Antifa Infiltrates Trump Rally & Attacks Capital

scools12

Reaction score
But one is way less valid. One is based on decades of police brutality; the other is based on the President's rhetoric. That woman who got shot by Capital Police would probably be alive today if not for the President's unfounded claims.
You point being burning down cities, rioting and looting is valid when based on rhetoric that is statistically proven false.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Stop the certification by any means necessary (including taking Congress members/Senators hostage or worse). Force the House to decide the election. Trump wins. Even just the ballots being left and them destroying them, which almost happened, would have delayed things significantly.
I guess.

There's also the classics: they had a harebrained idea that didn't pan out like they thought, or they just plain had no idea if anything was going to work but roll the dice anyway.

wiscsucks

Reaction score
Yesterday doesn't happen if Trump accepts the opinions of election officials, the Supreme Court, various state legislatures, and the Attorney General. His supporters still have their grievances and frustrations, but I highly doubt yesterday happens without his continued rhetoric. That's the difference between yesterday & this summer.
What about DFL John Thompson in Hugo? His followers loved it so much he won.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
That's fine, but I'm reading plenty of nonsense on here (both sides) trying to downplay one or the other. I don't care if one was "more" valid or not.
Is it possible to only "up-play" one without that then meaning you're downplaying the other?

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
You point being burning down cities, rioting and looting is valid when based on rhetoric that is statistically proven false.
Nope, not my point at all. But it's a busy thread, so understandable if you missed it.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Chao resigns from Transportation Sec. First Trump cabinet member to resign.

(this is also McConnell's wife)

BarnBurner

Reaction score

And he talks about burning Hugo to the ground. But it's all ok depending on what side your on.
Yup.

It's acceptable for the jam jam clan and their wonderful folks to advocate for violence against whitey.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yesterday doesn't happen if Trump accepts the opinions of election officials, the Supreme Court, various state legislatures, and the Attorney General. His supporters still have their grievances and frustrations, but I highly doubt yesterday happens without his continued rhetoric. That's the difference between yesterday & this summer.
You may be right. Trump also made it worse with his actions yesterday. I also agree there was a difference (I posted the below yesterday) between this summer and yesterday. Neither of those things has anything to do with my point tho. They belong in the same conversation and S2 talking about the differences in how they were covered/viewed is fair conversation and doesn't mean he condones yesterday any more than you talking about why you feel yesterday was worse means you are condoning what happend this summer. I find it odd people even try to debate "which was worse" --- both situations were absolute CFs.

This is a complete sh!t show. There is no rationalization for rioting/violence. Any rioting/violence. There wasn’t earlier this year and there sure as hell isn’t for what happened today. The big difference here is the fucking POTUS incited this rioting and violence. Think about that. I’m embarrassed for our Country.

USAF

Reaction score
It is absolutely fair to discuss the looting and rioting done over the spring and summer. Nobody should defend it.

But I don't think there's any correlation with yesterday, other than mindless violence.

Yesterday was about a president attempting to overthrow an election.

That's not in the same galaxy.

wiscsucks

Reaction score
The fact that you used an example:

- of a person who held no office
- in Hugo
- that didn't result in actual violence
- where the guy apologized

makes it hard to take you seriously.
You are right, it's worse. He gained office after, and inspite of this.

- It didn't result in violence and he apologized. So it's all good.
-He also went after juvenile girls, but hey he apologized, nothing to see here.

What if idiot far right wingers went to mpls and did this? Just change some key words Thompson says. It should be ok according to you.

Last edited:

OldBob53

Reaction score
Do you Trumpists at least acknowledge that its "inappropriate" to assault the Capitol by force?

Top Bottom