Barring Representatives from Israel

justthefacts

Reaction score
Trump also quoted a loon on Fox News that said he might be the second coming and the King of Israel. Just another Wednesday.
I really liked the idea that Jews are looking forward to the second coming.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Trump also quoted a loon on Fox News that said he might be the second coming and the King of Israel. Just another Wednesday.
Never ran for the position before, got it the first time he ran...

howeda7

Reaction score
Trump's going all in today. You'd think this kind of stuff would bother "real" Christians....

President Donald Trump on Wednesday declared himself "the chosen one" as he defended his administration's actions in the ongoing U.S.-China trade war.

He added, while looking to the heavens: “I am the chosen one.”

Earlier Wednesday, Trump retweeted a right-wing pundit's flattering, messiah-flavored comments about the president's support in Israel.

"The Jewish people in Israel love him like he's the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God," said that supporter, Wayne Allyn Root.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...as-he-defends-trade-war-with-china/ar-AAG7Vav

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I don’t know who or what you’re talking about, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say it was probably a joke.

howeda7

Reaction score
I don’t know who or what you’re talking about, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say it was probably a joke.
Wrong. I think he was quite serious. Your team is descending into outright cult worship. Praise him! MAGA!

Earlier Wednesday, Trump retweeted a right-wing pundit's flattering, messiah-flavored comments about the president's support in Israel.

"The Jewish people in Israel love him like he's the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God," said that supporter, Wayne Allyn Root.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Wrong. I think he was quite serious. Your team is descending into outright cult worship. Praise him! MAGA!

Wayen Allyn Root is probably right, beeg has been treated trump as a god for years now.

Section2

Reaction score

Newsflash: Trump likes being praised! What a story!

GoodasGold

Reaction score
The King of the Jews. He has returned as promised. And how He has changed!

justthefacts

Reaction score
Newsflash: Trump likes being praised! What a story!
You have to hand it to Trump. He has lowered expectations so thoroughly that people barely bat an eye when he talks about being King of Israel on the same day he says Jews who don't vote Republican aren't loyal to Israel or when he cancels a trip to Denmark because he's pouting over not being able to buy Greenland.

GopherJake

Reaction score
It’s called behavior normalization and Section2 doesn’t care! All right!?!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

I was talking about Trump joking. I don’t know who Wayne Allyn Root is, but I’m sure you think he’s the leader of the GOP.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I was talking about Trump joking. I don’t know who Wayne Allyn Root is, but I’m sure you think he’s the leader of the GOP.
Yeah, "Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words," sounds completely like a joke. Also, all the best jokes come in 3 tweets. Hoo boy, is that hilarious. For as often as Trumpists like to praise Dear Leader's sense of humor, they sure do call a bunch of his not-funny words "jokes."

I wasn't sure who Root was either, but the literal Leader of the GOP is tweeting out his words as though they're important.

Do you think Trump was joking when he said that if Jews don't vote Republican they're being disloyal to Israel?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Oh, man if you want to continue breathing I highly suggest you don't read this HILARIOUS tweet from Dear Leader because you'll be laughing so hard you may pass out

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Ok. He’s not the head of the GOP. I’m keeping that defense in my back pocket. The guy who has the highest office in the GOP is a fan. And well, there’s a crew carving INRI on his headboard.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Back on topic: Israel has every right to keep out anybody from the United States of America.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yeah, "Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words," sounds completely like a joke. Also, all the best jokes come in 3 tweets. Hoo boy, is that hilarious. For as often as Trumpists like to praise Dear Leader's sense of humor, they sure do call a bunch of his not-funny words "jokes."

I wasn't sure who Root was either, but the literal Leader of the GOP is tweeting out his words as though they're important.

Do you think Trump was joking when he said that if Jews don't vote Republican they're being disloyal to Israel?
No, but he didn’t say they’re being disloyal, he said they are disloyal or ignorant of the situation.

Again, you’re missing the part that I was referring to as the joke. But it helps you with your narrative.

As I said, I didn’t see it, but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t literally saying that ‘he is the chosen one’ or that he is the King of Israel. It’s sounds like sarcastic humor. But I know that you guys don’t get his humor.

justthefacts

Reaction score
No, but he didn’t say they’re being disloyal, he said they are disloyal or ignorant of the situation.

Again, you’re missing the part that I was referring to as the joke. But it helps you with your narrative.

