Are Seditionists Pro United States?

Are seditionists pro U.S.?

• Yes. because they stand for the flag. The rest of the stuff does not matter.

• Perhaps? There is just a disconnect somewhere?

• No. Storming the Nations capital or being sympathetic towards those actions is not pro U.S.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Now do your next fun poll on whether a year of rioting, looting, and arson are pro U.S.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
This is a confused post and poll. If you are seeking to learn the perspective of others, maybe listen to them.

STPGopher

Reaction score
This is a confused post and poll. If you are seeking to learn the perspective of others, maybe listen to them.
Read what they have to say, but I get your point. Few are truly serious here, so I don't think there will any great insight gained here or any other thread for that matter. If you wish to discuss the insurrection, pro or con, have at it. I don't think it will move the needle much.

Although one can gain a bit of perspective by reading posts. Stating the obvious, I've gained much more perspective by talking to people face to face (Republican [Old and new school] Democrat, Libertarian(especially the old school ones), " Non-political", etc, Religious, Agnostic, Atheist, etc.). Especially have enjoyed talking to Veterans, Libertarians, and even a couple of police officers in St. Paul over the last year. I've yet to talk to someone that has self Identified as an insurrectionist or "Patriot in action" so there is that.

With that said, the poll was intended to have a bit of sarcasm, and not to be taken seriously. This is an off topic branch of a sports board.

stocker08

Reaction score
Trying to do away with elections and install their dumbshit leader as king?

Yeah....totally pro-US. /sarcasm

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Nobody does branding like the Liberals, and I mean NOBODY.

"Seditionists"

"Anti-vaxxers"

"Voter Suppression"

You can get anyone to believe what you want with clever branding like that, catch-phrases, the sheep gobble it up like crazy. It's remarkable really

stocker08

Reaction score
Nobody does branding like the Liberals, and I mean NOBODY.

"Seditionists"

"Anti-vaxxers"

"Voter Suppression"

You can get anyone to believe what you want with clever branding like that, catch-phrases, the sheep gobble it up like crazy. It's remarkable really

"Make America Great Again"

"Fake news"

"Build the wall"

"Lock her up"

"Drain the swamp"

etc.....

The major difference is that your king actually coined and pushed these. And you dotards ate it up like hungry sheep.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
That side window in the Capital Building is this generation's Fort Sumter.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Seriously, I would say that the people the OP calls "seditionists" do not see themselves in that light.

You may not agree, but I tend to think that most of them honestly believed that they were fighting for a principle or fighting to protect democracy. From their point of view, the election had been stolen, and they were trying to right a wrong.

again, you can call that crazy, but people believe what they want to believe.

through the entire history of civilization, we have seen examples of people following a charismatic leader who have bought into that leader's message and become committed to a cause.

Read "Helter Skelter." some of Manson's followers told police that they - at least for a time - honestly thought Charles Manson was Jesus Christ. Mason convinced his followers to murder for him. Trump convinced his followers that the election had been stolen and told them to "fight like hell."

and the next charismatic leader is out there - somewhere - right now, trying to gather followers.

WilliamsArenaGuy

The anti-Loon
Reaction score
With that said, the poll was intended to have a bit of sarcasm, and not to be taken seriously. This is an off topic branch of a sports board.
How dare you? Can't you tell how important this board is to these people? It's clearly their lifeblood. And the best part is they've all come to such a better understanding of each others viewpoints. There's always such positive and productive give and take.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Seriously, I would say that the people the OP calls "seditionists" do not see themselves in that light.

You may not agree, but I tend to think that most of them honestly believed that they were fighting for a principle or fighting to protect democracy. From their point of view, the election had been stolen, and they were trying to right a wrong.

through the entire history of civilization, we have seen examples of people following a charismatic leader who have bought into that leader's message and become committed to a cause.

Read "Helter Skelter." some of Manson's followers told police that they - at least for a time - honestly thought Charles Manson was Jesus Christ. Mason convinced his followers to murder for him. Trump convinced his followers that the election had been stolen and told them to "fight like hell."

and the next charismatic leader is out there - somewhere - right now, trying to gather followers.
The Seditionist part was tongue in check. Kind of like the "How often does one beat their wife?" question.

I hear you on the Manson stuff. The Guyana tragedy is another example.
1200px-Rev._Jim_Jones%2C_1977_%28cropped%292.jpg

Go4Broke

Reaction score

How you have described the Jan 6 "seditionists" is not a compliment to them and it doesn't clear them for their beliefs and actions in any way. People who support charismatic, authoritarian, and undemocratic leaders like Trump are unthinking and under-educated dolts who should be be criticized, satirized, and ostracized by the rest of us at every opportunity. The OT Board has more than its' share of posters like them. It's an embarrassment for the U of M and its' alumni everywhere in the world.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
How dare you? Can't you tell how important this board is to these people? It's clearly their lifeblood. And the best part is they've all come to such a better understanding of each others viewpoints. There's always such positive and productive give and take.

A lot of the right wing posters have forgotten that this is a Gophers board. KFC was never a Gophers fans and only has a handful of posts on a board other than the OTB. Deuce is rarely seen outside of the OTB. Spoof disappeared from the sports boards around the time that his hero, Trump, lost the election and spoof lost his mind. Then you have a number of new monikers showing up with the single goal of flooding the OTB with right wing propaganda.

Yup. They no longer (at least for now) have Trump to cheer for.....so melting down on the OTB is their one remaining hobby. Very sad.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Just a word to anyone here defending the many lovely people who staged a violent attack on Congress in order to overturn an American election: be very grateful that GopherHole allows for anonymous posting.

Posts defending the attackers are not going to age well.

Top Bottom