Biden immigration strategy

MplsGopher

Reaction score
let's allow millions into the Country. And the majority will be unskilled eligible for entitlements.
Millions? Source?

And just because they're eligible doesn't mean they won't be seeking work. Likely jobs that unemployed Americasn aren't willing to do!

You going out in the fields? Didn't think so.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Millions? Source?

And just because they're eligible doesn't mean they won't be seeking work. Likely jobs that unemployed Americasn aren't willing to do!

Source on them taking jobs Americans won't do?
Ridiculous argument. The Democrats immigration policy is insane and hurts the average American. I cannot believe their rank and file members support this.

Wally

Reaction score
If we cant trust research from a 30 yr harvard professor, who is quite likely liberal,

I wouldn't trust an economist farther than I can throw them, just ask deuce.🤣

He does mention lower total economic growth without immigration.

I think there are better ways to raise wages. Immigration is far from the only reason they have stagnated and fallen for many workers.

Wally

Reaction score
American citizens get the shaft again from the Biden admin. Hundreds of thousands out of work, during a pandemic- let's allow millions into the Country. And the majority will be unskilled eligible for entitlements.

Illegals aren't eligible for entitlements. They are the best thing for Social Security as most of them pay taxes.

Wally

Reaction score
The Democrats immigration policy is insane and hurts the average American.

You must think a weaker poorer country helps the average American. I am not advocating unrestricted immigration, but immigration is not an existential threat.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Illegals aren't eligible for entitlements. They are the best thing for Social Security as most of them pay taxes.

Biden promised health care for all illegal aliens, so you're wrong. Also, 99% legal immigrants will be net takers of entitlements. It's just insane policy to continue to allow millions into the country. Not to mention how detrimental it is to our environment and conservation efforts. I thought Democrats were pro environment; guess not.

Wally

Reaction score
Not to mention how detrimental it is to our environment and conservation efforts. I thought Democrats were pro environment; guess not.

Forced sterilization and euthanasia to the rescue!!!!
😎😎😎

golf

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust an economist farther than I can throw them, just ask deuce.🤣

He does mention lower total economic growth without immigration.

I think there are better ways to raise wages. Immigration is far from the only reason they have stagnated and fallen for many workers.

Agree that experts cant be blindly trusted. However seems that the most rigorous research supports that illegal immigration harms the working class. The Natl. Acad. of Sciences National Research Council is well respected. An additional example - a panel of leading economists, demographers, and sociologists researched this issue for them and concluded that illegal immigration does significant damage to the working class. Of course obama and clinton were on board with this as well:

Wally

Reaction score
Immigrants aren't the ones at fault.

“Amazon Has Turned a Middle-Class Warehouse Career Into a McJob.”
In that December 2020 article, Bloomberg reported on how new Amazon warehouses drag down wages in the local area, even though the company is paying more than minimum wage. In New Jersey, for example, warehouse workers were making $24 an hour before Amazon moved in, paying $15 an hour. In 2019, warehouse workers in New Jersey earned about $17.50 per hour.
"In 68 countries where Amazon has opened one of its largest facilities,” Bloomberg notes, “average industry compensation slips by more than 6 percent during the facility's first two years.”

howeda7

Reaction score
Biden promised health care for all illegal aliens, so you're wrong. Also, 99% legal immigrants will be net takers of entitlements. It's just insane policy to continue to allow millions into the country. Not to mention how detrimental it is to our environment and conservation efforts. I thought Democrats were pro environment; guess not.
How are millions still pouring in? Trump fixed it?!?!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yes, it was fixed until 1/26.
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/california/suv-in-crash-came-through-hole-in-border-fence/2537560/

SUV in Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole in Border Fence
frontera.png

Wally

Reaction score
Looks like if you disconnect or cut that top rail you can then easily pull the wall down with a vehicle.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Millions? Source?

That’s part of the problem if you don’t have a job how is there a job you won’t do? Isn’t some sort or employment better than no employment. If you don’t have a job you are not in the position to be turning down work.

Wally

Reaction score
That’s part of the problem if you don’t have a job how is there a job you won’t do? Isn’t some sort or employment better than no employment. If you don’t have a job you are not in the position to be turning down work.

There are many millions of people who could work but don't need to. They are all in a position to turn down work.

Wally

Reaction score
When you say don’t need to why is that?

Inheritance, parents pay their bills, spouse works, social security, savings.

I think those reasons cover basically everyone I know who isn't working.

I don't think we can have a prosperous society without workers.

Wally

Reaction score
When you say don’t need to why is that?

I know your saying welfare. If you don't have kids I don't think there is really any welfare available in this country or its minimal.

I would be fine with long term birthcontrol requirement for welfare with a paid sterilization option.

Probably the bigger group is on the Red State welfare aka Disability.

MennoSota

Reaction score
U.S. border agents detained nearly 100,000 migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border in February, according to two people familiar with preliminary figures, the highest monthly total since a major border surge in mid-2019.

The figures, which have not been previously reported, show the scope of a growing migrant influx at the southwest border as U.S. President Joe Biden, a Democrat, seeks to roll back some of the restrictive policies of former President Donald Trump, a Republican. February was Biden's first full month in office.
Last month's total would represent the highest tally for the month of February since 2006. The sources who provided the figures to Reuters spoke on the condition of anonymity.
An increasing number of children arriving at the border without a parent or legal guardian has forced U.S. officials in recent weeks to scramble for housing options and take steps to speed up their release to sponsors in the United States.
The nearly 100,000 migrants detained at the border in February represent an increase over a figure of 78,000 in January. February's total appears to be the highest monthly number since June 2019 during a large border surge that Trump cited as justification for a broad immigration crackdown.
A U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman said official statistics for last month likely will be released next week.
U.S. Border Patrol agents caught more than 4,500 migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border in a single day on Wednesday, according to government figures shared with Reuters, a sign that illegal entries could continue to rise in March.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Inheritance, parents pay their bills, spouse works, social security, savings.

I think those reasons cover basically everyone I know who isn't working.

I don't think we can have a prosperous society without workers.
These people would not be counted in unemployment number. If you are actively looking for a job as a means to support yourself no job should be beneath you.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Can you provide a citation for that statistic?
Did someone else provide the link where I quoted this? I can't remember. The city wide unemployment was 11.4% in December.
The city's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was 11.4 percent in December 2020

I'm pretty sure someone posted an article where the 15% for AOCs district was stated, but I'm not going to dig for it.

Top Bottom