Barring Representatives from Israel

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Trump's tweet to tell Israel to keep them out was a disgrace. He's completely unfit to run a country. Bush was a horrible president, and I'd take him back in a heartbeat over Trump.

Netanyahu actually following through is also disgraceful. He's made their voice stronger, and he's working to divide Israel along political lines. That's not good for his country.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
They could’ve gone on along with the Congressional junket that just traveled to Israel, but they had other ideas.

Kick dirt in Israel’s face, then say we’d like to visit...so we can publicly shred you to pieces.

This was no doubt staged by Talib and Omar.
Nothing to see over here! Stay on the path! Thanks for the 38 billion in aid, but you can't have your lawmakers asking questions!

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
They have no one to blame but themselves. Spew anti-Semitic crap, bad mouth Israel at every turn, pal around with terrorists who hate Israel & you don't get invited in.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Nothing to see over here! Stay on the path! Thanks for the 38 billion in aid, but you can't have your lawmakers asking questions!
Talib and Omar could have gone with the Congressional delegation of 72 congressmen/women that went to Israel last week.

They had a different agenda.

GoGophersUMN

Reaction score
This seems like a publicity stunt. Even once Tlaib was allowed to visit, she said she wouldn't.

Israel shouldn't have banned them in the first place because that just made their concerns look valid but I highly doubt that they actually wanted to visit. It seems like the whole think was planned for Israel to say no and for them to complain and Israel gave them what they wanted.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Great political move by Trump to help him win Florida. His tweet keeps the squad and their anti-Israel statements as the face of the Democrats, which drives the Jewish vote towards Trump instead of Warren (she'll be the nominee). The Jewish vote also plays a significant role in NY and CA, but those are solid Blue states. Florida is a swing state again though, one that Trump has to win to have a chance. Look for this theme to be played a lot -- that is items that make Dems look unattractive to Florida.

howeda7

Reaction score
They could’ve gone on along with the Congressional junket that just traveled to Israel, but they had other ideas.

Kick dirt in Israel’s face, then say we’d like to visit...so we can publicly shred you to pieces.

This was no doubt staged by Talib and Omar.
No doubt! I'm sure the RWNJ echo chamber knows their secret, sinister, evil plans. Nothing gets by them or you.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Great political move by Trump to help him win Florida. His tweet keeps the squad and their anti-Israel statements as the face of the Democrats, which drives the Jewish vote towards Trump instead of Warren (she'll be the nominee). The Jewish vote also plays a significant role in NY and CA, but those are solid Blue states. Florida is a swing state again though, one that Trump has to win to have a chance. Look for this theme to be played a lot -- that is items that make Dems look unattractive to Florida.
Perhaps those old Jews, when they retire, should consider emigrating to the state of Israel instead of the state of Florida. You know...walk the walk so to speak. They do have all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets in Israel, don’t they :confused:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Excerpts, but read the whole thing.
I am going to say this as simply and clearly as I can: If you’re an American Jew and you’re planning on voting for Donald Trump because you think he is pro-Israel, you’re a damn fool.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. Trump has said and done many things that are in the interests of the current Israeli government — and have been widely appreciated by the Israeli public. To deny that would be to deny the obvious. But here’s what’s also obvious. Trump’s way of — and motivation for — expressing his affection for Israel is guided by his political desire to improve his re-election chances by depicting the entire Republican Party as pro-Israel
and the entire Democratic Party as anti-Israel.

As a result, Trump — with the knowing help of Israel’s current prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu — is doing something no American president and Israeli prime minister have done before: They’re making support for Israel a wedge issue in American politics.

Few things are more dangerous to Israel’s long-term interests than its becoming a partisan matter in America, which is Israel’s vital political, military and economic backer in the world.
Excuse me, but when did powerful Israel — a noisy, boisterous democracy where Israeli Arabs in its Parliament say all kinds of wild and crazy things — get so frightened by what a couple of visiting freshman American congresswomen might see or say? When did Israel get so afraid of saying to them: “Come, visit, go anywhere you want! We’ve got our warts and we’ve got our good stuff. We’d just like you to visit both. But if you don’t, we’ll live with that too. We’re pretty tough.’’

