Antifa Infiltrates Trump Rally & Attacks Capital

Wally

Reaction score
I won't touch "equating", but the two are heavily related. Yesterday doesn't happen w/o what transpired over the summer so it really isn't possible to live in a vacuum where you don't discuss one (or the reaction to one) without the other (or the reaction to the other) anymore. You are also right that what happened yesterday was despicable. As is what happened this summer. You clearly think what happened yesterday is worse, and you are entitled to that, but no one should accuse you of condoning what happened this summer because of that view. Same goes the other way.
BLM caused them to storm the capital.
🤣

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen you mention that before. That’s pretty cool. Nice job!
Not one of mine, but if you bring your ninth grader to a riot, and have the name of his sports team in his hoodie, it won’t take long to find you. Same with the Capitol crew.

howeda7

Reaction score
It isn’t a mystery. It isn’t 1978. People will be found and prosecuted. If you want to accuse me of a double standard, I helped identify rioters in my city this summer using social media. Thugs are stupid.
It's funny how knowledgeable the Trumpsters are about Antifa, but they're suddenly struck dumb when presented anything about Qanon and their fellow MAGA patriot's actions.

Wally

Reaction score
Years promoting critical race theory nonsense is rhetoric. Temperatures have been raising in this country for at least 10 years.
Did critical race theory cause the 60's riots?
The LA riots?
lol

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Don’t post under your real name. Don’t use an account you use for business. Don’t allow others to see the metadata on your photos.

Last edited:

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Guess if you don't bother to look, you won't see what you don't want to see.

My bad, there’s possibly one. The other 20 claims have been proven false. There will always be idiots that take advantage of these kinds of situations. It really doesn’t change what happened.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Exactly, it doesn't take many Antifa folks dressed in Trump gear to start something. Did that happen? Did Antifa folks or other liberal plants start the action?
The president literally told his supporters to do this. There’s countless examples of confirmed right wing extremists taking part. It’s ridiculous to think a few antifa could have caused yesterday to happen.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You said it wouldn't have happened without the riots this summer. Possible but your guessing.
Yes, my opinion. Am I in the wrong place? This summer increased the divide in this Country and the strength of those feelings toward the other side. That can’t be denied? We saw additional rioting pop up all around the Country. When have we seen that before? We saw city blocks taken over by extremists. We saw people so on edge in anticipation of violence that businesses boarded their window on Election Day just in case. This summer has changed a lot in this Country - including how people respond to political anger, IMO.

Whether my opinion is right or wrong, that is a long ways from me blaming BLM for what happened yesterday. You are just being a dick by suggesting that was the point of my discussion. No surprise there. I am for self-accountability with everything. For yesterday I blame the a-hole wackos that did it and the POS who incited it. I’d like to see them all charged criminally.

scools12

Reaction score
Sort of interesting that these stories are being completely ignored by the media. Guess it's the new normal for Antifa to be doing what Antifa does...

C’mon man these are clearly white supremacists disguised as the mythical ANTIFA.

ANTIFA does not exist. ANTIFA is just a figment of the RW imagination.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Exactly, it doesn't take many Antifa folks dressed in Trump gear to start something. Did that happen? Did Antifa folks or other liberal plants start the action? We don't know. It's a plausible theory though. They had far more to gain from this happening than a Trump supporter, and we do know for certain that the Hillary campaign used this tactic back in the 2016 elections.

Also, why did the Capitol Police refuse National Guard support and who made that call? I worked with the Capitol Police on some tech during the Bush inauguration (after the Gore SC challenge, there were concerns of something like this happening, we deployed a face recognition system for them -- very cutting edge at the time) and at that time they took the potential threat VERY seriously. It really seems strange how unprepared they were for this event.

Lots of questions, few answers, jumping to conclusions yet again is the wrong answer.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Exactly, it doesn't take many Antifa folks dressed in Trump gear to start something. Did that happen? Did Antifa folks or other liberal plants start the action? We don't know. It's a plausible theory though. They had far more to gain from this happening than a Trump supporter, and we do know for certain that the Hillary campaign used this tactic back in the 2016 elections.

Also, why did the Capitol Police refuse National Guard support and who made that call? I worked with the Capitol Police on some tech during the Bush inauguration (after the Gore SC challenge, there were concerns of something like this happening, we deployed a face recognition system for them -- very cutting edge at the time) and at that time they took the potential threat VERY seriously. It really seems strange how unprepared they were for this event.

Lots of questions, few answers, jumping to conclusions yet again is the wrong answer.
What you mean by "start the action".

We already have evidence of people who did plenty of action, who are self-identified, proud Trump supporters.

The woman from San Diego who was killed. And the guy from Arkansas who had his feet up on Pelosi's desk. Just two off the top of my head. Surely, these are not antifa members or liberal plants?

So what do you mean?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
New flash. Unity is NOT part of the libs plan. Scorched earth is a better description. Just look at the posts and threads the libs are making on this site and you'll get an idea of their mindset.
What is unity, to you?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
C’mon man these are clearly white supremacists disguised as the mythical ANTIFA.

ANTIFA does not exist. ANTIFA is just a figment of the RW imagination.
A small group in Portland, Oregon, can be blamed for everything bad that happens to conservative causes in the entire nation?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Imgur strips metadata from pictures, I'm pretty sure. (y)
Even the sites that strip it away don't trash it, they just keep if from being seen by other users. Facebook is notorious for collecting it, and using it to market things to you. Twitter actually markets the ability to harvest user location data as a feature.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Even the sites that strip it away don't trash it, they just keep if from being seen by other users. Facebook is notorious for collecting it, and using it to market things to you. Twitter actually markets the ability to harvest user location data as a feature.
These companies, Google not the least, make unfathomable amounts of money off that data.

I'm not apologizing for that. Just recognizing the transaction: you get free, powerful services (gmail, gdoc, maps, social networking .... which these companies pay to build massive internet/software infrastructure, themselves , to support), in exchange for your data.

Maybe it shouldn't be that way. But it is. Anyway .....

USAF

Reaction score
Has CRG been banned yet? If not, why?

This thread is as disgusting as the actual coup attempt.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Wow, must be serious.

BarnBurner has softened to blaming both parties. Sort of.
Haven't been paying attention, eh treasonous traitor? I have always said be it from the left pocket or right pocket it does not matter. the PARTIES are the PROBLEM.

And people like you that only blame one PARTY.

stocker08

Reaction score
The president literally told his supporters to do this. There’s countless examples of confirmed right wing extremists taking part. It’s ridiculous to think a few antifa could have caused yesterday to happen.
And there are many "not Trump supporters" around the country and here on the OTB that have said that it's no big deal that Trump has been rallying people for the last two months with his "stolen election" claims. Or that his own henchmen have been calling for extreme acts. Lin Wood openly saying these things. Crazy Rudy calling for "trial by combat".

Who cares. He'll leave on the 20th. No big deal that the president of the United States pushed a conspiracy to the point where more than 10% of the population actually believe him and are willing to act on those claims. Nope. Stop being loony says the "not Trump voters". Nothing will come of this.

Top Bottom