Antifa Infiltrates Trump Rally & Attacks Capital

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
You may be right. Trump also made it worse with his actions yesterday. I also agree there was a difference (I posted the below yesterday) between this summer and yesterday. Neither of those things has anything to do with my point tho. They belong in the same conversation and S2 talking about the differences in how they were covered/viewed is fair conversation and doesn't mean he condones yesterday any more than you talking about why you feel yesterday was worse means you are condoning what happend this summer. I find it odd people even try to debate "which was worse" --- both situations were absolute CFs.
I agree with your post from yesterday. I told you I didn't read through the whole thread. :) However, I guess I don't see the difference in how they were covered/viewed. Both were widely covered in the media, and the violence was roundly condemned. S2 is suggesting AOC & others are being hypocritical in their response. I see AOC's response as astute. She's saying if we condemn the violence without addressing the cause, the violence will inevitably flare up again. To me, that's a lot more honest and constructive than empty platitudes. Yesterday's cause is much more blatant, so it's easier for people to condemn the cause and the violence. Just because there's more nuance to this summer's riots, doesn't mean people are being hypocritical.

Angry

Reaction score
But one is way less valid. One is based on decades of police brutality; the other is based on the President's rhetoric. That woman who got shot by Capital Police would probably be alive today if not for the President's unfounded claims.
Years promoting critical race theory nonsense is rhetoric. Temperatures have been raising in this country for at least 10 years.

Section2

Reaction score
It is absolutely fair to discuss the looting and rioting done over the spring and summer. Nobody should defend it.

But I don't think there's any correlation with yesterday, other than mindless violence.

Yesterday was about a president attempting to overthrow an election.

That's not in the same galaxy.
They used the same tactics. That’s why they are similar. Their purpose/goal and the media reaction are hugely different.

Section2

Reaction score
I agree with your post from yesterday. I told you I didn't read through the whole thread. :) However, I guess I don't see the difference in how they were covered/viewed. Both were widely covered in the media, and the violence was roundly condemned. S2 is suggesting AOC & others are being hypocritical in their response. I see AOC's response as astute. She's saying if we condemn the violence without addressing the cause, the violence will inevitably flare up again. To me, that's a lot more honest and constructive than empty platitudes. Yesterday's cause is much more blatant, so it's easier for people to condemn the cause and the violence. Just because there's more nuance to this summer's riots, doesn't mean people are being hypocritical.
Not really about hypocrisy. They have stated that these tactics are good because they work, and they believe their cause is just. Marching, blocking traffic, harassing, making people uncomfortable, occupying, etc. the burning and looting and rioting is just excused and the worry is always that it stains the entire group or movement. Much effort is put into ignoring that part to protect the movement they care about or support. There is no such care given to political causes they disagree with and it all gets lumped together. And then you have 100% law abiding, peaceful, clean up after themselves movements like the tea party that still get the extremmmee label.

Section2

Reaction score
Media never called for violence!? Pelosi is the best. “People will do what they do. I don’t care about statues,”

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Per the OP title, have any of the people that entered the building(s) been confirmed as being part of Antifia?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Capital Police turned down assistance from the National Guard offered 3-days prior and then again from the FBI offered as the rioting started.

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
Just thought we should start a thread to condemn their violence & discuss appropriate punishment. POlice were nice enough to open the gates & let people into the Capital, but it appears the Antifa plants became violent either to make Trump supporters look bad, or to further their own Communist agenda.

Here's Jake Angeli, an actor & shamanistic practitioner. You'll notice the previous pics of him at the Arizona BLM protests & climate change protests.

CRG, you’re a ❄

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Guess if you don't bother to look, you won't see what you don't want to see.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Sort of interesting that these stories are being completely ignored by the media. Guess it's the new normal for Antifa to be doing what Antifa does...

Last edited:

Livingat45north

Reaction score
I not laughing at any of this, just pointing out that we don't know a lot about what really happened. This jumping to conclusions happens way too often. Remember when it was "white supremacists" that started the initial riots in MPLS, and that the umbrella man was a St. Paul cop? The libs jump all over what CNN and Twitter tells them as being fact, and when it comes out to be totally wrong, it doesn't matter, they believe what the talking heads say the next time, and the next time, and the next time.

An equally plausible answer could be that this was indeed something planted by the libs to try to make Trump look bad. We know that the Hillary campaign did exactly this during their campaign against Trump, sending libs into Trump rallies pretending to be Trump supporters and having them start fights (we know this because Hillary's campaign people told us they did it). That explanation is probably more realistic than the ones the talking heads are pushing. We'll see, maybe...