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Very good post.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Don't know, or care to learn, how to embed tweets, so pardon my funky format below. This Tweet by Trump is hilarious. Dude's a savage on twitter. Can't stop laughing.

"Rep. Tlaib wrote a letter to Israeli officials desperately wanting to visit her grandmother. Permission was quickly granted, whereupon Tlaib obnoxiously turned the approval down, a complete setup. The only real winner here is Tlaib’s grandmother. She doesn’t have to see her now!"

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Crass. Just crass.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GopherJake

Reaction score
Yay! Our president is a complete dick. But he’s funny! LOL!

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
The USA provides Israel with approximately $3.8 Billion a year in military assistance. That's Billion with a B.

As far as I'm concerned, if we're ponying up almost $4 Billion a year, any member of Congress who wants to visit Israel should be able to do so with no conditions attached.

So much for America First.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The USA provides Israel with approximately $3.8 Billion a year in military assistance. That's Billion with a B.

As far as I'm concerned, if we're ponying up almost $4 Billion a year, any member of Congress who wants to visit Israel should be able to do so with no conditions attached.

So much for America First.
Yep.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Yay! Our president is a complete dick. But he’s funny! LOL!
Dude told his own supporter he was fat and lives with his mom. Funnier the guy is still a Trump supporter.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Im a prospective Democratic President. And its the pot calling tbe kettle black that makes it weird.

I’m referring to Yang calling Trump fat. So no, you’re not a prospective candidate.

Who is the pot and the kettle?

Trump loves juvenile mocking. Apparently, it’s not beneath Dem candidates either, so what? Nobody should be pointing fingers at Trump when their side does the same thing.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
https://torontosun.com/2017/07/05/d...ling/wcm/225df79e-4e9b-4cd7-b460-bbc3fb280bea

Critics hammered President Donald Trump for his “sexist” tweet in which he made fun of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski.

Trump tweeted: “I heard poorly rated Morning Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

What did the morning show do to incur the President’s wrath?

During recent shows, host Joe Scarborough, a former Republican member of Congress, called Trump “the greatest liar that’s ever sat in the White House.”

He said: “I mean, to compare (former President Richard) Nixon to this guy is absolutely ridiculous. He lies every day. A lot of times he lies every minute. He forgets the lie that he told five minutes ago.”

He also said: “Nobody’s saying what Donald Trump’s doing now is right. In fact we think it’s extraordinarily dangerous. Called the media enemy of the people. It’s Stalinist.”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., among other Democratic leaders, denounced Trump’s tweet as sexist, demeaning and divisive.

Pelosi, in 2014, actually said, “We never treated President Bush the way they treat President Obama.”

Maligning Republicans as stupid, racist fascists is so common that Democrats have probably numbed themselves to it.

About Ronald Reagan, Coretta Scott King said, “I am scared that if Ronald Reagan gets into office, we are going to see more of the Ku Klux Klan and a resurgence of the Nazi Party.”

Rep. William Clay, D-Mo., said Reagan was “trying to replace the Bill of Rights with fascist precepts lifted verbatim from Mein Kampf.”

About President George Herbert Walker Bush, Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., said, “I would like to … say … very clearly that I believe George (H.W.) Bush is a racist.”

In 1994, when Republicans took control of the House, Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., said, “It’s not ‘spic’ or ‘n—–’ any more. (Instead Republicans) say ‘let’s cut taxes.’”

About President George W. Bush, then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, in July 2005, said, “I sometimes feel that Alfred E. Neuman is in charge in Washington.”

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, on election night in 2004, said, “I can’t believe I’m losing to this idiot.”

Al Gore, in October of 2005, said, to “control and intimidate” the news media, “every day (President George W. Bush’s executive branch) unleash squadrons of digital brownshirts to harass and hector any journalist who is critical of the President.”

