Antifa Infiltrates Trump Rally & Attacks Capital

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
The riots over the summer were equally grotesque and shameful. There was zero valid reasons behind any of them.
Not to you and I. But they happened so that means there are valid reasons to someone. One was in response to police brutality, the other in response to the President's vanity. So no, not equal whatsoever.

Section2

Reaction score
no one on here was advocating for violence.
Not explicitly on here. But arguing it was mostly peaceful, justified, done by boogaloos, etc. I mean, Michigan last night had BLM logos on their unis. BLM has been terrorizing all across the country for 9 months. It’s completely mainstream. Yet you want to say with a straight face that progs have opposed it?

chri1673

Reaction score
I think everyone on both sides needs to do is step back at look at this. This whole thread is people saying the same thing, just framed in their own team's rhetoric.

Dems claim its treatment of minorities and brand the other side as racists, et al. -The bad guy is Trump.

Repubs say its the treatment of ignored people, deplorables, et al. -The bad guy is the liberal media.

The reality is they are the same. When Dems say "this disproportionately falls on black people," well, these people are simply the other side of that equation. Both groups are suffering the same problems. It's all economic inequality. They scream it, and are ignored.

Both parties have been using this difference for 60+ years (I mean the current political cycle) to get elected, and they throw their side a bone here and there. Why solve the issues, when we still buy the bullshit. Hell, we put on our teams uniforms and dig in. Politicians only solve problems that we make them solve.

To me it appears you an section 2 want the same thing. You say Trump should be held accountable. He says Dems that looked the other way should be held accountable. What is wrong with either position?

I heard Trump incite riots. I heard Jeremiah Ellison say it is OK to burn down buildings -live on MPR (later that night they burned down the 3rd precinct). I don't care what their elected position is, they should both be barred from office. The difference here is republicans are more centralized, while the Dems are doing it decentralized. neither is ok.

If memory serves me, this has been going on in America since Bacon's rebellion -Black people have been played of politically against the underclass of whites. It reappears in different ways depending on the political cycle. It creates division amongst those that are very powerful together.
El presidente agrees with you.

Sidenote: also pretty cool what he is doing for small businesses and their workers at the moment. Worth taking a look at for those that havent seen this https://www.barstoolsports.com/the-barstool-fund

howeda7

Reaction score
The violence, rioting and looting are unacceptable in both cases. The radicals on the far side of both aisles are responsible for the destruction, not the majority of the peaceful protestors.

To me there is one major difference in what enticed the protest in the first place. In one case you have over a century of oppression triggered by specific acts of violence against that oppressed population.
In the other, you have an elected official in the most influential office in the world spewing conspiracy theories about how an election was stolen. He literally groomed his constituents for months for this specific moment and gathered them out in front of the capital. He called on his followers to revolt and stop the democratic process after his legal attempts to do so failed miserably.

Again, I’m against rioting and looting in any situation, but those responsible are the very small minority of a much larger population. The outrage on my part is directed towards Donald Trump, not the brainwashed radicals storming the capital.
This. All acts of violence should be condemned. But excusing a coup attempt of the US government based on deranged false online conspiracies is disgusting. There's no equivalency and there's no excusing it. We have had protests that sadly become violent/destructive many times in our history. We've never had anything like what happened yesterday. Apples/Oranges and neither excuses the other.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Not to you and I. But they happened so that means there are valid reasons to someone. One was in response to police brutality, the other in response to the President's vanity. So no, not equal whatsoever.
I'm not saying they were equal or the same. I'm saying neither had any valid reasons behind them.

howeda7

Reaction score
However, I can understand why. For four years, people on the right constantly had their voice shut down and cancelled, were called Nazi white supremacists, bigots, racists, homophobes, etc.
Give me a break. The old white men that comprise the plurality/majority of the Trump cult are not victims of having their voices shut down or cancelled. Quite the opposite. They have always had disproportionate power in our country and they are aggrieved at losing even a little of it. As for being labeled with those groups, if you don't want that, don't be on their side.

howeda7

Reaction score
Which is a better excuse and can get your side ramped up more?

Election stolen due to Russian interference?

Or

Election stolen due to voter fraud?
Who said the 2016 election was stolen by Russian interference? Please name them. There was Russian interference, but there is no evidence any votes cast were changed. Just as there is no evidence that any votes were changed or any material fraud occurred in 2020.

Section2

Reaction score
But you’re just reframing your opponents mindset dishonestly. Have you taken 2 minutes to think about why they feel the way they do? I have spent a lot of time trying to understand BLM and antifa.

to me this is the crux of it and really nails it, thread

Section2

Reaction score
Who said the 2016 election was stolen by Russian interference? Please name them. There was Russian interference, but there is no evidence any votes cast were changed. Just as there is no evidence that any votes were changed or any material fraud occurred in 2020.
Howeda7 to start.

Section2

Reaction score
That's also why so many of un-kept beards. Have to boycott Gillette too.
I’m so mad that people are rioting and using violence to achieve their ends! I also hate peaceful non association and expressing opinions thru commerce! Isn’t your whole Gillette argument that it will be ineffective? Mocking me for “really making a difference” lolll!? I guess the capitol stormed agree with you. You hate Trump, but also Romney and Pence. You think Coolidge is laughable. Is there any consistency in anything you say? The only one I can find is “whatever Anderson Cooper says.”

Nax5

Reaction score
But you’re just reframing your opponents mindset dishonestly. Have you taken 2 minutes to think about why they feel the way they do? I have spent a lot of time trying to understand BLM and antifa.

to me this is the crux of it and really nails it, thread
I think that's optimistic. I dont think people rioted yesterday because they felt oppressed. They did it because Trump enabled it. And then encouraged it.

Section2

Reaction score
I think that's optimistic. I dont think people rioted yesterday because they felt oppressed. They did it because Trump enabled it. And then encouraged it.
That just turns millions of people into mindless zombies rather than real people with real concerns. It’s not a good thing to dehumanize your opponents that way.

Nax5

Reaction score
That just turns millions of people into mindless zombies rather than real people with real concerns. It’s not a good thing to dehumanize your opponents that way.
There weren't millions, though. It was thousands. I believe there are at least 1000 total mindless zombies that will do anything Trump says. That doesn't preclude original Trump voters with legitimate grievances.

Section2

Reaction score
This has been going on for months, and largely ignored and excused and normalized. You don’t see CNN freaking out about a mayor being accosted, fireworks shot outside his home, intimidation, rioting, attacking federal buildings. Just a big yawn. The entire focus of the left was to get rid of Trump. And hey, I’m sure all the progs today are like, “see!! We were right!” But you’re missing the big picture.

Section2

Reaction score
There weren't millions, though. It was thousands. I believe there are at least 1000 total mindless zombies that will do anything Trump says. That doesn't preclude original Trump voters with legitimate grievances.
If you’re only speaking of the people who stormed the capitol, fine.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
This has been going on for months, and largely ignored and excused and normalized. You don’t see CNN freaking out about a mayor being accosted, fireworks shot outside his home, intimidation, rioting, attacking federal buildings. Just a big yawn. The entire focus of the left was to get rid of Trump. And hey, I’m sure all the progs today are like, “see!! We were right!” But you’re missing the big picture.
But all of that was mostly peaceful.

Top Bottom