Be less white

golf

Reaction score
Am sure many of us have seen that coca cola is the latest corporation to implement robin angelou's diversity training. It ends of course by advising people to be less white. Not surprising as the outfit that puts on diversity training where i work tells us that black people cannot be racist. All looney toons time.

Just amazing how extreme the left has become in this and other areas. We see constant harrassment for conservatives while attempting to speak on campus, in some cases tens of thousands of dollars are spent by the univ on security. A company that exists solely for the purpose of trying to get conservative shows canceled through pressuring their advertisers. Largely refusing to speak against looting/burning. Boys competing in girls' sports. The craziness of solar/wind. All that is going in education including one new york district sending home pamphlets identifying the 8 stages of whiteness. Immigration returning to catch and release. Harrassing conservatives at their homes.
Kneeling before the flag. Canceling a newspaper for running a true story (after the election twitter apologized, damage had been done.)

Chuck Todd the other day did a monologue where he talked about how the left and right have switched constituencies. He says right is now the party of the working class while left is party of the wealthy. Would think that at some point the left would fear a backlash and track a more moderate course that would be more in line with the working class, but maybe not really concerned about that.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
Grievances against change, grievances against change, grievances against change.

No different than in the 60s.
Have to say i find it surprising that you easily dismiss such extreme behavior/policies. Extremism now of course is much more political party driven than in the 60s.

Determinant will be how the country responds. If dems keep winning elections then no reason to scale things back and america will probly move significantly left. However as Chuck Todd said the working class isnt on board with the left and looks like minorities are becoming uneasy with this direction as well.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Am sure many of us have seen that coca cola is the latest corporation to implement robin angelou's diversity training. It ends of course by advising people to be less white. Not surprising as the outfit that puts on diversity training where i work tells us that black people cannot be racist. All looney toons time.

Just amazing how extreme the left has become in this and other areas. We see constant harrassment for conservatives while attempting to speak on campus, in some cases tens of thousands of dollars are spent by the univ on security. A company that exists solely for the purpose of trying to get conservative shows canceled through pressuring their advertisers. Largely refusing to speak against looting/burning. Boys competing in girls' sports. The craziness of solar/wind. All that is going in education including one new york district sending home pamphlets identifying the 8 stages of whiteness. Immigration returning to catch and release. Harrassing conservatives at their homes.
Kneeling before the flag. Canceling a newspaper for running a true story (after the election twitter apologized, damage had been done.)

Chuck Todd the other day did a monologue where he talked about how the left and right have switched constituencies. He says right is now the party of the working class while left is party of the wealthy. Would think that at some point the left would fear a backlash and track a more moderate course that would be more in line with the working class, but maybe really concerned about that.
The left is busy shaming non-minorities into voting for them as a virtue signal, which will help them hold many white guilt voters. While at the same time recruiting new working poor citizens to the US in illegals and motivating more minorities to vote (legally or illegally).

Between dominating big tech, big media, mega-wealthy elitists and promising to redistribute wealth to the low income levels for existing, they hope to keep winning elections.

Our education system is becoming a youth indoctrination center. This is the bullshit that they are teaching our youth to believe and aspire to:

FE6F2742-68DF-4487-9435-12E87A9F764B.jpeg

Wally

Reaction score
The left is busy shaming non-minorities into voting for them as a virtue signal,
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On their secret ballot, what an idiot...

Give me a sane conservative party to vote for, until then, the beat goes on.

golf

Reaction score
The left is busy shaming non-minorities into voting for them as a virtue signal, which will help them hold many white guilt voters. While at the same time recruiting new working poor citizens to the US in illegals and motivating more minorities to vote (legally or illegally).

Between dominating big tech, big media, mega-wealthy elitists and promising to redistribute wealth to the low income levels for existing, they hope to keep winning elections.

Our education system is becoming a youth indoctrination center. This is the bullshit that they are teaching our youth to believe and aspire to:

View attachment 11780
Very true. I still cant believe the outfit that trained the company where i work told us that only whites can be racist.

scools12

Reaction score
Grievances against change, grievances against change, grievances against change.

