B1G Tournament

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
Matchups as they stand today. I don't like this draw at all. Of course with 3 games left things can change up and down the bracket, but with the way we're playing it's going to be a rough road.

BTT.jpg

MennoSota

Reaction score
We'll walk away on day one with our tail between our ass. Kids have given up. Flip em over, they're done. [emoji41]

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Matchups as they stand today. I don't like this draw at all. Of course with 3 games left things can change up and down the bracket, but with the way we're playing it's going to be a rough road.

View attachment 6025
I'd say that's likely the matchup for the Gophers although the positions could be reversed with Illinois getting the 8th spot. I suppose Rutgers could move up. I don't see much chance for the others. Unless Ohio State takes a complete dive, I don't see the Gophers moving to 7th.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
We'll walk away on day one with our tail between our ass. Kids have given up. Flip em over, they're done. [emoji41]

Day 2. I think we're almost immune from playing on Day 1. If we beat NW, it's probably close to mathematically impossible.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I don't think Illinois is a horrible matchup.
But either was Rutgers.

ethomasp31

Reaction score
Jeez, we are worried about match-ups against teams that won't even be .500.

GoGophersUMN

Reaction score
Assuming we can't reach the 6 spot to play the winner of the first round, Rutgers is probably the best matchup. 2 of their 3 remaining 3 are against teams playing Wednesday so they could improve to 8-12. Illinois plays Purdue and 3 teams they've already lost to so it wouldn't be too hard to see them falling. Illinois would hold the tiebreaker if it's a 2-way tie but there's a lot of teams around that area so it could easily be 3+ teams, possibly including Minnesota.

If we make it past Thursday, the next round will be rough no matter what. Michigan might be the best matchup for Friday and I think it's likely they drop but that still wouldn't be easy.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Jeez, we are worried about match-ups against teams that won't even be .500.
Why wouldn't we be worried? We've already lost to two of those teams, once by over 20 points. And, I think we'd have a very good chance of losing to Penn State if we played them now.

Top Bottom