Banged upRedshirt freshman offensive linemen were practicing with the defensive line Saturday to help give that group enough bodies, and the offense was down to junior Brady Schipper at running back in the latter half of the practice. Here’s the list of players that were on the injury report for Saturday’s practice:
- DL Keeanu Benton (left leg)
- RB Julius Davis (leg)
- CB Deron Harrell (right leg)
- CB Faion Hicks (both legs)
- ILB Mike Masklanas (core)
- CB Semar Melvin (right arm)
- OLB Riley Nowakowski (right leg)
- WR Kendric Pryor (left leg)
- DL James Thompson Jr. (right leg)
- DL Bryson Williams (right leg)
- WR Chimere Dike (right leg)
INJURED DURING PRACTICE
- RB Jalen Berger (leg)
- OLB Aaron Witt (leg)
Asked to assess the performances from his kickers this spring, Chryst didn’t sugarcoat his answer.
“They’ve got to be better than they were today, and they know that,” he said.
Both senior Collin Larsh and sophomore Jack Van Dyke had multiple misses inside 40 yards and missed kicks from inside 35 after a red-zone drill late in practice.
This is a position battle that’s likely to be waged deep into fall camp... both kickers’ accuracy was an issue.
“You want the ability for a lot of guys to get reps. And the first thing to go is the number of reps when you don't have (healthy players), or