Biden Plans Dozens of Executive Orders

Spoofin

Reaction score
My guess is that you didn't realize the oil was coming from Canada, and everything since has been hand-waving.
Where did I think it was coming from?
This isn’t some new topic, it has been discussed/debated for many years.
You are choosing to be a tool now.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
At the moment, it's just not possible, because they're so damn physically large and heavy (and fully integrated into the chasis for safety and keeping optimal temperature), but the thing to do would be to swap the battery packs out.

Maybe we'll get there.

Or maybe some other technology will win out, that is zero emissions and similar refill/recharge time as gasoline? I know people have talked for a long time about hydrogen fuel cells.
The answer is hydrogen but that technology is still a long way away. I agree that we need more technological advances in energy producing including what powers cars and trucks. But you can have the pipeline and have the advancements in energy production. It’s Not like the government was building the pipeline, it was being privately built.

I don’t care about the jobs that are needed to build the pipeline, it just seems safer and less energy intensive to use a new pipeline vs trucks, train cars, and the old pipeline.

USAF

Reaction score
I don't consider any to be "the bad stuff" - I consider it to be more expensive.
Even that stuff coming from Canada is twice as expensive if coming by rail than thru the pipeline.
So is getting 830,000 barrels a day for less money helpful or not?
Why does your equation not account for additional oil we could get from Canada?
You don't care about cheaper oil or US jobs. That is your right.
Free advice, spoof: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Wally

Reaction score
The answer is hydrogen but that technology is still a long way away. I agree that we need more technological advances in energy producing including what powers cars and trucks. But you can have the pipeline and have the advancements in energy production. It’s Not like the government was building the pipeline, it was being privately built.

I don’t care about the jobs that are needed to build the pipeline, it just seems safer and less energy intensive to use a new pipeline vs trucks, train cars, and the old pipeline.

Not happening, hydrogen is a storage nightmare.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Not one Biden apologist mentioned the massive job loss. Jamm Jamm Clan.

Angry

Reaction score
Why does "recognizing that there are disputed territories" = "hating Israel?"
Like I said stirring up shit.
They are signaling to hamas hey we got your back. We’ll get you money so you can go back to being terrorist. I’m not sure if we’re going to send it through Iran again or find some other way but hold strong we got you.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Not one Biden apologist mentioned the massive job loss. Jamm Jamm Clan.
Not true. JTF said he “doesn’t get fired up” about losing 3000 jobs because most are temporary. Not sure where the line is or if those 3000 would agree with him. He then told me it had nothing to do with the conversation (even tho I mentioned it in my very first post he quoted). The core.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Aww - you are going with Canadian oil is foreign oil. See, I knew you were playing a game.
You got me JTF. I was refering to oil we get shipped to the Gulf and should have been more precise with what I meant by "foreign", because - sure enough - Canada is not America.
Of course, you knew what I meant, but..... To. The. Core.

Canada is very much, in fact, America. It's just not the United States.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Canada is very much, in fact, America. It's just not the United States.
This is fun....
In modern English, American generally refers to persons or things related to the United States of America; among native English speakers this usage is almost universal, with any other use of the term requiring specification.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Not true. JTF said he “doesn’t get fired up” about losing 3000 jobs because most are temporary. Not sure where the line is or if those 3000 would agree with him. He then told me it had nothing to do with the conversation (even tho I mentioned it in my very first post he quoted). The core.
So we're both agreed that the Keystone pipeline has nothing to do with independence from foreign oil? Cool

BarnBurner

Reaction score
So we're both agreed that the Keystone pipeline has nothing to do with independence from foreign oil? Cool
Trump took care of dependence. You and joe reversed. Great all justnofacts justthelies

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
This is fun....
In modern English, American generally refers to persons or things related to the United States of America; among native English speakers this usage is almost universal, with any other use of the term requiring specification.

Well then, by all means, continue to do as a plebian might.

stocker08

Reaction score
A) You said said reduced dependence on foreign oil, and then got mad when I said it's all foreign oil. That implied that somehow it's OK to be dependent on Canada, but not OK to be dependent on someone else's oil.

B) Everything I've seen says that the oil that would go through Keystone is already coming through pipelines, just traveling further. I'd be very interested to see numbers.

C) Sure, it's helpful to the oil companies, but it would not make any difference to our oil independence, which is where you started. We're net exporters of oil.

D) Most analyses say the jobs will be temporary while the pipeline is being built. You're right, I don't get too fired up for 3000 temporary jobs. And again, that has nothing to do with being independent from foreign oil.

My guess is that you didn't realize the oil was coming from Canada, and everything since has been hand-waving.

The righties conveniently forget that the crude traveling through the Keystone is earmarked for exportation. Really has little to nothing to do with "energy independence" for the United States. The Keystone XL is a profit making machine for a foreign company with the pollution risk being passed on to folks who live in the areas it travels. The Biden team is absolutely correct in shutting down talks to expand it.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Pretty damn impressive to shitcan a couple 100,000 jobs in the wee hours of your administration. Biden's got some skills. Get that $15/hr minimum wage cranked up and we can REALLY talk about laying people off

MennoSota

Reaction score
17 executive orders by Dictator Joe just today.

Wally

Reaction score
Pretty damn impressive to shitcan a couple 100,000 jobs in the wee hours of your administration. Biden's got some skills. Get that $15/hr minimum wage cranked up and we can REALLY talk about laying people off

There is no proof of that, your pulling shit straight out of your ads, you know it and we know it.

If businesses need workers they hire them or they don't have a business. That's how it works. Tax cuts don't make businesses hire more workers and a minimum wage increase won't eliminate massive amounts of workers. Maybe some, but the economic stimulus of low wage workers having more money in their pocket will likely offset that. Every dollar they make is spent, that's great for the economy. If my family makes an extra 100k next year it gives me a more comfortable retirement but it won't help the economy at all because it won't really change how I live.

stocker08

Reaction score

Forget Canadian oil. AMERICA FIRST! Oh wait.....that ended a couple of days ago for the dotards.....huh?

John Galt

Reaction score
As for Keystone, I don’t think I’ve heard it mentioned for over 4 years.

MennoSota

Reaction score
It's a tradition as old as time itself: members of the out-of-power party remembering that they don't like EOs.
It's as old as FDR. Your hyperbole is not accurate. It is a usurping of balance of power to claim benevolent dictatorship under the excuse of efficiency. It is how we ended up in wars in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. It is how we have entangled ourselves in other nations business when we shouldn't.
Both Democrat and Republican Executive Branch leaders have abused their position via executive orders. Joe is continuing the abuse.

Top Bottom