No different than in the 60s.
Laughing at and pointing out how idiotic it is telling someone to be less white is a grievance against change.

😂😂😂😂You can’t make it up😂😂😂😂

golf

Reaction score
Always look on the White side of Life, dee doot, dee doot dee dee dee doot.
While Black should of course always be capitalized, I as well am offended by your capitalization of white. Unless you desist you will have no chance of getting a job at the nonbiased AP or other similarly nonbiased news outlets. You are better than this. :)

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
While Black should of course always be capitalized, I as well am offended by your capitalization of white. Unless you desist you will have no chance of getting a job at the nonbiased AP or other similarly nonbiased news outlets. You are better than this. :)
Back in the day, there were editors to take care of such things. Now the rush to publish has resulted in brain farts, typos, and OUTRAGE!

howeda7

Reaction score

View attachment 11780
Sounds scary and awful!

golf

Reaction score
Back in the day, there were editors to take care of such things. Now the rush to publish has resulted in brain farts, typos, and OUTRAGE!
Yeah, 5 years ago no one would have believed news outlets would have such a policy. Our country has certainly changed in many ways.

Last edited:

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Data shows a surprising campus free speech problem: left-wingers being fired for their opinions

The American college campus, we are led to believe, is a dangerous place: If you say what you really think, particularly as a conservative, a mob of young social justice warriors will come for your faculty position or invitation to speak on campus.
Entire books and online magazines are premised on the idea that political correctness is sweeping the American university, threatening both higher education and the broader right to free speech.

But a data analysis from March by the director of Georgetown University’s Free Speech Project suggests that this “crisis” is more than a little overblown. There have been relatively few incidents of speech being squelched on college campuses, and there’s in fact limited evidence that conservatives are being unfairly targeted.

The raw numbers here should already raise questions about the so-called political correctness epidemic. According to the Department of Education, there are 4,583 colleges and universities in the United States (including two- and four-year institutions).
The fact that there were roughly only 60 incidents in the past two years suggests that free speech crises are extremely rare events and don’t define university life in the way that critics suggest.

The pro-free speech Foundation for Individual Rights in Education keeps a database of speaker disinvitations from campuses. It finds only a handful of disinvitations — somewhere between 20 and 42 — in every year between 2011 and 2017. The highest single-year spike, from 21 in 2015 to 42 in 2016, is mostly the work of one provocateur launching an intentionally inflammatory college tour.“ 11 of the 42 disinvitations were for a single speaker: Breitbart editor and right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos,” FIRE’s Alex Morey writes. “His controversial ‘Dangerous Faggot Tour’ traveled to colleges across the country this year and seemed to prompt a new report of attempted censorship in some form or another each week.”

Jeffrey Sachs, a political scientist at Canada’s Acadia University, put together a database of all incidents where a professor was dismissed for political speech in the United States between 2015 and 2017. Sachs’s results, published by the left-libertarian Niskanen Center, actually found that left-wing professors were more frequently dismissed for their speech than conservative ones:

1613824263557.png

Some campus free speech critics, I suspect, aren’t operating in good faith. For them, the entire debate is a way to attack universities as hopelessly and dangerously liberal — to undermine higher education for nakedly partisan reasons. Indeed, four Republican-controlled state governments have set up new rules for political speech in public universities in response to concerns about free speech.

In Wisconsin, the strictest of these states, rules drafted by the state university’s board of regents allow students to be expelled if they are found to have disrupted the speech of other students three times. Protecting free speech on campus by expelling students for their political activism: just what the First Amendment’s drafters intended.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...rrectness-free-speech-liberal-data-georgetown

golf

Reaction score
Data shows a surprising campus free speech problem: left-wingers being fired for their opinions

The American college campus, we are led to believe, is a dangerous place: If you say what you really think, particularly as a conservative, a mob of young social justice warriors will come for your faculty position or invitation to speak on campus.
Entire books and online magazines are premised on the idea that political correctness is sweeping the American university, threatening both higher education and the broader right to free speech.

