Anti-Semitism

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
It's one thing to criticize a government for its policies. It's a different matter to hate an entire people because of their ethnicity or religion.

The hard part is figuring out where and how someone crosses the line from valid criticism to racism or anti-semitism.

Similar to how people dealt with Obama. If you criticize Obama, is it a valid critique of a politician, or is there an underlying feeling of racism because of his skin color?

To really know, in most cases, you would have to be able to look inside a person's heart and soul. Not easy to do. Most people don't walk down the street wearing a sign that says "I'm a racist."
It’s really not that hard once you figure out what to look for. One way is to look at their inconsistency on certain topics and how regardless of the topic they always manage to wind on up on the opposite side of the group they are racist against.

Case in point; folks who claim their love for America is why they are for immigration laws/walls or are against healthcare reform like the ACA.........but then miraculously are for the confederacy and statues of traitors?

Racists are really stupid, it’s not that hard to expose them. Trump did it unintentionally when he openly sought their vote. He’s too stupid to be subtle and the racists just fell in love with his “straight” talk. Also known as openly racist talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
Question - So if I criticize Israel, am I an anti-Semite? For instance, if I think how they treat Palestinians is a war crime, does that make me an anti-Semite?
Definitely not. Same for criticizing Hamas and Palestinians. That also doesn’t Make you a racist. Same with Canadians, as criticizing their leader for wearing blackface doesn’t make you racist.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Criticizing Israel does not make you an anti-Semite. Similarly, criticizing Palestine as an Iranian-backed, terrorist state, does not make one an Islamophobe.

OldBob53

Reaction score
This increasing violence against Jews is a symptom of a bigger problem: Rising Stupidity.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Definitely not. Same for criticizing Hamas and Palestinians. That also doesn’t Make you a racist. Same with Canadians, as criticizing their leader for wearing blackface doesn’t make you racist.
Yes, but does Rudy Giuliani coming out as a high-priced Jew put him at increased risk of being stabbed?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yikes. At some point, I have to question if these people actually believe this stuff, or are legit just trying to making a living off other people's racism/hatred? (of course that doesn't excuse it)

If there is a niche group of people who want to pay to hear someone say racist things ... there will probably be someone who will say "sure, I'll do that for a buck".

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Why do you and some others insist on resurrecting old threads? Let sleeping dogs lie. I know that's a tradition around here but it's time to break that tradition. Fresh discussions are far better than stale ones.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Why do you and some others insist on resurrecting old threads? Let sleeping dogs lie. I know that's a tradition around here but it's time to break that tradition. Fresh discussions are far better than stale ones.
The name of the thread is "Anti-Semitism." Seemed pretty germane.

Wally

Reaction score
I think Jews are amazing, they have moved the human race so far forward, thru their amazing achievements in so many areas. I believe some groups of Jews truly have superior brains than the avg person. That said what Israel is doing to the palistineans is wrong. We should have moved all the Jews to the US post WWII. Israel is rotten due to how it was founded. No easy solution for that original sin....

Wally

Reaction score
Trump appoints Israel hater.
Where is the outrage??

Top Bottom