Rep Barney Frank, D-Mass., in February 2006, accused George W. Bush of “ethnic cleansing by inaction” through his allegedly slow response to hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

Sen. Hillary Clinton, in January 2006, said before an audience of blacks, “The House of Representatives has been run … like a plantation — and you know what I’m talking about.”

Bill Clinton, not Trump, tried to get Ted Kennedy to support Hillary in 2008 by saying, “A few years ago, this guy (Obama) would have been getting us coffee.”

Democratic leader Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., said then-presidential candidate Obama could succeed because he was a “light-skinned” black “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

Tell us again, who are the “racists”?

Democrats better hope Trump doesn’t tweet about that.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
https://torontosun.com/2017/07/05/d...ling/wcm/225df79e-4e9b-4cd7-b460-bbc3fb280bea

Critics hammered President Donald Trump for his “sexist” tweet in which he made fun of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski.

Trump tweeted: “I heard poorly rated Morning Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

What did the morning show do to incur the President’s wrath?

During recent shows, host Joe Scarborough, a former Republican member of Congress, called Trump “the greatest liar that’s ever sat in the White House.”

He said: “I mean, to compare (former President Richard) Nixon to this guy is absolutely ridiculous. He lies every day. A lot of times he lies every minute. He forgets the lie that he told five minutes ago.”

He also said: “Nobody’s saying what Donald Trump’s doing now is right. In fact we think it’s extraordinarily dangerous. Called the media enemy of the people. It’s Stalinist.”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., among other Democratic leaders, denounced Trump’s tweet as sexist, demeaning and divisive.

Pelosi, in 2014, actually said, “We never treated President Bush the way they treat President Obama.”

Maligning Republicans as stupid, racist fascists is so common that Democrats have probably numbed themselves to it.

About Ronald Reagan, Coretta Scott King said, “I am scared that if Ronald Reagan gets into office, we are going to see more of the Ku Klux Klan and a resurgence of the Nazi Party.”

Rep. William Clay, D-Mo., said Reagan was “trying to replace the Bill of Rights with fascist precepts lifted verbatim from Mein Kampf.”

About President George Herbert Walker Bush, Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., said, “I would like to … say … very clearly that I believe George (H.W.) Bush is a racist.”

In 1994, when Republicans took control of the House, Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., said, “It’s not ‘spic’ or ‘n—–’ any more. (Instead Republicans) say ‘let’s cut taxes.’”

About President George W. Bush, then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, in July 2005, said, “I sometimes feel that Alfred E. Neuman is in charge in Washington.”

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, on election night in 2004, said, “I can’t believe I’m losing to this idiot.”

Al Gore, in October of 2005, said, to “control and intimidate” the news media, “every day (President George W. Bush’s executive branch) unleash squadrons of digital brownshirts to harass and hector any journalist who is critical of the President.”

Rep Barney Frank, D-Mass., in February 2006, accused George W. Bush of “ethnic cleansing by inaction” through his allegedly slow response to hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

Sen. Hillary Clinton, in January 2006, said before an audience of blacks, “The House of Representatives has been run … like a plantation — and you know what I’m talking about.”

Bill Clinton, not Trump, tried to get Ted Kennedy to support Hillary in 2008 by saying, “A few years ago, this guy (Obama) would have been getting us coffee.”

Democratic leader Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., said then-presidential candidate Obama could succeed because he was a “light-skinned” black “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

Tell us again, who are the “racists”?

Democrats better hope Trump doesn’t tweet about that.
Disingenuous and deceitful post.

bga1

Reaction score
Crass. Just crass.

The treatment of this president is beyond crass- it is despicable. As I told you before (and proved it), Trump offered the Dems from the beginning that this didn't have to get into the mud. In return they continued to blast away, attempt to slime his family, slime him as a bigot,racist,etc and then tried to accomplish a soft coup on him. Start by respecting the President, he won the job, he earned it- you will get a lot better response. As it stands, the way he gets treated, I am glad he fights. The real loser is the Democrats. Trump is one person. The whole Dem party is shamed as are the media with them.

Top Bottom