But a data analysis from March by the director of Georgetown University’s Free Speech Project suggests that this “crisis” is more than a little overblown. There have been relatively few incidents of speech being squelched on college campuses, and there’s in fact limited evidence that conservatives are being unfairly targeted.

The raw numbers here should already raise questions about the so-called political correctness epidemic. According to the Department of Education, there are 4,583 colleges and universities in the United States (including two- and four-year institutions). The fact that there were roughly only 60 incidents in the past two years suggests that free speech crises are extremely rare events and don’t define university life in the way that critics suggest.

The pro-free speech Foundation for Individual Rights in Education keeps a database of speaker disinvitations from campuses. It finds only a handful of disinvitations — somewhere between 20 and 42 — in every year between 2011 and 2017. The highest single-year spike, from 21 in 2015 to 42 in 2016, is mostly the work of one provocateur launching an intentionally inflammatory college tour.“ 11 of the 42 disinvitations were for a single speaker: Breitbart editor and right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos,” FIRE’s Alex Morey writes. “His controversial ‘Dangerous Faggot Tour’ traveled to colleges across the country this year and seemed to prompt a new report of attempted censorship in some form or another each week.”

Jeffrey Sachs, a political scientist at Canada’s Acadia University, put together a database of all incidents where a professor was dismissed for political speech in the United States between 2015 and 2017. Sachs’s results, published by the left-libertarian Niskanen Center, actually found that left-wing professors were more frequently dismissed for their speech than conservative ones:

1613824263557.png

Some campus free speech critics, I suspect, aren’t operating in good faith. For them, the entire debate is a way to attack universities as hopelessly and dangerously liberal — to undermine higher education for nakedly partisan reasons. Indeed, four Republican-controlled state governments have set up new rules for political speech in public universities in response to concerns about free speech.

In Wisconsin, the strictest of these states, rules drafted by the state university’s board of regents allow students to be expelled if they are found to have disrupted the speech of other students three times. Protecting free speech on campus by expelling students for their political activism: just what the First Amendment’s drafters intended.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...rrectness-free-speech-liberal-data-georgetown
Here is a very, very partial list. I could give a much longer list of appalling behavior at campuses if you would like.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
Internet has destroyed the margins for news, its quality decline is to be expected.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Outside of putting on a performance of Huck Finn or transcribing a Richard Pryor album, I'm not sure that anybody should be using that word in a workplace. It's been years since I've heard it from anybody I care to talk to.

balds

Reaction score
Film and television are really going to suffer. My wife and I watched a few older episodes of Scrubs and the Office and said to each other at least 5 times "that would never fly today".

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Film and television are really going to suffer. My wife and I watched a few older episodes of Scrubs and the Office and said to each other at least 5 times "that would never fly today".
Clever writers have a way of pushing the envelope.
1. If it is truly funny, people give you more latitude
2. It matters WHICH character says what. Michael Scott got away with a lot, because he was supposed to be an idiot. Jim can't say the same lines.

One of my favorite office episodes was Michael doing a diversity exercise, and proclaiming that now Toby knows what it feels like to be a minority.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
this debate reminds me of the debate over "Indian" nicknames for college sports teams. The teams always claim that they meant the nickname to "honor" Native Americans - even when Native American tribes are actively protesting the use of the nicknames.

The point is that I don't know what it's like to be a minority in this culture.

I suspect if you took most white people, and they had to live as a minority for a few weeks, they would be begging to be white again.

i might be dead wrong, but that is what my gut tells me.

Disclaimer - my brother and his wife adopted two black kids. My nephew has been profiled a lot. He does pretty well in business and has some bucks, so he and his fiance were having a new house built. he stopped at the house to check on the progress. the workers did not believe that he was the owner, because the new house is in a "nice" neighborhood. And that is the kind of stuff that minorities in this culture deal with all the time.

Wally

Reaction score
Lots of handwringing about Blacks asking to be treated with respect. From this crowd...I never woulda guessed...

Top Bottom