As I said, I didn’t see it, but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t literally saying that ‘he is the chosen one’ or that he is the King of Israel. It’s sounds like sarcastic humor. But I know that you guys don’t get his humor.
Of all the requirements of members of the Cult of Trump, this is my favorite. "No, he didn't say what he said, he said this very charitable interpretation of what he said." I'm not sure how a person can be disloyal to a situation, but let's just review his actual remarks:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is clear and unequivocal what he said, but since every Trump adherent is required by the bylaws to be serve as Squealer from Animal Farm, we're all supposed to pretend otherwise.

Section2

Reaction score
Of all the requirements of members of the Cult of Trump, this is my favorite. "No, he didn't say what he said, he said this very charitable interpretation of what he said." I'm not sure how a person can be disloyal to a situation, but let's just review his actual remarks:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is clear and unequivocal what he said, but since every Trump adherent is required by the bylaws to be serve as Squealer from Animal Farm, we're all supposed to pretend otherwise.
Hmmm. Killer said he didn't ONLY say disloyal, he said disloyal or ignorant. Your quote says disloyal or a total lack of knowledge. What am I missing? Your quotes confirm what killer said.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Hmmm. Killer said he didn't ONLY say disloyal, he said disloyal or ignorant. Your quote says disloyal or a total lack of knowledge. What am I missing? Your quotes confirm what killer said.
It makes it so much easier to argue when the person you’re arguing with says you’re wrong, but provides evidence that you’re right, all in one post.

Very efficient, that JTF.

justthefacts

Reaction score
It makes it so much easier to argue when the person you’re arguing with says you’re wrong, but provides evidence that you’re right, all in one post.

Very efficient, that JTF.
You guys are responding to only what he said Tuesday, but then ignoring (willfully?) what he said Wednesday, despite the fact I included the quote in my posts twice in this thread.

(video in link)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...disloyal_to_israel_and_the_jewish_people.html

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You guys are responding to only what he said Tuesday, but then ignoring (willfully?) what he said Wednesday, despite the fact I included the quote in my posts twice in this thread.

(video in link)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...disloyal_to_israel_and_the_jewish_people.html
You’re ignoring what he said otherwise. He was responding to a question about “disloyalty”...b/c that was the grievance by the MSM. If he had been asked a question about “disloyalty and ignorance of the circumstances”, he likely would’ve have defended himself against both.

This is a reoccurring theme with the left. They love to ignore parts of what Trump says and only focus on the parts that they can best take issue with. (See howie)

justthefacts

Reaction score
Trump said the "ignorant or disloyal" thing on Tuesday and was asked to clarify Wednesday. Twice given the chance to back down from the dual-loyalty requirement, he twice doubled-down. If Trump is the World's Greatest Negotiator and Grand Champion 19 Dimensional Chess Player you'd think he'd be able to be asked a question about loyalty and instead clarify that he meant something else. Reporters ask meathead football coaches specific questions that they dodge literally every weekend of the year. Is Trump not as good at answering questions as Jon Gruden? According to your logic, if Trump had been asked why he murdered Abraham Lincoln he'd have had to explain why it was a positive that he murdered Abraham Lincoln.

He's either really really bad at answering questions or he honestly believes that American Jews owe loyalty to Israel.

But, you do you, Squealer, and tell me to ignore what Trump said yesterday because he previously said something VERY slightly different.

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score
Separately, I'd note that Trump gives away the game with the reference to "AOC-plus-three." This has always been about Tlaib and Omar, but Trump wants to pretend that AOC and even Ayanna Pressley are involved. He doesn't care about Jews or Israel, he just wants to use them as a political cudgel, and he thinks so little of American Jews as to think they can't see it.

Section2

Reaction score
If you're incensed by "disloyal" but think "disloyal or ignorant" is no big deal, then the statement is no big deal. Sorry JTF. On to the next outrage!

howeda7

Reaction score
Back on topic: Israel has every right to keep out anybody from the United States of America.
Absolutely. And we have the right not to give them billions of dollars.

howeda7

Reaction score
You’re ignoring what he said otherwise. He was responding to a question about “disloyalty”...b/c that was the grievance by the MSM. If he had been asked a question about “disloyalty and ignorance of the circumstances”, he likely would’ve have defended himself against both.

This is a reoccurring theme with the left. They love to ignore parts of what Trump says and only focus on the parts that they can best take issue with. (See howie)
That's because he reverses and/or talks over himself all the time. Parsing every word he said literally when he'll say something else tomorrow and then reverse it again the next day is pointless. It's clear what he meant (Jews who vote D are disloyal) just like it's clear he thinks many of the angry white men marching in Charlottesville with torches were fine people. You can spin until you're in a 2-like hole, it won't change anything. No other Republican President would dare have said anything close to this on either account and you know it.

Top Bottom