof support Trumps EOs? Or is he pointing out how the same actions that prove the last guy was a dictator, suddenly aren’t concerning at all anymore?

USAF

Reaction score
Is this a shill for Trump? Did Spoof support Trumps EOs? Or is he pointing out how the same actions that prove the last guy was a dictator, suddenly aren’t concerning at all anymore?
No. Spoof is demonstrating, for the umpteenth time, what a huge fraud he is.

Gigantic, blatant, and shameless fraud. EOs weren't a problem until his hero got ejected.

He also welches on bets, which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I can't see the post you are responding to (ignore), but considering it is sidekick I can guess. It amazes me what is "shilling for" or "defending" Trump on here. We aren't dealing with the sharpest knives on the tree.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Spoof is very concerned about Trump's EOs being undone. Odd considering he's not a Trump supporter.
Proving my point again on what you wackos view as "defending Trump". Why can't we keep this conversation on Biden and what he is doing and how it is suddenly "OK" and "No big deal" and even "Necessary"?
- If you can make it one day w/o talking about Trump I will stop posting on the tOTB for 31-minutes.

Section2

Reaction score
No. Spoof is demonstrating, for the umpteenth time, what a huge fraud he is.

Gigantic, blatant, and shameless fraud. EOs weren't a problem until his hero got ejected.

He also welches on bets, which shouldn't surprise anyone.
Ah. And you have been consistent in your position on EOs?

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
I can't see the post you are responding to (ignore), but considering it is sidekick I can guess. It amazes me what is "shilling for" or "defending" Trump on here. We aren't dealing with the sharpest knives on the tree.
Speaking of....

"Sharpest knives in the drawer."

WTF you doin' hanging knives on trees?

:ROFLMAO:

*brightest bulbs on the tree.

When you try to insult someone's intelligence, don't be dumber than they are.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Proving my point again on what you wackos view as "defending Trump". Why can't we keep this conversation on Biden and what he is doing and how it is suddenly "OK" and "No big deal" and even "Necessary"?
- If you can make it one day w/o talking about Trump I will stop posting on the tOTB for 31-minutes.
Because......TRUMP!

ecoperson

Reaction score
As I said a couple of weeks ago, if Biden continues at this pace and begins to actually put forth a significant number of EOs that are not simply undoing his predecessor's, I believe your squeals will hold more weight. Right now, it just seems like a bunch of whiny coyotes yipping at the moon.

Here are the numbers for the last eight administrations:
  • President Donald Trump: 220 executive orders (1 Term) - 55 per year
  • President Barack Obama: 276 executive orders (2 Terms) - 35 per year
  • President George W. Bush: 291 executive orders (2 Terms) - 36 per year
  • President Bill Clinton: 364 executive orders (2 Terms) - 46 per year
  • President George Bush Sr: 166 executive orders (1 Term) - 42 per year
  • President Ronald Reagan: 381 executive orders (2 Terms) - 48 per year
  • President Jimmy Carter: 320 executive orders (1 Term) - 80 per year
Unfortunately, presidents are increasingly relying on executive orders due to the inability of Congress to pass legislation. This is not a case where one party does it and another doesn't. Even Ronnie was a frequent issuer of EOs. The concern here isn't the EOs but why Congress is so ineffective. It doesn't help when the Senate Majority Leader wouldn't allow legislation to even come before a vote. That is not appropriate. There is too much power concentrated in that position.

Spoofin

Reaction score
As I said a couple of weeks ago, if Biden continues at this pace and begins to actually put forth a significant number of EOs that are not simply undoing his predecessor's, I believe your squeals will hold more weight. Right now, it just seems like a bunch of whiny coyotes yipping at the moon.

Here are the numbers for the last eight administrations:
  • President Donald Trump: 220 executive orders (1 Term) - 55 per year
  • President Barack Obama: 276 executive orders (2 Terms) - 35 per year
  • President George W. Bush: 291 executive orders (2 Terms) - 36 per year
  • President Bill Clinton: 364 executive orders (2 Terms) - 46 per year
  • President George Bush Sr: 166 executive orders (1 Term) - 42 per year
  • President Ronald Reagan: 381 executive orders (2 Terms) - 48 per year
  • President Jimmy Carter: 320 executive orders (1 Term) - 80 per year
Unfortunately, presidents are increasingly relying on executive orders due to the inability of Congress to pass legislation. This is not a case where one party does it and another doesn't. Even Ronnie was a frequent issuer of EOs. The concern here isn't the EOs but why Congress is so ineffective. It doesn't help when the Senate Majority Leader wouldn't allow legislation to even come before a vote. That is not appropriate. There is too much power concentrated in that position.
Even CNN making an effort to present the data in a more relative way....

On executive actions, Biden is blowing his predecessors out of the water

1612725788256.png

Wally

Reaction score
Or is he pointing out how the same actions that prove the last guy was a dictator
I think I can safely state we had a problem with the substance of the EOs.

As I have said, I do think the president has to much power. However, I am not sure how to go about unwinding that power.

Top Bottom