Anyone else find themselves more crabby about the season with other games starting up?

MN-Moose

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread.... but I thought I'd be happy watching CFB again. I've watched almost every game. Seeing a lot of games with fans.... just seeing games.... it's made it 100x worse. I feel even more empty than I did when they postponed the season.

Wally

Reaction score
Cold turkey is best way to quit...

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
I thought I'd enjoy any games .... honestly they were pretty crappy games that I saw today.

67frosh

Reaction score
Doing fine down here in FL. Lots of football coming soon.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
There weren't even any P5 games this weekend. And sounds like they weren't very good games to watch. Army beats MTSU 42-0???

I'm honestly mostly looking forward to the NFL, this fall.

hungan1

Reaction score
I want the games played as much as the next fan, but I want the players', coaches', and staff's health and well-being to be protected.

Give the administrators the courage to do so while making the games as safe as possible.

The bright side of this pandemic is that we have spent a lot of quality time with friends and family. With proper protection and social distancing outside in the yard of course.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Don't miss it yet as much as I thought I would. Much more time with friends and family. I agree with hungan1 that we need everyone to be protected. Its not about what happens this fall, but our over all health for the future.

alaska

Reaction score
There weren't even any P5 games this weekend. And sounds like they weren't very good games to watch. Army beats MTSU 42-0???

I'm honestly mostly looking forward to the NFL, this fall.
But wait, it’s too dangerous to play football......

Mulligan

Reaction score
Cold turkey is best way to quit...
Yep, seriously doubt I'll watch even rivalry games if they get that far. Twins games have been enough to give me my sports fix for now. Of course, if the Gophers don't play football ever this season and basketball is also canceled, "crabby" won't come close to describing me.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
I am a Gopher fan. if the Gophers are playing, I watch the game. if the Gophers are not playing, I don't watch.

I am not going to watch Directional State play Horsebleep U just to watch a football game.

to each his own. if you want to watch football, watch football.

I watched 4 hours of boxing last night on ESPN+. that's my thing.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
But wait, it’s too dangerous to play football......
My hope is that not a single person on any college football team -- player, coaches, support staff -- or fans (if any) or any other personnel in the stadium (refs, TV crew, etc.), contracts covid as a result of any college football games this fall.

Pete smith

Reaction score
Really kind of stupid not to allow a limited number of fans. I see Iowa State went from allowing 25,000 fans to no fans. And what will those fans do on game day? Stay home, and watch the game with friends and neighbors and probably no mask and certainly not 6 feet apart. So, what was gained? Nothing.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Never should have been canceled in first place.
It wasn't cancelled, it was postponed. Big difference between the two. As for whether or not that was the right decision it is still too early to tell for sure. Just because some games are being played doesn't mean they made the wrong choice.

Now if the other conferences play and have few to no issues the Big Ten and Pac 12 will end up looking really bad. But we are still quite a ways away from knowing how it will all play out.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
It wasn't cancelled, it was postponed. Big difference between the two. As for whether or not that was the right decision it is still too early to tell for sure. Just because some games are being played doesn't mean they made the wrong choice.

Now if the other conferences play and have few to no issues the Big Ten and Pac 12 will end up looking really bad. But we are still quite a ways away from knowing how it will all play out.
You hit it on the nail in the first paragraph. "As for whether or not that was the right decision it is still too early to tell for sure." You need to error on the side of caution.

The 2nd paragraph I disagree with you. You state that "...Big Ten and Pac 12 will end up looking really bad." When you error on the side of caution, you don't end up looking bad. I personally support the Big Ten as to what they did. Life is more important than a game of football.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Not crabby. But I’m normally extremely excited at this time of year. Not just for the Gophers but college football in general. This year not so much. I’ll watch some games but it won’t be close to normal.

fmlizard

Reaction score
I'm crabby now and I think the Big Ten might have screwed up.

I'm less crabby than I would be if the Gophers were canceling games mid-season, or getting walloped while playing with whole key units missing.

At least there's certainty. Fans with teams playing this fall will be on day-to-day Covid watch.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
We’re fine. We’re all perfectly fine here. How are you?

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the FAU win! Expect big numbers from Tanner for Tennessee Tech!

2-0 here we come...

BTW...Mrs. Billd is worried about me...:p

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Meh. I just drafted an insanely good fantasy football team, so I should be good through the rest of the year. I'll still have plenty of love left to be excited for Gopher football whenever it finally does happen.

mnsportsgeek

Reaction score
College football might as well be dead to me without the B1G. I just mooched off a family member's Sunday Ticket discount for students who otherwise wouldn't use it, so I'm all in on NFL for the year or until the B1G returns.

Top Bottom