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I not laughing at any of this, just pointing out that we don't know a lot about what really happened. This jumping to conclusions happens way too often. Remember when it was "white supremacists" that started the initial riots in MPLS, and that the umbrella man was a St. Paul cop? The libs jump all over what CNN and Twitter tells them as being fact, and when it comes out to be totally wrong, it doesn't matter, they believe what the talking heads say the next time, and the next time, and the next time.

An equally plausible answer could be that this was indeed something planted by the libs to try to make Trump look bad. We know that the Hillary campaign did exactly this during their campaign against Trump, sending libs into Trump rallies pretending to be Trump supporters and having them start fights (we know this because Hillary's campaign people told us they did it). That explanation is probably more realistic than the ones the talking heads are pushing. We'll see, maybe...
THEY WEREN'T TRYIN TO OVERTHROWN AN ELECTION AND OUR GOVENRMENT.

YOU BELIEVE EVERY DUMBASS WHOSE PEDDLING A BOOK ONLINE? MAYBE HE'LL SIGN YOUR BOOK - YUMMY BOO.

GET IT DUMBO DONALD????????????????????

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
45 is another self-identified unAmerican. A worthless anchor baby.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Guess if you don't bother to look, you won't see what you don't want to see.

When the Antifa / white supremacist ratio reaches one, let us know. I’d kick either in the balls for fun, but don’t be a dork. It’s been explained above by better writers than me that in a crisis, people who favor chaos rush to the scene, regardless of how it started. The people who sacked my neighborhood had nothing to do with BLM. But they didn’t mind the cover.

USAF

Reaction score

An equally plausible answer could be you're a dishonest right wing hack not worth the tine of day.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
It’s been explained above by better writers than me that in a crisis, people who favor chaos rush to the scene, regardless of how it started. The people who sacked my neighborhood had nothing to do with BLM. But they didn’t mind the cover.
Exactly, it doesn't take many Antifa folks dressed in Trump gear to start something. Did that happen? Did Antifa folks or other liberal plants start the action? We don't know. It's a plausible theory though. They had far more to gain from this happening than a Trump supporter, and we do know for certain that the Hillary campaign used this tactic back in the 2016 elections.

Also, why did the Capitol Police refuse National Guard support and who made that call? I worked with the Capitol Police on some tech during the Bush inauguration (after the Gore SC challenge, there were concerns of something like this happening, we deployed a face recognition system for them -- very cutting edge at the time) and at that time they took the potential threat VERY seriously. It really seems strange how unprepared they were for this event.

Lots of questions, few answers, jumping to conclusions yet again is the wrong answer.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Exactly, it doesn't take many Antifa folks dressed in Trump gear to start something. Did that happen? Did Antifa folks or other liberal plants start the action? We don't know. It's a plausible theory though. They had far more to gain from this happening than a Trump supporter, and we do know for certain that the Hillary campaign used this tactic back in the 2016 elections.
The names of buffalo hat guy, Confederate flag guy, steal the podium guy, feet on Pelosi’s desk guy, they are all out there now, a google search will get you there and they will all do time. This isn’t a great unknown, and it’s got squat to do with Antifa. They all have traceable social media histories, that’s how they are being found.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
The names of buffalo hat guy, Confederate flag guy, steal the podium guy, feet on Pelosi’s desk guy, they are all out there now, a google search will get you there and they will all do time. This isn’t a great unknown, and it’s got squat to do with Antifa. They all have traceable social media histories, that’s how they are being found.
You and I have no idea about their background or motives. Pure speculation. It'll come as a shock to some, but what you read on Twitter may not be true. Just like the Trump people starting fights at Trump campaign events in 2016 ended up not being true (and instead were sent by the Hillary campaign). Doing time is good though, I hope that happens. It'd at least make for an interesting court case. So far when it comes to Antifa, for the vast majority they're doing no time at all. Come-allah even went so far as to raise bail money to get them released before a trial could happen. Hopefully some of these folks, on both sides, will start doing time.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
You and I have no idea about their background or motives. Pure speculation. It'll come as a shock to some, but what you read on Twitter may not be true. Just like the Trump people starting fights at Trump campaign events in 2016 ended up not being true (and instead were sent by the Hillary campaign). Doing time is good though, I hope that happens. It'd at least make for an interesting court case. So far when it comes to Antifa, for the vast majority they're doing no time at all. Come-allah even went so far as to raise bail money to get them released before a trial could happen. Hopefully some of these folks, on both sides, will start doing time.
It isn’t a mystery. It isn’t 1978. People will be found and prosecuted. If you want to accuse me of a double standard, I helped identify rioters in my city this summer using social media. Thugs are stupid.

Spoofin

Reaction score
It isn’t a mystery. It isn’t 1978. People will be found and prosecuted. If you want to accuse me of a double standard, I helped identify rioters in my city this summer using social media. Thugs are stupid.
I don’t think I’ve seen you mention that before. That’s pretty cool. Nice job!

Top Bottom