Antifa Infiltrates Trump Rally & Attacks Capital

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The Capitol Police took selfies and let them through the gates. The police have been infiltrated by right-wing autocrats.

The Capitol Police must be disbanded immediately. Secret Service must take jurisdiction of the Capitol.

D.C. must become a state. It needs the authority to protect itself.
Interesting. I don’t buy it being staged for the sake of making the right look bad, regardless if by antifa false-flaggers or just actors paid for by who knows whom.

But I could buy that the mob was genuine and the police/security were ordered to let it happen as a spectacle.

Obviously to at least delay the confirmation of Biden’s victory. But to what end?? They can’t possibly have thought they’d delay it indefinitely or get it cancelled outright?? Did they think that if t didn’t occur yesterday, that it would no longer be constitutional?? Just weird.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
But you’re just reframing your opponents mindset dishonestly. Have you taken 2 minutes to think about why they feel the way they do? I have spent a lot of time trying to understand BLM and antifa.

to me this is the crux of it and really nails it, thread
Please, elaborate, because I honestly wholeheartedly disagree.

Spoofin

Reaction score
And equating this to the riots over the summer is grotesque and shameful. The summer riots were in response to police brutality. Yesterday was in response to lies from our President. HUGE difference. Protesters stormed the Capital, Congress was forced to recess, multiple cops were injured, and four people died for what? Because of Trump's vanity? Despicable. I'm not condoning either riots. But it's most certainly not an apples to apples comparison.
I won't touch "equating", but the two are heavily related. Yesterday doesn't happen w/o what transpired over the summer so it really isn't possible to live in a vacuum where you don't discuss one (or the reaction to one) without the other (or the reaction to the other) anymore. You are also right that what happened yesterday was despicable. As is what happened this summer. You clearly think what happened yesterday is worse, and you are entitled to that, but no one should accuse you of condoning what happened this summer because of that view. Same goes the other way.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
I'm not saying they were equal or the same. I'm saying neither had any valid reasons behind them.
But one is way less valid. One is based on decades of police brutality; the other is based on the President's rhetoric. That woman who got shot by Capital Police would probably be alive today if not for the President's unfounded claims.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Both. Remove through 25h. Impeach after. He must be barred from office for life.
He couldn't beat Joe Biden in November.... before all the sh!t that has happened since then. He buried a couple of Senators in GA before what happened yesterday. You honestly think Trump could get elected to any office again? I'm pretty cynical of people, but even I can't see that as a real risk. I hope he is charged with inciting a riot and they throw him in jail with whatever loonies they can find from yesterday.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
He couldn't beat Joe Biden in November.... before all the sh!t that has happened since then. He buried a couple of Senators in GA before what happened yesterday. You honestly think Trump could get elected to any office again? I'm pretty cynical of people, but even I can't see that as a real risk. I hope he is charged with inciting a riot and they throw him in jail with whatever loonies they can find from yesterday.
It happened once you fool. We can't risk it again. We can't let him loom over 2024 even as a potential candidate. We can't let the media talk about him as a candidate. We need to purge the poison forever.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
I won't touch "equating", but the two are heavily related. Yesterday doesn't happen w/o what transpired over the summer so it really isn't possible to live in a vacuum where you don't discuss one (or the reaction to one) without the other (or the reaction to the other) anymore. You are also right that what happened yesterday was despicable. As is what happened this summer. You clearly think what happened yesterday is worse, and you are entitled to that, but no one should accuse you of condoning what happened this summer because of that view. Same goes the other way.
Yesterday doesn't happen if Trump accepts the opinions of election officials, the Supreme Court, various state legislatures, and the Attorney General. His supporters still have their grievances and frustrations, but I highly doubt yesterday happens without his continued rhetoric. That's the difference between yesterday & this summer.

howeda7

Reaction score
Interesting. I don’t buy it being staged for the sake of making the right look bad, regardless if by antifa false-flaggers or just actors paid for by who knows whom.

But I could buy that the mob was genuine and the police/security were ordered to let it happen as a spectacle.

