Anti-Semitism

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Question - So if I criticize Israel, am I an anti-Semite? For instance, if I think how they treat Palestinians is a war crime, does that make me an anti-Semite?

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
No , but I do know that it’s racist to insult, disagree or say anything bad about ME.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
No , but I do know that it’s racist to insult, disagree or say anything bad about ME.[emoji6]

I'll tell you this.......I think you have a better chance of critizing any minority about anything and not being called a racist then you would criticizing a jewish person. Israel and its supports have this down to a science

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
I'll tell you this.......I think you have a better chance of critizing any minority about anything and not being called a racist then you would criticizing a jewish person. Israel and its supports have this down to a science
Real talk?
I respect Jewish folk; I wish black people were as united.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Blacks - race
Jewish - person of a religion
There is a lot to be said for unity. Jewish folks make up like 2% of the US population but look at the amount of power they wheel.

diehard

Reaction score
Good job. You drew out all the anti-Semites. Well, most all of them.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Good job. You drew out all the anti-Semites. Well, most all of them.
The Jews bomb the Palestinians and the Palestinians bomb the Jews. They are both horrible to each other. That's it in a nutshell.

God

Banned
Reaction score
Blacks - race
Jewish - person of a religion
It’s also an ethnicity. I’ve spent time in Israel on business and have met a lot of atheist residents who’d consider themselves Jewish.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
It's one thing to criticize a government for its policies. It's a different matter to hate an entire people because of their ethnicity or religion.

The hard part is figuring out where and how someone crosses the line from valid criticism to racism or anti-semitism.

Similar to how people dealt with Obama. If you criticize Obama, is it a valid critique of a politician, or is there an underlying feeling of racism because of his skin color?

To really know, in most cases, you would have to be able to look inside a person's heart and soul. Not easy to do. Most people don't walk down the street wearing a sign that says "I'm a racist."

diehard

Reaction score
You might have The Pope and Jesus mixed up.

MennoSota

Reaction score
It’s also an ethnicity. I’ve spent time in Israel on business and have met a lot of atheist residents who’d consider themselves Jewish.
If you met them...how could they be atheists? [emoji848]

MennoSota

Reaction score
It's one thing to criticize a government for its policies. It's a different matter to hate an entire people because of their ethnicity or religion.

The hard part is figuring out where and how someone crosses the line from valid criticism to racism or anti-semitism.

Similar to how people dealt with Obama. If you criticize Obama, is it a valid critique of a politician, or is there an underlying feeling of racism because of his skin color?

To really know, in most cases, you would have to be able to look inside a person's heart and soul. Not easy to do. Most people don't walk down the street wearing a sign that says "I'm a racist."
Straight talk from SON. You got it on this topic.

Top Bottom