Another Police Related Shooting in the MSP Area?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
One possible answer - for medical mistakes, there is an established avenue to follow with medical malpractice laws. It may be cumbersome at times, but there is a method to address those issues.

and in certain cases, Doctors face professional review and can be sanctioned or lose their medical license.

Similar to lawyers with legal malpractice. lawyers can be sued, and face professional review, which can lead to losing their law license.

with police, it is a lot more murky. the numbers show that it is extremely difficult to prosecute officers for misconduct, and police unions tend to protect their own at a greater level than the medical or legal professions.

So, I don't think we get the same coverage on bad doctors or bad lawyers because those professions 'police' themselves and there are more successful avenues to seek legal recourse for medical or legal malpractice.
So cops aren’t fired? 🙄

How many Doctors are committing suicide? b/c police officers have the highest rate of suicide of any profression.

Not to mention the ones that die in the line of duty. Almost 100 so far this year. How many doctors have died in the line of duty this year?

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Super, the far left now attacking defense witnesses. Any difference between these tactics and the mafia? Maybe that’s why they are called the mob
The mafia would let you know who did it.

cncmin

Reaction score
It adds context and helps explain the rabbit hole you and many others have fallen down. As someone not on Facebook I scoff at the suggestion that people get duped on there but this is clearly a reminder, we have a GH'er sharing content from elderly far-right Third Reich sympathizers.
It's amazing how much stupid stuff is posted on Facebook....and how many people are so easily duped by it all.

CurveballJesus

Reaction score
Another shooting in Burnsville. Happened a minute or two before I drove into it. Huge police presence, blocking the highway. Suspect is white and the shooting seems pretty obviously justified based on the video and the circumstances.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Suspect is white and the shooting seems pretty obviously justified based on the video and the circumstances.
Easily.

This is one where I'm happy that the person is just dead. Don't need to F around with giving them due process. Worthless life, won't use up our air, food, water, etc. anymore.

atsgopher

Reaction score
The politics played on the issue absolutely has a sociological affect. There is a narrative that is widely believed that black people will be killed. Even though it is a relatively rare event. It’s clearly becoming a feedback loop.

I say this with full knowledge that balck people are also stopped harrassed with aggressive policing at a far higher rate.

Trying to make the nuanced point is difficult, but no one ever said leadership is easy. I feel a large portion of blame goes to activism that is poltical in nature as oppossed to Social (idealistic vs realistic?).

I think an abstract way around this might be a series of non-profits, organized to provide serios legal council. Not the crap that comes out of the “Public pretenders office.” While simultaneously brow beating the message that fighting and fleeing police increase signifcantly increase/create the danger.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The politics played on the issue absolutely has a sociological affect. There is a narrative that is widely believed that black people will be killed. Even though it is a relatively rare event. It’s clearly becoming a feedback loop.

I say this with full knowledge that balck people are also stopped harrassed with aggressive policing at a far higher rate.

Trying to make the nuanced point is difficult, but no one ever said leadership is easy. I feel a large portion of blame goes to activism that is poltical in nature as oppossed to Social (idealistic vs realistic?).

I think an abstract way around this might be a series of non-profits, organized to provide serios legal council. Not the crap that comes out of the “Public pretenders office.” While simultaneously brow beating the message that fighting and fleeing police increase signifcantly increase/create the danger.
Not becoming a feedback loop ... has been one, for a long time.

Policing originated as posses to round up escaped slaves.

As long as Black slaves have been free, they’ve reinforced amongst themselves and taught their kids to not trust, fear, run away from, and if need be fight the police.

I don’t disagree at all that it seems like a good idea to try to break this chain.

But that’s not at all a compromise. It’s saying “we should policing exactly as it is, and Blacks should change”. That’s not going to fly I’m afraid.

And policing does need to change.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I noticed that Al Sharpton and Ben Crump were at Wright’s funeral today.

I must have missed them at Jaslyn Adams’s funeral.

scools12

Reaction score
I noticed that Al Sharpton and Ben Crump were at Wright’s funeral today.

I must have missed them at Jaslyn Adams’s funeral.
No reason to show at Jaslyn Adams’s funeral.

No narrative for Al Sharpton to push and no money for Ben Crump to make.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I guess no one on GH OTB is going to touch this justified shooting that the left hastily judged, including the White House:

STPGopher

Reaction score
Not becoming a feedback loop ... has been one, for a long time.

Policing originated as posses to round up escaped slaves.

As long as Black slaves have been free, they’ve reinforced amongst themselves and taught their kids to not trust, fear, run away from, and if need be fight the police.

I don’t disagree at all that it seems like a good idea to try to break this chain.

But that’s not at all a compromise. It’s saying “we should policing exactly as it is, and Blacks should change”. That’s not going to fly I’m afraid.

And policing does need to change.

I disagree with the bold. Assuming that I am interpreting this correctly, you are saying black Americans teach their children to run from the police. That is incorrect. That is what "the talk" is all about. Cliffnotes: Comply and pray like mad it works.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
But that’s some messed up stuff, in that video. On that view, what do you want the cop to do?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It’s OK to bring up a topic you think needs attention without complaining that you feel burdened by being the first to mention it.
I didn’t feel the need to start a new thread like Broke does and other lefties do all the time.

I don’t feel burdened. Just pointing out the obvious inattention to a circumstance that many on the left still felt was ‘white cop killing black’ story, like Lebron and numerous other lefties.

howeda7

Reaction score
I didn’t feel the need to start a new thread like Broke does and other lefties do all the time.
Do Conservative artists pay you as an influencer for all the extra clicks you generate for them?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

I don’t feel burdened. Just pointing out the obvious inattention to a circumstance that many on the left still felt was ‘white cop killing black’ story, like Lebron and numerous other lefties.
Line one pfffft.
Line two, you are absolutely right.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Another shooting in Burnsville. Happened a minute or two before I drove into it. Huge police presence, blocking the highway. Suspect is white and the shooting seems pretty obviously justified based on the video and the circumstances.

Shit, I'm gonna go steal an iPhone.

Section2

Reaction score
I guess no one on GH OTB is going to touch this justified shooting that the left hastily judged, including the White House:

The insane thing about this clip is that it really seemed to explode the second the cops arrived. Like, it wouldn’t have happened had they been there 30 seconds earlier or later.
it’s also weird to me that these folks I would assume (dangerous to do) would tell you that they live their lives in fear and terror because of police. You think anyone in Nazi Germany would behave that way the second the SS showed up? Or would they immediately snap in line and be on best behavior?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The insane thing about this clip is that it really seemed to explode the second the cops arrived. Like, it wouldn’t have happened had they been there 30 seconds earlier or later.
it’s also weird to me that these folks I would assume (dangerous to do) would tell you that they live their lives in fear and terror because of police. You think anyone in Nazi Germany would behave that way the second the SS showed up? Or would they immediately snap in line and be on best behavior?
The definition of dysfunctional family. Very dysfunctional.

Top Bottom