Obviously to at least delay the confirmation of Biden’s victory. But to what end?? They can’t possibly have thought they’d delay it indefinitely or get it cancelled outright?? Did they think that if t didn’t occur yesterday, that it would no longer be constitutional?? Just weird.
Stop the certification by any means necessary (including taking Congress members/Senators hostage or worse). Force the House to decide the election. Trump wins. Even just the ballots being left and them destroying them, which almost happened, would have delayed things significantly.

howeda7

Reaction score
The riots last summer may have helped them feel righteous and justified, but I don't buy for a second that they still wouldn't have done what they did.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yesterday doesn't happen if Trump accepts the opinions of election officials, the Supreme Court, various state legislatures, and the Attorney General. His supporters still have their grievances and frustrations, but I highly doubt yesterday happens without his continued rhetoric. That's the difference between yesterday & this summer.
It also probably doesn't happen if the leadership of the GOP goes to him on 11/7 and says "it's over you need to concede now" instead of "what's the harm in humoring him for a bit?".You just saw what the harm was, you spineless cowards.

Section2

Reaction score
The Capitol Police took selfies and let them through the gates. The police have been infiltrated by right-wing autocrats.

The Capitol Police must be disbanded immediately. Secret Service must take jurisdiction of the Capitol.

D.C. must become a state. It needs the authority to protect itself.
They are basically TSA. Why would it need to become a state to protect itself? FFS you can’t be serious.

justthefacts

Reaction score
This is preposterous. Yesterday was an inevitable situation based on 2 and only 2 realities:

1) Trump is a pathological narcissist who cannot accept he lost under any circumstances
2) Trump has a legion of cult-like followers who would do anything for him

With both of those being true, there was no way to avoid something like what happened yesterday.

Section2

Reaction score
It also probably doesn't happen if the leadership of the GOP goes to him on 11/7 and says "it's over you need to concede now" instead of "what's the harm in humoring him for a bit?".You just saw what the harm was, you spineless cowards.
Yes. If the GOP had told him that he would have immediately conceded.

justthefacts

Reaction score
They are basically TSA. Why would it need to become a state to protect itself? FFS you can’t be serious.
CONSERVATIVES: Tim Walz is a massive failure for not calling up the National Guard soon enough!

ALSO CONS: Why would DC need to become a state to protect itself??!?!?!!?

tikited

Me
Reaction score
But one is way less valid. One is based on decades of police brutality; the other is based on the President's rhetoric. That woman who got shot by Capital Police would probably be alive today if not for the President's unfounded claims.
That's fine, but I'm reading plenty of nonsense on here (both sides) trying to downplay one or the other. I don't care if one was "more" valid or not.

Section2

Reaction score
This is preposterous. Yesterday was an inevitable situation based on 2 and only 2 realities:

1) Trump is a pathological narcissist who cannot accept he lost under any circumstances
2) Trump has a legion of cult-like followers who would do anything for him

With both of those being true, there was no way to avoid something like what happened yesterday.
For a year the media declaring that if your cause is just, it’s ok to use violence, violence is the way to make your voice heard, you don’t think 8 months of that left an impression?
Had Trump won, you don’t think the Dems would be complaining that the election was stolen and fomenting violence? Of course they would. Everyone knew it. Businesses weren’t boarded up on election night because of fears of MAGA riots.

Section2

Reaction score
CONSERVATIVES: Tim Walz is a massive failure for not calling up the National Guard soon enough!

ALSO CONS: Why would DC need to become a state to protect itself??!?!?!!?
I’m not a conservative. The only way to have adequate security at the US capital building is to make DC a state? That’s what you guys are going with? LOL! Couldn’t have to do with your desire for 2 more senators in a 90% Blue district. . Nooooo

USAF

Reaction score
For a year the media declaring that if your cause is just, it’s ok to use violence, violence is the way to make your voice heard, you don’t think 8 months of that left an impression?
Had Trump won, you don’t think the Dems would be complaining that the election was stolen and fomenting violence? Of course they would. Everyone knew it. Businesses weren’t boarded up on election night because of fears of MAGA riots.
Can you give us examples of the media stating violence is ok?

Also, I'm sure you're right about "the Dems fomenting violence" had Trump won. Like in 2016, amiright?

justthefacts

Reaction score
538 gave Biden an 89% chance of winning.

howeda7

Reaction score
Can you give us examples of the media stating violence is ok?

Also, I'm sure you're right about "the Dems fomenting violence" had Trump won. Like in 2016, amiright?
I would like to hear that too. A main stream media member saying "Violence is OK. Violence is the only way to make your voice heard." Shocking! I bet $100 no such clip exists.

USAF

Reaction score
I would like to hear that too. A main stream media member saying "Violence is OK. Violence is the only way to make your voice heard." Shocking! I bet $100 no such clip exists.
There must be hundreds (hundreds? Yes hundreds) of such clips.

"The media" did it for "a year."

GopherJake

Reaction score
Let's see some backing evidence, Weakling. This is a lie.

Top Bottom