Another Police Related Shooting in the MSP Area?

stocker08

Reaction score
He'd probably have him already if he didn't have to stalk people on Gopherhole. We're saving Joe's presidency!

Well you are being mean to big brother deuce. He has to tantrum on you before getting the big guy.

Section2

Reaction score
You’re right. Probably had nothing to with the county wide curfew.
In Maryland? I don’t understand your point. I love when people I have no history with just come hard with the sarcasm.

Section2

Reaction score
No mention of the Peyton Ham story on those liberal cesspools, OANN or Newsmax, either. Those M-Fer’s!
This would be an awesome point if I hadn’t already said that Fox didn’t cover the Peyton story either. My point was not what you think it was.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Back to the matter at hand. I think one of the central questions here is the use of weapons by police. If a bad guy has a gun and is shooting at the cops, of course they are going to shoot back But, what we are seeing in a lot of these cases are police shooting first because they are assuming the person they are dealing with is a threat. I get that being a cop is inherently dangerous. But, that does not give them the right to start blazing away in any situation. I don't want to see anyone get shot because the police guessed wrong about their intentions.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Back to the matter at hand. I think one of the central questions here is the use of weapons by police. If a bad guy has a gun and is shooting at the cops, of course they are going to shoot back But, what we are seeing in a lot of these cases are police shooting first because they are assuming the person they are dealing with is a threat. I get that being a cop is inherently dangerous. But, that does not give them the right to start blazing away in any situation. I don't want to see anyone get shot because the police guessed wrong about their intentions.
Nope! You are not allowed to question training, or any other policing issue.

Wally

Reaction score
Making jokes about the death of a 16-year old. Classy Howie. What a winner.
Spoof is very offended....
🤣🤣🤣

Spoofs head would probably explode if he saw the jokes I get shown at work. Yesterday it was a picture cartoon female cop in a halloween sexy police outfit smiling saying. Oops I thought it was Tasie.

Spoofin

Reaction score
He'd probably have him already if he didn't have to stalk people on Gopherhole. We're saving Joe's presidency!
Too funny. I point out your lies and you making jokes about a kid who died and I’m stalking you. You think very highly of yourself. Pathetic.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Funny how upset Jojo voters got about Trump losing. Just like all the Gary Johnson voters in 2016 turned out to love Trump dearly. What are the odds?
Link?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Here that has no bearing, a 26 year veteran mistook her gun for a taser in Brooklyn Center. Her mistake is the unique part of the entire equation.
Was it a mistake for Mr Wright to attempt to flee police custody?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
This case is publicly widespread because of a horrible mistake by a professional that resulted in an unintended murder. That doesn't require me to fill in details or provide extended narrative liscence.
Nor does it require you to be honest about Mr Wright and his criminal record, apparently.

jamiche

Reaction score
look who’s assassinating Dante’s character. Why are you Trayvoning Dante? He didn’t deserve to die Jammer, how dare you infer he did.
Now I have to teach you the difference between inference and implication, melvin. Even you couldn't have inferred that I was implying that Dante deserved to die because the next sentence in my post stated that he didn't deserve to die. Followed by the point that we had a situation with two panicked individuals, one with a gun who lacked competence and training.

An appropriate inference is when craig, less and the new poster started posting immediately about Dante's criminal record. I think it was less who posted the criminal complaint about the armed robbery. Their reporting on the victim's past was extensive and one sided. That's when it's appropriate for non binaries to infer that your fellow donalds were implying rather strongly that the victim deserved what he got.

Hope this helps. See me for follow up.

goldengophers

Reaction score
Nor does it require you to be honest about Mr Wright and his criminal record, apparently.
It just doesn't matter in this case, she didn't mistake the gun for a taser because of his criminal record. Having a criminal record doesn't equal right to be killed on the spot. I understand your game but in this case there is no reason to play it as an individual died wholly due to a mistake and misconduct.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
It just doesn't matter in this case, she didn't mistake the gun for a taser because of his criminal record. Having a criminal record doesn't equal right to be killed on the spot.
Let's sp[in it back a few posts - Was it a mistake for Mr Wright to attempt to flee police custody?

THAT matters.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
"Shoot first, ask questions later" needs to be illegal.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
By that logic the drunk driver that kills someone simply made a mistake.
Nope.

The correct analogy would be a drunk driver who only decides to crash into someone because they have a criminal record.

You lose.

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
Manslaughter 2 is the correct charge. Negligent discharge of a firearm leading to someone else's death.

That said, maybe my definition of negligent discharge (anytime a gun goes off when the responsible person didn't intend it to) is much broader than some of your definition.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Manslaughter 2 is the correct charge. Negligent discharge of a firearm leading to someone else's death.

That said, maybe my definition of negligent discharge (anytime a gun goes off when the responsible person didn't intend it to) is much broader than some of your definition.
I posted the Minnesota statute here: https://www.forums.gopherhole.com/b...-shooting-in-the-msp-area.101177/post-2208601

(1) is the main one that applies here, the rest seem to be for very specific situations that don't apply.

The thing which has been brought up is the idea (and potential difficulty) of establishing that an "unreasonable risk" was created.

I personally don't think it would be difficult to convince a jury that that did indeed happen. But I am a layperson.

Section2

Reaction score
Now I have to teach you the difference between inference and implication, melvin. Even you couldn't have inferred that I was implying that Dante deserved to die because the next sentence in my post stated that he didn't deserve to die. Followed by the point that we had a situation with two panicked individuals, one with a gun who lacked competence and training.

An appropriate inference is when craig, less and the new poster started posting immediately about Dante's criminal record. I think it was less who posted the criminal complaint about the armed robbery. Their reporting on the victim's past was extensive and one sided. That's when it's appropriate for non binaries to infer that your fellow donalds were implying rather strongly that the victim deserved what he got.

Hope this helps. See me for follow up.
Ah, I see your problem. You think there are only two options. Deserved it, or did not deserve it. So anyone providing evidence or argument that fits more in the “deserved it” camp, thinks he deserved it. A very binary argument.
Of course, most of us here aren’t thinking of these as binary situation. What you call “character assassination” is what curious people call finding out more about the victim, putting the shooters response and motive into context, etc.

Dante didn’t deserve to die.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Nope.

The correct analogy would be a drunk driver who only decides to crash into someone because they have a criminal record.

You lose.
Correct. Man, too bad he got killed by a texting driver, but he did beat his wife. If you find this tragic, you are for wife beating.

Top Bottom